ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC from New Zealand

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kaff
Member of Standing

EC from New Zealand

Post by Kaff » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:13 pm

Hi guys,

Any one applied from New Zealand for EC?
I have few questions regarding documentation. I read on this forum and found out there are different requirement for different countries.
Please reply if some one has successfully got EC from New Zealand or some body planning to apply soon.

Like for HSMP Dependant web site say, present passport, picture, fee and hsmp letter.
But for their dependent
All above + letter of accommodation + marriage certificates etc....

I just want to make sure that i am on right track.

Many thanks
Kaff

Constant

Re: EC from New Zealand

Post by Constant » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:28 pm

I bet EC from NZ would be similar to EC from the USA (old commonwealth). Try to draw parallels from here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=16292
"And even a college degree cannot be used to prove that he can read and write" President Lyndon Baines Johnson - 1965 We Shall Overcome speech.

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:34 am

Thanks man, today I read this thread by gordon and he provided all information which I was looking for.

Still one thing I am not sure about EC funds.

I am applying for EC with my wife and kid (6 month old), so I have to submitted all three application along with differant documentation to support all three application.

Now about funds I have only 4k+ GB in my saving account.
Rest I invested in my house renovation, which I already put it in market for sale. (House is on Mortgage)

Not sure would I be able to show my house investments along with Savings as enough EC funds?

Say..
Banks statements of 4K + GPB
Mortage papers
House renovation investments
Current evaluation of house
Also my wife sisiter providing us accomodation in London city (she Owns house there)

Will that be enough or do I wait to wait for house sale?

Many Thanks
Kaff

Kiwi Pro

Post by Kiwi Pro » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:10 pm

Got EC from BHC wellington.

Declared around 7000 GBP. Even 4K GBP may be fine.

No asset declaration required. Include a copy of CV & job prospects in UK.

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:56 am

Thanks mate. I will planning through BHC Wellington.
But Do I need accomodation letter from Uk? or Booking? As this is required for my wife and kid?
Also I can apply for my wife and kid along with my EC application isn't?
Kaff

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:30 pm

Sorry was away for a while.
Got EC yesterday for two years post dated along with my family in 5 days.
Very few documents were required for HSMP holder and family members.

Thanks all for help.
Kaff

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:56 am

Hi guys,

Im another NZer who will be seeking HSMP and EC next year. Is there a benchmark for how much money ($NZ or GBP) I should have in my bank account to get EC if I am travelling alone?

I think I read somewhere on the forum that 3000GBP was recommended. That is approximately NZ$9000, which seems like an awful lot. I have also spoken with friends who are already in London who tell me that 3000 GBP could last me four or five months easily enough!

Do you have any advice on how much money I should have in my account before applying?

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:01 pm

The new regs are very clear on how much you need, and it is about £2800

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:34 pm

hi, there was no fixed limit but as far as I know it was around 4000GBP for a single, eventhoug I enquired from BHC Wilgtn to tell me specifically about this, but they replied that evaluation will be based on your savings fixed asset, house and your accomodation letter in UK (if any).

But if you are planning to apply next year, then see Victoria comments (I am sure this specification are in new rules)

Let me know if there is anything I could help.
Cheers
Kaff

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:07 pm

Thanks Victoria, I wasnt aware of the new regs. Much obliged.

chandu2004

EC

Post by chandu2004 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:29 pm

Hi Guys,

It took exactly 3 weeks for me to get my EC along with my wife and kid in Welllington NZ.

Any queries please let me know

Regards

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:34 am

Congrats, Ive begun gathering documents for my HSMP and EC applications now.

hsmpkiwi2
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpkiwi2 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:31 am

:shock: I didn't know the requirement was for 1000's of pounds - I was hoping it was mroe like 800 as for the tier 1 EC.

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:51 am

Well Done Chandu.
I am here in London and got job very first week..and now working full time. House prices are very high even rental is very high as well.. 2 bed flat 900 PCM....crazy.

When you are coming to Uk?

Hsmp Kiwi2... Not sure about what are the new rules, but I am sure it won't be that less or will it? You need to ask from the forum a seperate question... Good luck..
Kaff

nznewbie
Newly Registered

Post by nznewbie » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:42 am

Hi hsmpkiwi2

Under the new rules, the maintenance requirements are $2,800 GBP for those applying outside the UK and you need to maintain this amount for at least 3 months before applying for the EC. But i think in NZ, we are still considered under the old EC rules until June08 where the new rules will affect us......Thats how i understand it but double check....

Hi niw2

I've applied for HSMP visa on 27th Feb 08 and still waiting for the outcome. Can you please tell me the documents required for EC from NZ?? As the application is an online one, i can't fill it our yet and they don't really say what info. you need in the online application until the very end.

If you could please help, it would be much appreciated.

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:33 am

Hi there,

I cant say what documents youll need for sure -- I havent applied yet and will probably just wait for the Tier 1 system to come into force so I can have the whole thing dealt with in NZ (rather than sending HSMP documents off to the UK). In particular, youll need your HSMP acceptance letter, and youll need to show that you have the qualifications/experience you claim you have, the money you claim to have, and the job opportunities you claim you have. For the latter, I am told that job advertisements from the web can be helpful. The guidance notes for entry clearance will provide you with a lot more assistance than I can.

