ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension 200k (Withdrawal/Return of docs Request)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Usmana5
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Tier 1 Extension 200k (Withdrawal/Return of docs Request)

Post by Usmana5 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:14 pm

I applied for Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension (200k) on 25th Oct 2017. Bio-Metric letter issued on 1st Nov 2017 and submitted on 6th Nov. After that no news! it is weird that all of the applicants here have received a letter/decision within 8 weeks e.g.( complex, interview etc.) or else goes take 6-10 months on average. As mentioned on the acknowledgement letter that they are to notify me by letter if they aren't able to make a decision and need more time. I

I have contacted the Home office twice but as usual they have sent me a generic email stating "Our records show your application has not yet been completed.
We are unable to advise when a decision will be made but you will be notified in writing once made. Until such time, we are unable to assist further. Should the caseworker require further information and/or documents they will contact you." on 28th Dec 17 & 15th Jan 18.

Have also contact the MP on 10th Jan 2018 but no response from Home office yet.
I am afraid that I have to travel urgent by end on of this month due to business/personal reasons. now I will be giving one more week and then requesting of withdrawal of my application. I know I'm being impatient as applicants here have waited for more than a year but with a letter being recieved (8 weeks)

I will be going back home and applying form outside the country? if this is possible I want to know how will this effect my application? also will I need to add updated docs and reason for withdrawal? Also is this normal not to receive any letter within 8 weeks? been 12 weeks now.

Need for urgent help/advice. Thank you!

teddybear79

Re: Tier 1 Extension 200k (Withdrawal/Return of docs Request)

Post by teddybear79 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:23 pm

as far as I know that rules you cannot apply extension from outside, if if you can once you withdraw the application you will be an Over Stayer, I would recommend not to withdraw as you will loose you fee and cannot apply again.

I will leave it to senior members

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:47 pm

You can apply for an extension from outside.
You current leave ends once you withdraw the application, so you need to make the new application within 14 days of the withdrawal. You will need to provide updated documents where there are time limits - maintenance funds, CAR, etc.
You will be applying as an overstayer. If you make some errors that leads to a refusal, you will not have an opportunity to submit a fresh application since this application is already an out-of-time application.
You have no idea how long the new application will take and you cannot travel to UK until it is decided. You need to consider the impact on your business of that.
In general, not a good idea to withdraw.
Write in once more together with any documentary evidence of your urgent matter and see if that helps.

There are no criteria about receiving a letter, so nothing to read from the fact that you have not got a letter. I consider it positive you have not received a complex letter.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

teddybear79

Post by teddybear79 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:10 pm

thanks for correcting me

Malikwaheed

Post by Malikwaheed » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:34 pm

I think u don’t need to withdraw application because am waiting since 14 month and I received letter last week from Home office they offer me if I have any family issue we can allow you to go back and see them.
Today I received £200 refund in my account God knows what will be decion.

teddybear79

Post by teddybear79 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:12 pm

i want to see my mom , waiting for over a year how did you got the letter

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:16 pm

Malikwaheed wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:34 pm
I think u don’t need to withdraw application because am waiting since 14 month and I received letter last week from Home office they offer me if I have any family issue we can allow you to go back and see them.
That is an interesting letter - can you please provide the exact text.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Post by nasiaziz » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:45 pm

Malikwaheed wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:34 pm
Hi
I am waiting for 15 months did you tell them to let you go or they sent you the letter on their own?
can you please explain in detail thanks

Malikwaheed

Post by Malikwaheed » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:40 pm

I did not request any documents back my Mp wrote them letter for why they are taking this much long time to decide my case my Mp told them you should not treat investors case same as asylum seeker.

Malikwaheed

Post by Malikwaheed » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:51 pm

Am sharing 1 part of letter here might it will help some one who have genuine family prob

Whilst I am unable to provide you with a timescale at present, please assure Mr Xxxx that we will notify him as soon as a decision has been made on his case.

Please be aware, while it is possible to expedite applications, we would respectfully ask that requests to expedite are limited to cases where there is a genuinely compelling or compassionate need to travel. For example, to allow the applicant to visit a critically ill relative.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:07 pm

marcnath wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:47 pm
You can apply for an extension from outside.
You current leave ends once you withdraw the application, so you need to make the new application within 14 days of the withdrawal. You will need to provide updated documents where there are time limits - maintenance funds, CAR, etc.
You will be applying as an overstayer. If you make some errors that leads to a refusal, you will not have an opportunity to submit a fresh application since this application is already an out-of-time application.
You have no idea how long the new application will take and you cannot travel to UK until it is decided. You need to consider the impact on your business of that.
In general, not a good idea to withdraw.
Write in once more together with any documentary evidence of your urgent matter and see if that helps.

There are no criteria about receiving a letter, so nothing to read from the fact that you have not got a letter. I consider it positive you have not received a complex letter.
I sense here you wanted to say 'a new Tier 1E entry clearance' but I want to emphasis that you CANNOT apply for extension from outside the UK. Extension MUST be applied in the UK :!: :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:09 am

zimba88 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:07 pm

I sense here you wanted to say 'a new Tier 1E entry clearance' but I want to emphasis that you CANNOT apply for extension from outside the UK. Extension MUST be applied in the UK :!: :!:
Actually not. It was my initial impression too that extension can only be applied in country.
However, https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/extend-your-visa has this:
How to extend your visa if you’re outside the UK
Apply for a new a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa online to extend your visa from outside the UK.

That implies that you can extend your Visa from outside the UK but the process to be used is the same as new application for T1E.

The immigration rules then applies the extension attributes for any application from a person who had last leave as a T1E visa holder. Which implies that such an application will be treated as a normal extension.

I have not been able to find anything else that specifically implies that extension cannot be made out of UK.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:14 am

Malikwaheed wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:51 pm
Am sharing 1 part of letter here might it will help some one who have genuine family prob

Whilst I am unable to provide you with a timescale at present, please assure Mr Xxxx that we will notify him as soon as a decision has been made on his case.

Please be aware, while it is possible to expedite applications, we would respectfully ask that requests to expedite are limited to cases where there is a genuinely compelling or compassionate need to travel. For example, to allow the applicant to visit a critically ill relative.
Thanks, that is as I thought. They would consider expediting cases.
Make sure you send in documentation to support such requests.

sunnyhameed
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by sunnyhameed » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:59 pm

marcnath wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:09 am
zimba88 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:07 pm

Actually not. It was my initial impression too that extension can only be applied in country.
However, https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/extend-your-visa has this:
How to extend your visa if you’re outside the UK
Apply for a new a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa online to extend your visa from outside the UK.

That implies that you can extend your Visa from outside the UK but the process to be used is the same as new application for T1E.

The immigration rules then applies the extension attributes for any application from a person who had last leave as a T1E visa holder. Which implies that such an application will be treated as a normal extension.

I have not been able to find anything else that specifically implies that extension cannot be made out of UK.
Hi Marcnath,
i am a hong kong citizen, uk consulate is actually v quick here , if i apply for my extension from outside uk, do u think it will be quicker ? and also will they decide locally or send my application back to uk?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:32 pm

sunnyhameed wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:59 pm

Hi Marcnath,
i am a hong kong citizen, uk consulate is actually v quick here , if i apply for my extension from outside uk, do u think it will be quicker ? and also will they decide locally or send my application back to uk?
I can't say. But if I were to guess, it would be sent back. T1E applications are complex and I doubt if local embassies/consulates are equipped to evaluate those. So I suspect it will take longer rather than shorter.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:32 am

This topic will now be locked as it seems to have been hijacked by other members posting non topic relevant posts and the OP has not returned.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.