ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent! PBS Dependant in UK Late Application Mistake

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

talhachohan
Newly Registered

Urgent! PBS Dependant in UK Late Application Mistake

Post by talhachohan » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:46 pm

Hi All,

My wife's current leave expired on 7/01/2018.

I submitted a visa application for my wife for extending her Tier 2 Dependant visa on 27/12/2017 and submitted her biometrics on 28/12/2017. All of the supporting documentation was sent via 1st Class Tracked mail on 5/01/2018 and I have a receipt for postage as evidence.

She now has received an email from UKVI to log back into the application and when she logs in it ask's:

Is there a genuine reason to apply after the expiry of your current leave? Click yes or no, if you click yes you may have to provide the evidence to support the genuine reason.

According to guidance notes suggest

"For applications made in the United Kingdom:
• where the application form is sent by post, the date of posting; or
• where the application form is sent by courier, the date on which it is delivered to the Home
Office;
• where the application form is submitted online, the date when you submit your application
form and pay your application fee online."

I believe this is sent in error by the caseworker as the application form is submitted online on 27/12/2017.

Also please advise how to respond to this and where and who can I contact to get this corrected.

talhachohan
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent! PBS Dependant in UK Late Application Mistake

Post by talhachohan » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:37 pm

Requesting CR001, vinny or geriatrix to kindly advise as I am stressing out now. I have also contacted UKVI on 03001232241 however they were unable to give any information other than writing a letter to

Tier 2 & 5 Standard
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

I shall write to them regarding my situation however it will be great if someone can advise that I am correct to assume that the date of application is the date the application is submitted online and visa fee paid online? Or is it the date I posted all the documents? OR is it the date they received the application?

The policy guidance on https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _final.pdf

says the date of application is
"Date of application
42. The date of your application will be taken to be the following:
For applications made in the United Kingdom:
• where the application form is sent by post, the date of posting; or
• where the application form is sent by courier, the date on which it is delivered to the Home
Office;
• where the application form is submitted online, the date when you submit your application
form and pay your application fee online."

talhachohan
Newly Registered

Post by talhachohan » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:41 pm

Update for people who may experience something similar:

Called at 0300 123 2241 to get help and they asked me to write to them, so I've sent them a letter on

Tier 2 & 5 Standard PO Box 3468 Sheffield
S3 8WA

highlighting date of the online submission of application with fee and IHS paid on the Document checklist and receipt of posting, both of which were before the expiry of current leave.

I haven't selected anything online so hope I've done the right thing :? :| ... No way to find out ... so only stressing out.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:50 pm

34G defines the date of the application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.