See:

http://www.britishhighcommission.gov.uk ... 4276098420

Youll want "Employment form guidance notes.pdf".

What makes you say that the Tier 1 scheme will come into force in NZ in June 2008? Everywhere I have seen just says it will come into force during the UK summer.

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:17 am

nznewbie wrote:Hi hsmpkiwi2

Under the new rules, the maintenance requirements are $2,800 GBP for those applying outside the UK and you need to maintain this amount for at least 3 months before applying for the EC. But i think in NZ, we are still considered under the old EC rules until June08 where the new rules will affect us......Thats how i understand it but double check....

Hi niw2

I've applied for HSMP visa on 27th Feb 08 and still waiting for the outcome. Can you please tell me the documents required for EC from NZ?? As the application is an online one, i can't fill it our yet and they don't really say what info. you need in the online application until the very end.

If you could please help, it would be much appreciated.
this might be helpfull.
http://www.britishhighcommission.gov.uk ... 7554498054

No need for old documents.
Just your HSMP letter, bank statements and Letter of accom, and other form formalities.
Pay fee through online and get the form printout and send it along with other documents (very small file as compared to HSMP)

Hope this helps.
Kaff

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:51 am

Despite the above, the EC guidance notes do state that HSMP recipients should provide all of the following when applying for EC:

1. A valid travel document or passport
2. One passport sized photograph. This must not be more than 6 months old.
3. The appropriate fee
4. Evidence of any job offers
5. Evidence of qualifications relevant to the type of work you wish to do
6. Evidence of your current employment/self employment/occupation/work
7. Evidence of your total monthly income from all sources of employment or occupation after tax
8. Evidence of savings

nznewbie
Newly Registered

Post by nznewbie » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:45 pm

niw2 wrote:Despite the above, the EC guidance notes do state that HSMP recipients should provide all of the following when applying for EC:

1. A valid travel document or passport
2. One passport sized photograph. This must not be more than 6 months old.
3. The appropriate fee
4. Evidence of any job offers
5. Evidence of qualifications relevant to the type of work you wish to do
6. Evidence of your current employment/self employment/occupation/work
7. Evidence of your total monthly income from all sources of employment or occupation after tax
8. Evidence of savings
Hi Kaff and niw2

Thanks very much for your help and advise.....Now it's clearer as to what is needed for EC from NZ.

niw2....Tier1 starts for the rest of the world in the UK summer, that's right....I'm only saying June coz thats when summer is in the UK.....So its only an estimate.

Am still waiting for outcome of my HSMP visa....Will apply for EC once i hear something.

All the best

hsmpkiwi2
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpkiwi2 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:19 am

I thought under the new rules it was GBP800 for 3 months?

nznewbie
Newly Registered

Post by nznewbie » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:25 am

hsmpkiwi2 wrote:

Hi hsmpkiwi2

The new rules for NZ will only come effective in the UK summer (~ June08).

So if you are applying for EC before that, then i'm sure its GBP2800 at least for the 3 months?? Can anyone who have applied for EC recently confirm that?

By the way, they want to see our previous passports. Is it passport for the past 10 yrs ?? Or more ??

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:28 am

hsmpkiwi2 wrote:

It is 800GBP if you are applying from within the UK. It does not apply to those of us applying from NZ. We need 2800GBP. It is not yet entirely clear but the current indication is that we need to show that we have had the 2800GBP for three months when we apply. Im in the process of shifting money into one bank account to make this easier to prove when I apply in the middle of this year.

hsmpkiwi2
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpkiwi2 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:19 am

so 2800 for 3 months under the current rules, and still the same if applying from NZ under the new rules, in effect around June.

However, aren't people on this board applying from India under the new rules talking about it being 800? Why wouldn't we get the same conditions?

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:29 am

hsmpkiwi2 wrote:so 2800 for 3 months under the current rules, and still the same if applying from NZ under the new rules, in effect around June.

However, aren't people on this board applying from India under the new rules talking about it being 800? Why wouldn't we get the same conditions?
Those people appear to be wrong. The 800 GBP requirement appears only to apply to applications filed within the UK. The requirement is 2800GBP for applications filed outside the UK. The guidelines on the BIA web site state the following:

You must have a minimum level of maintenance (funds) available and score 10 points in this section, or your application will be refused.

You must score 10 points for maintenance (funds), which are awarded if:

1. You are applying to a British overseas entry clearance post for permission to come to the United Kingdom (known as 'entry clearance') and have £2,800 in available funds; or
2. you are applying for permission to stay in the United Kingdom (known as 'leave to remain') and have £800 in available funds.

See:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... intenance/

kiwi22
Newly Registered

Post by kiwi22 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:34 pm

isnt the above notes for the New HSMP Tier 1 applications tho.. my friends back home in NZ have less than 2800GBP in their accounts (in NZ dollars) and have had their EC approved within the last month. I think if you have at least $5000NZD and details about how you are going to look for work, accomodation sorted and airfares paid for they take this into consideration as well.

I should imagine the 2800GBP min over 3 months requirement will come into effect when the Tier 1 system is introduced in NZ/Aus/Worldwide...