ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT ADVICE NEEDED.. PLEASE

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Malachik112
Newly Registered
Jamaica

URGENT ADVICE NEEDED.. PLEASE

Post by Malachik112 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:11 am

I applied for Ilr on the 22 Oct. 2017 after completing 2x 3 yrs Dlr . Visa has now expired. I received an email from HO adout a month ago saying my application is under consideration. Nothing since. Ok problem on the set o form I said I dont receive any benefits and in my supporting letter I said I have never claimed benefits as i thought I didn't. Any it turns out I have been receiving working tax credit since 2015. My Dlr is on the old rule I can get public funds. I have never claimed benefits since I have been here I have always worked its my partner who claimed and it stopped when she started working as a nurse but I spoke to someone from the working tax credit department and say said the system shows that i have been getting working tax credit for the 15 Nov 2015 to present. He also said HO has a direct access to there system and if they check they will see the same info he sees. So because of this mistake would that be classed as deception? And would my application be refused... What should i do write a letter to HO and also send them an email?

krisbol17
Wales

Re: URGENT ADVICE NEEDED.. PLEASE

Post by krisbol17 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:53 am

If it was me, I'd forward this info in a letter to UKVI as soon as possible and explain like you have explained to us in a professional way. I wouldn't want them to come back to me asking questions. Just make sure when you send a letter, you include all the references such as HO Ref, Case ID, Case Ref etc...hopefully they won't see it as deception as you didn't know. If you have access to their email, that would be quicker.

Which email address did they acknowledge your application?

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:57 am

Malachik112 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:11 am
I applied for Ilr on the 22 Oct. 2017 after completing 2x 3 yrs Dlr . Visa has now expired. I received an email from HO adout a month ago saying my application is under consideration. Nothing since. Ok problem on the set o form I said I dont receive any benefits and in my supporting letter I said I have never claimed benefits as i thought I didn't. Any it turns out I have been receiving working tax credit since 2015. My Dlr is on the old rule I can get public funds. I have never claimed benefits since I have been here I have always worked its my partner who claimed and it stopped when she started working as a nurse but I spoke to someone from the working tax credit department and say said the system shows that i have been getting working tax credit for the 15 Nov 2015 to present. He also said HO has a direct access to there system and if they check they will see the same info he sees. So because of this mistake would that be classed as deception? And would my application be refused... What should i do write a letter to HO and also send them an email?
By all means do send them a covering letter to explain you are still in receipt, but as you do come under the old DLR for those granted before the 9 July 2012 immigration rule changes and granted you do not have the '' no recourse to public funds'' endorsement, you are allowed to claim public funds from my understanding.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

Malachik112
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Post by Malachik112 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:47 pm

Hi thanks guys its an automated email that does not receive emails. The thing is we were not receiving any working tax credit I even half to pay for my own dental care and prescriptions. She only just started to getting it due to her looking after her nephew fulltime thats after I sent my application. Gonna give working tax credit a ring again because there system is not correct. What email can i use contact HO?