ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

wrong sub category- tier 2 visa rejected

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ssunny
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

wrong sub category- tier 2 visa rejected

Post by ssunny » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:12 am

Hi All,

My wife is currently a tier 2 ICT dependant. Her employer had got her a tier 2 General COS and she applied with the COS number from India.

The visa got rejected as the employer had chosen sub category 'Tier 4 dependant switching to Tier 2' instead of 'new hire'. It was the first application her company was making and to them she was a dependant and not a new hire literally.

This was completely unaware to my wife as she made the visa application only using the COS number and she had gone back to the home country and applied as a 'new hire' is supposed to do.

Could you guys please suggest if there is a scope of challenging this decision, given that there is no separate quota for 'tier 4 dependant switching to tier 2' and she had applied from the home country.

Thanks.

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Re: wrong sub category- tier 2 visa rejected

Post by sptula » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:18 am

maybe she could reapply for visa with correct category again

ssunny
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ssunny » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:33 am

yes...getting a new COS is the way out...but with december being over oversubscribed the chance of getting one till april is quite gloomy. That's why was wondering if challenging would work.

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Post by sptula » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:39 am

ssunny wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:33 am
yes...getting a new COS is the way out...but with december being over oversubscribed the chance of getting one till april is quite gloomy. That's why was wondering if challenging would work.
can you not use the same CoS, i think it wont get expired

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:44 am

sptula wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:39 am
can you not use the same CoS, i think it wont get expired
A CoS cannot be 're-used'. Once CoS is applied for an application, it is 'used' and cannot be used again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ssunny
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ssunny » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:52 am

exactly...COS is used and it is clearly mentioned in the rejection letter. What do you think about trying to review the decision given the situation?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:07 am

ssunny wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:52 am
exactly...COS is used and it is clearly mentioned in the rejection letter. What do you think about trying to review the decision given the situation?
AR is applicable if HO made a mistake, which based on what you have posted they have not as the information in the CoS was wrong.

Tier 4 to Tier 2 has slightly different rules, i.e. no RLMT required. This would not be the case for your spouse.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ssunny
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ssunny » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:16 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:07 am
ssunny wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:52 am
AR is applicable if HO made a mistake, which based on what you have posted they have not as the information in the CoS was wrong.

Tier 4 to Tier 2 has slightly different rules, i.e. no RLMT required. This would not be the case for your spouse.
Thanks CR001. Just to remind, it is 'tier 4 dependant to tier 2'. only difference for this sub category as far as I know is that they can apply from UK. We haven't chosen this option and gone back to home country and applied.

What amazes me is how can the applicant be ripped of the visa fees when he/she applies only with the COS number with no visibility into the details. Otherwise they should have made COS copy a mandatory document while applying.

Thanks for the replies again.