ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa for unmarried partner from the USA (Priority application)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Binlondon3
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Settlement visa for unmarried partner from the USA (Priority application)

Post by Binlondon3 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:13 pm

Dear All,

My brother is a British citizen and looking to sponsor his partner from the USA. He is currently in the process of applying for unmarried partner visa as they have been together for many years. Wondering if somebody can share their experience from the USA or Canada.

If he choose to go for Priority application, does the supporting documents get submitted at the same time in Texas, Houston on the appointment day by his wife or he has to send it separately at Sheffield.

Look forward to hearing.

Many thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Settlement visa for unmarried partner from the USA (Priority application)

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:17 pm

He is currently in the process of applying for unmarried partner visa as they have been together for many years.
When you say 'been together', what exactly do you mean? Have they lived together for at least 24 months and have evidence to prove this??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Binlondon3
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Binlondon3 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:33 pm

Yes,

They have lived together for more than 4 years. They can confirm by showing the evidence of joint commitments.

They are applying from the USA priority application. They are not sure if documents are sent seperately or she must take along at the appointment.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:35 pm

They need to provide substantial, rock solid evidence of 'relationship akin to marriage' in addition to evidence of meeting the financial requirement of £18,600pa.

The online application process, including Immigration Health Surcharge, will state the process and what needs to be done.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.