ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

cheapes-quickest self suffiency resident card in EU

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Re: cheapes-quickest self suffiency resident card in EU

Post by jul1 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:34 am

took them 2 weeks to manufacture the gnib card with stamp 4 , but that is sorted now.
Took only 6 weeks to get all paperwork sorted from date of arrival, cant complain.
Now we just wait for eu4fam card.

Jane20231
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Jane20231 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:12 pm

Hello
I would like to asked, can I travel to Ireland with article 10 resident card ?? And how many days of stamp the immigration officers will give on arrival ???
As I come to know jul you have bad experience with immigration officers even though your wife showed the valid visa??

should I say to the immigration officer that my wife will exercise treaty rights ?? Or should I say we are going to visit ??

Please advice

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:45 pm

umairks123 wrote:Hello
I would like to asked, can I travel to Ireland with article 10 resident card ?? And how many days of stamp the immigration officers will give on arrival ???
As I come to know jul you have bad experience with immigration officers even though your wife showed the valid visa??

should I say to the immigration officer that my wife will exercise treaty rights ?? Or should I say we are going to visit ??

Please advice
Yes u can travel here with ur article 10 card, of course ur spouse has to be with u, and the marriage cert as well.
When we entered the country i just thought the full honest way will be the best cause we had all the paperwork, and there was nothing wrong or bad we were doing, but that IO was an idiot, and the other one next to that is the same, trying to deny us for half an hour with all that BS, and i had to correct them like 10 times about our rights... it was ridiculous and scary, at one point i was thinking about to tell them how stupid they are, and if we are detained we will sue them for unlawful detainment, it happened many times before and they got like 7 grand for that...but anyway i knew he will let us in cause we had loads of papers proving our claims.
But maybe it would have been easier to say my wife will come to visit me for few weeks or months, but than i had to buy a return ticket for her and that just did not feel right at that time, but maybe now i would do that just to prevent this hassle.
So maybe the easiest way is the get return ticket, maybe even for ur spouse, that looks the easiest case to the dumb IO: non-eu comes, in few weeks non-eu leaves, good.
And if u think about it the return ticket is not much more expensive than single one, or even the same price, even if ur coming from the other side of the world, like Ireland - Philippines is about 700eur/person return, but the single is like 500eur, and if you come from Europe it is even smaller difference.

Jane20231
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Jane20231 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:24 pm

Thanks jul for your reply

do you think airlines will aware of article 10 resident card?? Beacuse I have heard so many horror stories that people were denied boarding even they showed resident card.

And also in Ireland immigration officer will put stamp of how many days???

I think with resident card they don't have to put entry exit stamp is that true ???

jlad

Post by jlad » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:59 am

Hi there,

I am malaysian, and non visa required national to UK/Ireland/Schengen. I have been to UK a lot of times and probably 3 times to Ireland.

I have never had any problems regarding to enter to any countries in Europe as all i have to do is take my passport with me and it is good to go. Immigration officers are fine as they always just ask the standard immigration questions like, what is your purpose of staying and how long you will be here, if you ask me that is the standard immigration questions you get pretty much everywhere you go.

I am married to an Irish and now living in another EU country holding Article 10 card.

In fact, i think Irish immigration officers are the friendliest i have ever encountered. At one time i was in Dublin airport and my other half went to EU lane and i have to go to non-EU lane. When it was my turn, the immigration officers asked me how long will i be in Ireland. I replied and said that probably 4-5 days as i cant remember the dates but i can take pull it out from my email if you want to know. He said that is fine and asked me how long do i prefer him to give me to stay in Ireland, a week or full 90 days that i am entitled to, i said i am not bothered as i am only here for them few days so he ended up give me 10 days and said them few days extra would cover me if something happened. I said oh, that is really nice of him. I did not mention to him that my other half is Irish or i lived in another EU country.

My question now is, my other half is Irish and i am non visa required national, would i have to apply family visa via Irish Embassy when we move back to Ireland?

Any information will be helpful.

Thank you.

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:38 pm

apply for stamp4 of course, that will allow you to work legally in ireland, but be carefull, if you are more than 3 months out of the country immigration could be a b*tch and revoke the stamp4.

Btw, you as a non visa required citzizen, IO will be friendly to you, cause u have rights to enter the country, could be different with visa required persons, like it happened with my wife once.

