ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent application after variation to ILR (LR) from Ter 1 Entrepreneur

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Suggestme
Newly Registered

Dependent application after variation to ILR (LR) from Ter 1 Entrepreneur

Post by Suggestme » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:32 pm

I am very thankful for any response on this post.
I have varied my Tier 1 Entrepreneur application to FLR Long Residency and awaiting a decision. While I am waiting my decision, UKVI contacted us to make correct application for my wife. My wife made an application of FLR (M) after consultation with a solicitor. In the application form there was a declaration part from the spouse where sponsor need to declare him/her as British, settled or Person with refugee/human right protection. I couldn’t sign that page and cannot declare myself as settled person before obtaining decision from UKVI.
Yesterday UKVI wrote a letter to sign that declaration to make application valid for my wife. There is 10 working days to respond. Any suggestion with the reference highly appreciated.
Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent application after variation to ILR (LR) from Ter 1 Entrepreneur

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:03 pm

You must sign the page.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Suggestme
Newly Registered

Post by Suggestme » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:31 pm

Thank you CR001 for quick response.
If I sign the page I would be misrepresenting the case worker although I haven't received my settlement decision. I am worried if they point out for misleading and providing false information. I don't want any bad outcome of this consequence.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:35 pm

You are overthinking.

She won't be granted FLR(M) until your SET(LR) application is processed and approved. It is HO asking you to sign it!!

If you do not sign it, they will return the application as invalid.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Suggestme
Newly Registered

Post by Suggestme » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:43 pm

Yes I received a letter from HO to sign it otherwise the application will be invalid.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:40 am

Sign it, but include cover letter explaining and asking them to put the application on hold until you are granted ILR? Perhaps following Obie's advice may have been better?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.