ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zimbabwean to tring to flee country!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hassibabe
Newly Registered

Zimbabwean to tring to flee country!!

Post by hassibabe » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:02 am

Hey,

ok i couldn't find any other section to put this so i just put it here. If it wrong then please accept my apologies!

Ok i need some help/advice on behalf of my cousin stuck in zimbabwe. No doubt you're all well aware of the situation there at the moment. Ok so his situation is this, his family specifically his father has been a massive supporter of MDC since its inception. By the way before i forget to mention this family is INDIAN! Ok so his father is a very prominant business man in Gweru (a small town where everyone knows everyone and EVERYONE knows this family as they own half the town and operate a huge bus business as well as commercial trucking and mining!)

So his father has been supporting the MDC with donations and providing transport, logistics, tents etc over the years. Obviously this had caught the attention of CIO and other state security members and since 2000 there has been non stop problems for the family. His father has been arrested countless times, smashed to a pulp several times, had buses burnt out but still he has stood firmly claiming that he was born there and will die there! Ok so in 2000 his son,my cousin, was also providing logistics and transport for the MDC and he was soon picked up by the CIO and given a beating that i wouldn't even wish upon my worst enemy!! Soon after this his father forced him to come to the UK for a break. While here on a holiday visa he deccided to complete his computer course in the UK and then head back to Zimbabwe. He applied for his student visa in the uk and this was granted. He completed his course and left in 2001. BUT before he left he lost his passport when his car was broken into (UK Police record of break in) so he applied for an ETD from the Zimbabwe embassy and this granted. When he left he says not 1 person was interested at all to take note he left the country as he wasn't asked to show his ETD to no one except the flight check in and even they just looked at and just gave it back. So as far as that stands no one is sure if anyone knows he even left the UK!!!

Ok present day situation is that there has been a tipoff by a junior official that the CIO are now going to be after the entire family!! Already the whole family has gone into hiding and the family are concerned that other inocent people may get caught up in this issue. Already the search has begun when on thursday the family home was raided and then the offices and stores. Managers already have been beaten up to talk but how can they talk when they know nothing! An innocent family friend was beaten on saturday trying to get info. Sooner or later someone is going to get hurt real bad!

Plans are now being made for my cousin to escape the country via a private jet and come to the uk as this is where majority of the family relatives live. His mother and father refuse to leave zimbabwe as they adamant that they are citizens of that country and as such will stand with all other zimbabweans to fight for their country!! Unfortunately my cousin doesn't think zimbabwe is worth dying for!!

Ok now to help my cousin have a concrete case for an asylum application i think it may be essential to have some form of evidence to support his claim. I alreday know he has copies of his arrest warrant issued in 2000, his hospital assesment from 2000, his MDC card from 2000. He has mentioned that he doesn't want to claim POLITICAL ASYLUM as he himself is NO LONGER directly involved in politics and this would be lying if he said he was. Instead he says he just wants to ask for protection as he fears for his life! Dunno if you can make such a claim! What other evidence should he try to get hold of to support this?

Also forgot to mention that his and the familys passports were conviscated in 2005 and so will be entering the UK with no passport. How he enters the UK will be via private jet on a private airstrip but i can not give any details on that. Also he wants no form of help in terms of handouts from the government as he is well off enough to look after himself.

Ok i hope that some people here may be able to help and if not could you point us to a solicitor that actaully has a proven track record of doing something OTHER than just taking consultation fees!

Any help will be well appreciated.

Thanks

TORRES
Newly Registered

Re: Zimbabwean to tring to flee country!!

Post by TORRES » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:21 am

hassibabe wrote:Hey,

ok i couldn't find any other section to put this so i just put it here. If it wrong then please accept my apologies!

Ok i need some help/advice on behalf of my cousin stuck in zimbabwe. No doubt you're all well aware of the situation there at the moment. Ok so his situation is this, his family specifically his father has been a massive supporter of MDC since its inception. By the way before i forget to mention this family is INDIAN! Ok so his father is a very prominant business man in Gweru (a small town where everyone knows everyone and EVERYONE knows this family as they own half the town and operate a huge bus business as well as commercial trucking and mining!)

