ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How can I get Santander to confirm bank statements are genuine?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JohnOhn

"Evidence of finances" from foreign bank okay?

Post by JohnOhn » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:36 am

For the SET(O) application we need to submit "evidence of finances" that prove we can support ourselves. I know this is different than maintenance funds, which aren't required. My question is, for "evidence of finances" is it OK to submit original bank statements from foreign banks (for example, from our current account with a major Canadian bank)?

I'm referencing from the SET(O) application form itself, on page 74 "Section 12 - Documents" then subsection "12A All applicants", then on page 75 "Your Finances" the following paragraphs:
For all applicants except those applying in the bereaved partner category.
Evidence of your finances. If you have to complete section 5, bank statements, building society savings book(s), pay slips or other formal documents as evidence of your ability to maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependants without recourse to public funds. (See Note 4).

Note 4: We do not accept cashpoint statements as evidence of finances. Online statements can be accepted if accompanied by a supporting letter from the bank or building society, on company headed paper, confirming the statement provided is authentic or if they bear the official stamp of the bank or building society on every page. If you claim that a relative or friend is providing you with financial support (see question 5.4), in addition to evidence of your own finances, you must provide bank statements or other documents of the kind described above as evidence of their financial resources. The documents showing the finances available to you and to any person supporting you should cover at least the last three months.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: "Evidence of finances" from foreign bank okay?

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:00 pm

HO want to see your payslips and UK bank statement where your salary is paid into.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JohnOhn

Post by JohnOhn » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:02 pm

I should mention that I am applying under the 5-year T1E route. I don't take a salary from my company at the moment, so have no payslips.

JohnOhn

Post by JohnOhn » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:09 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:00 pm
HO want to see your payslips and UK bank statement where your salary is paid into.
Just saw your reply as I finished posting mine.

I'm on a T1E visa and don't draw a salary from the company I own right now. I'm self-sufficient. Would foreign original bank statements showing my savings be OK?

JohnOhn

How can I get Santander to confirm bank statements are genuine?

Post by JohnOhn » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:24 pm

I get my Santander personal current account statements delivered online. The problem is I am applying for ILR soon and need to provide original statements confirming I can financially support myself (I'm T1E to ILR). The Home Office knows many people nowadays get digital-only statements, so they say they will accept printed online statements if a bank branch stamps them or writes a letter confirming they are genuine.

My Santander branch said it's "not bank policy" to stamp online documents and won't do it. They also said they cannot write a letter confirming the authenticity of bank statements–even if they print out the statements in the branch themselves.

Without these stamps and/or letter my ILR will likely be rejected. Any idea how to get Santander to do what the Home Office requires?

I'm very scared because Santander seemed firm in this. I've been with the bank for four years now.

Thanks for any advice. :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How can I get Santander to confirm bank statements are genuine?

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:28 pm

Ask them to print statements in the branch for you :?: :idea:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: How can I get Santander to confirm bank statements are genuine?

Post by CMOSUK » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:38 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:28 pm
Ask them to print statements in the branch for you :?: :idea:
The OP may also have them ordered to their home/registered address, there may be a fee, but it will be genuine at least.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.