ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Baby born in UK to tier 2 parents

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kk1612
Newly Registered

Baby born in UK to tier 2 parents

Post by kk1612 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:21 pm

Hi,
I came to the UK as student in 2008 and then switched to PSWD and got my first Tier 2 visa in March 2013 and my wife came to the UK as my dependent in Sept 2014. We have a baby born in the UK in July 2017.

we have our baby birth registration certificate from High Commission of India but we didn't apply for his India passport or dependent visa yet.
Can I register my UK born baby as a British citizen when I get my ILR in April this year( my wife will get ILR in 2019) without having Indian passport or dependent visa?

The information in the below posts making me worry. So do I need to apply for india passport and dependant visa?

indefinite-leave-to-remain/baby-born-in ... 38876.html

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/ilr- ... 46681.html

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Baby born in UK to tier 2 parents

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:26 pm

The two topics are not relevant to you.

If you get ILR, you can register a UK born child as British. It is an entitlement to register when EITHER parent gets ILR.

You do not have to apply for a visa or a passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kk1612
Newly Registered

Post by kk1612 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:37 pm

Hi CR001,
Thank you for your quick reply.

The second topic might not relevant to me but the first one looks like, as they mentioned baby born in the UK and caseworker asked why you didn't apply any visa for your baby and the answer "she born here n never travel out of uk" was not satisfactory to the caseworker.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:40 pm

You are overthinking.

It is acceptable to tell HO, IF they ask, that you will be registering the child as BC once ILR is granted. Many applicants have done this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kk1612
Newly Registered

Post by kk1612 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:47 pm

Hi CR001,
Thank you for your response and really appreciate your time.

I have another quick question related to this.
I am planning to switch my Tier 2 sponsor early next month. So do I need to include my baby in the application?

The new sponsor's solicitor is asking to apply for my baby passport and they need to include the baby in the application along with my spouse, and this is manditory.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:05 pm

I am planning to switch my Tier 2 sponsor early next month. So do I need to include my baby in the application?
No you do not.

Why are you switching sponsors when you can apply for ILR PBS route next month??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kk1612
Newly Registered

Post by kk1612 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:25 pm

Our current employer had an HO visit in Oct 2017 and they didn't get any update from HO yet. The company has not revoked or not even suspended yet, but didn't get any confirmation from HO saying that everything is OK.

So I think that if I apply for ILR while the HO is doing some verifications on the company then they might put my ILr application on hold. Is that correct?

And I got an offer from the big company and they are ready to sponsor me. So I think that its better to switch company and once I get my new sponsorship visa, work with them for a month and then apply for ILR through the new sponsor.

Is there any problem Switching the company when my ILR is due in a couple of months and/or HO verification is in progress on my current employer? Also when they visit our company in Oct 2017 they have interviewed me along with another colleague i.e 2 people out of 17 employees.
They pick me to interview because I extended my Tier 2 visa with the same employer in April 2016 with £36000 salary and that was increased to £40000 in April 2017 which is a year later.

They asked my employer couple of question regarding this
Reason for increasing the salary to £40000?
why this particular employee has only the salary increment while the other few employees with the same job title and SOC code has salaries around £36K?

And my employer answered like, we received a good feedback to this guy from the client and he is always a hard worker.

Do you see any issues here?

kk1612
Newly Registered

Post by kk1612 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:21 am

Hi Can anyone please suggest, am I good to go with new sponsor while I am eligible for ILR in a couple of months and HO is verifying my current sponsor company?

Thanks