ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 SOC code choice and RLMT evidence

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Evehan821
Newly Registered
China

Tier 2 SOC code choice and RLMT evidence

Post by Evehan821 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:31 pm

Hi

My sponsor has just finished the Labour Market Test and trying to apply Restricted CoS in Feb, but got stuck in two questions:

1. The job posted fulfil two SOC codes at the same time based on the Job Description posted online as it is a relevant small company and the role need to do both perspective. One of the code is on PHD level 2150- as to manage R&D activities, and the other one is normal level 6 2462.
As PHD level will give a higher score, can they apply the sponsorship under code 2150 if the role fulfil both categories?

2. Do they need to record interview evidence to indicate I am the right person for the role? will HO ask for those evidence when checking the Sponsorship application?

If anyone can help to advise that would be really great!! Thank you

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 2 SOC code choice and RLMT evidence

Post by Sv2018 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:42 pm

I have similar query, but I believe SOC is determined by the sponsor, HO cannot advice on that.
Not sure about the evidence, but HO may ask why the migrant is chosen over other settled worker.

Evehan821
Newly Registered
China

Re: Tier 2 SOC code choice and RLMT evidence

Post by Evehan821 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:52 am

Sv2018 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:42 pm
I have similar query, but I believe SOC is determined by the sponsor, HO cannot advice on that.
Not sure about the evidence, but HO may ask why the migrant is chosen over other settled worker.
Thank you!
As HO guideline indicated I can only do work within the ROC code applied for the sponsor or other employer after I got the Tier 2 visa.. But if the role advertised include 2 ROC codes and can only apply under one ROC code for RCOS, can I still continue to do the work for the same employer covering both ROC code as specified by the advert.. Big confusion..