ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Multiple marriage in 2012 - Polish national and Pakistani national

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

haqiqi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Multiple marriage in 2012 - Polish national and Pakistani national

Post by haqiqi » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:29 pm

i am struck in a kind of a situation as i am a pakistani national and married in 2011 septmeber with polish citizen got eea 5 years visa in january 2012
then married in pakistan as well in august 2012 and i have rigistered my pakistani marrige with NADRA pakistan government and changed her name on her ID card with husband name

i got PR last year and now i am due to apply naturalisation in next month

my question is that i am divorced in uk yet but we dont live togather no kids from any wife
can i apply spouse visa from pakistan for my wife
will i get refused if i done pologmy or will they cancell my british passport in future as well ?
and one more question that if i got any kids from a pakistani wife in future when i will have british passport will kids autmatically qualify for the british citzenship or will they suffer as well ?
thannks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Multiple marriage in 2012 - Polish national and Pakistani national

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:45 pm

my question is that i am divorced in uk yet but we dont live togather no kids from any wife
can i apply spouse visa from pakistan for my wife
Assuming you mean 'NOT' divorced, then no, you cannot apply for your wife in Pakistan as that marriage will not be recognised by HO as you were already married at the time you married her.

It will also bring into question your marriage to a Polish citizen, which presumably was to gain residence in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

haqiqi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by haqiqi » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:48 am

Thanks for the reply
I married few months later in pakistan then marrying in uk with polish spouse

for example becasuse here i married in 2011 and other marrige in pakistan was happened in 2012 so if i get absulte degree from here can i apply for her spouse visa from pakistan with same marrige certificate which was issued by gov of pakistan 2012?
will that not conflict my case ?
will HO not think that my marrige in here was just to acuire status?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:57 am

haqiqi wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:48 am
for example becasuse here i married in 2011 and other marrige in pakistan was happened in 2012 so if i get absulte degree from here can i apply for her spouse visa from pakistan with same marrige certificate which was issued by gov of pakistan 2012? No because they have a record that you were already married and the divorce papers you have are substantially after 2012.

will that not conflict my case ? The marriage won't be recognised by the UK.

will HO not think that my marrige in here was just to acuire status? Probably yes, which will bring into question your whole residency and whether it was a 'marriage of convenience' purely to obtain status in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

haqiqi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by haqiqi » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:14 pm

Thanks a lot
One more Question Please
when i will have kids from my 2nd wife who is in pakistan will they qualify automatically British passport or because my 2nd marriage is not recognised in uk then they will never have father status ?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:42 pm

Acquisition of citizenship by descent does not require legitimacy.

Therefore your children born anywhere in the world on or after the date of your citizenship ceremony will acquire British citizenship by descent.

Your children born outside the UK (such as in Pakistan) will not be able to pass on their British citizenship to their own children (your grandchildren) automatically if they (your grandchildren) are born outside the UK as well.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.