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:00 pm

update to my own topic:

-we entered Ireland with my fillipino wife 02/2017 (IO was an idiot, had to argue for half hour cause he was incompetent for his job)
-we had all the paperworks for supporting the eu1 application, so applied in few days
-she got the gnib card with stamp4 in 4 weeks, expiring end of November (9 months validity)
-she got the PSC card (based on she has to be registered with PRTB)
-once they asked for more documents, they lost one batch i sent, even thouhg it was registered mail, its good that every paper is photocopy, had to send it again, important! you should receive an acknowledgement letter in post for every time u send in documents, one time we did not get one, i thought its fine, sure they got it, but not, had to resend
-we went back to Hungary already for 1 week, the Schengen visa was still valid for her, as she got it for 1 year, getting the re-entry irish visa was very simple, took 10 days to get back the passport with the visa in it, coming back IO was nice this time, was very easy to get in (not like the first time)
-after 8.5 months the eu4fam card is accepted, we will collect that soon

Now some questions:

1, we want to travel to UK for xmas soon, article 10 cards are still accepted fine in UK right? the uk website says yes, but just asking...
2, i could apply the Irish citizenship now, but my biggest concern is travelling. Now with the eu4fam card wecan travel easily in the EU, but if i become Irish she will go back to stamp4, and has to apply for Schengen visa and irish re-entry visa all the time. Ok, the re-entry visa is easy to get, but is it possible to get it for like 1 year? The Schengen visa is definitely possible cause she got it already with 1 year. So to sum up, if we have hassle with the 2 visas once a year maybe we can survive that.

So the question, is it really worth to apply the irish citizenship now, or will i wait until my is here for 4 years already and than apply (this case she doesnt have to go trough the permanent resident card process, cause before that she would go back to stamp4 as spouse of irish)?
hint: at the moment the irish citizenship is not important to me, i can wait few years, but eventually of course i want to get it

Euindianspouce
Newly Registered
India

Post by Euindianspouce » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:59 am

Hi all
I am Indian citizen and spouse of EU national. I applied 5 times EEA family permit 4 refusals and 5 th time withdrawn after 7 months. We have 11 months child from our relation and we both leaving here in India together from 3 years after our marriage.
This was my history. Now come to the point.
I am fed up with UKVI and waiting for final decision of my appeal from past 2 years. So I found a way to enter in UK. Indian passport holder can get on arrival visa in Serbia. So I came to Belgrade. From Belgrade to Luton there is direct flight operated by wizz air. I have already booked flight and communicate with their customer care for boarding.They have confirmed that I can board flight to London with my partner and Son. We need to present marriage certificate and birth certificate. I have both certificate apostiled from India.

I hope all goes well at Luton airport.
Anyone get stamp visa from any UK airport in same situation like mine?

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:29 pm

well, its interesting
when i did not know how to come back to Ireland last year i was looking for similar option like u, then every one said it wont work, cause they wont let my wife to board the plane.

If they let u board without uk visa, based only on the EUTR u are very lucky, as u can read my story above even with the irish visa i had to argue for half an hour to enter the country.

So i guess after waiting for years u dont have any other option, just try it, prepare with loads of documents.

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:31 pm

ohhh, general update to my topic:

stamp 4 eufam card works like a charm, we went to UK already, they did not even ask for any papers, they barely even check the passport, coming from Ireland, it is really a hassle free travel, finally after 2.5 years of hassle we have that

together_2017
Mood:
Ireland

Post by together_2017 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:48 pm

jul1 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:31 pm
ohhh, general update to my topic:

stamp 4 eufam card works like a charm, we went to UK already, they did not even ask for any papers, they barely even check the passport, coming from Ireland, it is really a hassle free travel, finally after 2.5 years of hassle we have that
Hi Jul, Have you received the EU FAM before your spouse stamp4 got expired? Mine is coming to end on feb 2018 decision was suppose to have on November 2017 according to inis letter.... what should I do if no response from inis and my temp stamp 4 gets expired :( ?

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:53 pm

yeah, we got it 3 weeks before the temporary stamp expiration

if u did not get it yet go in the garda station ask for extension, they will give 2-3 months extra

Gilliankurt92
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Gilliankurt92 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:03 pm

Hi,

I'm living in Ireland with my Turkish husband. I'm from UK. We are looking to go to UK for a short holiday. Can he travel using the GNIB card that has on it stamp4 EUFAM?