So his father has been supporting the MDC with donations and providing transport, logistics, tents etc over the years. Obviously this had caught the attention of CIO and other state security members and since 2000 there has been non stop problems for the family. His father has been arrested countless times, smashed to a pulp several times, had buses burnt out but still he has stood firmly claiming that he was born there and will die there! Ok so in 2000 his son,my cousin, was also providing logistics and transport for the MDC and he was soon picked up by the CIO and given a beating that i wouldn't even wish upon my worst enemy!! Soon after this his father forced him to come to the UK for a break. While here on a holiday visa he deccided to complete his computer course in the UK and then head back to Zimbabwe. He applied for his student visa in the uk and this was granted. He completed his course and left in 2001. BUT before he left he lost his passport when his car was broken into (UK Police record of break in) so he applied for an ETD from the Zimbabwe embassy and this granted. When he left he says not 1 person was interested at all to take note he left the country as he wasn't asked to show his ETD to no one except the flight check in and even they just looked at and just gave it back. So as far as that stands no one is sure if anyone knows he even left the UK!!!

Ok present day situation is that there has been a tipoff by a junior official that the CIO are now going to be after the entire family!! Already the whole family has gone into hiding and the family are concerned that other inocent people may get caught up in this issue. Already the search has begun when on thursday the family home was raided and then the offices and stores. Managers already have been beaten up to talk but how can they talk when they know nothing! An innocent family friend was beaten on saturday trying to get info. Sooner or later someone is going to get hurt real bad!

Plans are now being made for my cousin to escape the country via a private jet and come to the uk as this is where majority of the family relatives live. His mother and father refuse to leave zimbabwe as they adamant that they are citizens of that country and as such will stand with all other zimbabweans to fight for their country!! Unfortunately my cousin doesn't think zimbabwe is worth dying for!!

Ok now to help my cousin have a concrete case for an asylum application i think it may be essential to have some form of evidence to support his claim. I alreday know he has copies of his arrest warrant issued in 2000, his hospital assesment from 2000, his MDC card from 2000. He has mentioned that he doesn't want to claim POLITICAL ASYLUM as he himself is NO LONGER directly involved in politics and this would be lying if he said he was. Instead he says he just wants to ask for protection as he fears for his life! Dunno if you can make such a claim! What other evidence should he try to get hold of to support this?

Also forgot to mention that his and the familys passports were conviscated in 2005 and so will be entering the UK with no passport. How he enters the UK will be via private jet on a private airstrip but i can not give any details on that. Also he wants no form of help in terms of handouts from the government as he is well off enough to look after himself.

Ok i hope that some people here may be able to help and if not could you point us to a solicitor that actaully has a proven track record of doing something OTHER than just taking consultation fees!

Thanks
I was just wondering how he managed to get the Emergency Travelling Document(ETD) from the Zim Embassy if he had such strong ties with the MDC?. By the way I am from Zimbabwe too and from my experience, the Central Intelligence Organisation (CIO) would have been waiting for him at Harare Airport as they would have been tipped off by the Embassy people in London.

adindas

Re: Zimbabwean to tring to flee country!!

Post by adindas » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:33 pm

Do you have any evidence to support your story (original document, not copy) ?
FYI there are a lot of people have been caught while make up the story ?

There are quite reasonable number of genuine applicants but this have been overshadowed by the people who made up the story..

hassibabe wrote:Hey,

Thanks

hassibabe
Newly Registered

Post by hassibabe » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:13 pm

Concerning the ETD and CIO yes he was picked up at the airport and held for 3 days! During which time he only describes this as being a taste of what hell on earth would be like!

Concerning documents i THINK he might be able to get hold of some originals but from what he tells me it may be difficult because he doesn't know if the house/office is being watched by CIO.

However not much has been said as to what KIND of evidence he should try and gather. If you could suggest what kind of evidence he should gather i can tell him what he needs to get.

adindas

Post by adindas » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:58 pm

Your friend stand a good chance if he could prove that he has been tortured. Their family have been killed/tortured in Zimbabwe.

Evidence you need such as news in the press (press cut) that your friend him selves (not his party) has fled from tortured, from attempted murdered, etc. Not just that he afraid of being tortured without any evidence that he has been tortured. They have heard and have found quite reasonable number that people who just make up the story. The chance will be good if he could differentiate his case with these people.

A piece of papers, testimony, etc might be worthy but keep in mind that in some countries including the country like Zimbabwe, these kind of papers is very easy to falsify/get.

Have a talk with your friend solicitor, Citizen Advice Bureau (CAB) and see their opinion.

hassibabe wrote:Concerning the ETD and CIO yes he was picked up at the airport and held for 3 days! During which time he only describes this as being a taste of what hell on earth would be like!

Concerning documents i THINK he might be able to get hold of some originals but from what he tells me it may be difficult because he doesn't know if the house/office is being watched by CIO.

However not much has been said as to what KIND of evidence he should try and gather. If you could suggest what kind of evidence he should gather i can tell him what he needs to get.