ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Help-Change of Name

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rena
Newly Registered

Please Help-Change of Name

Post by Rena » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:17 am

Hi Everyone,

I got I.L.R last year. In March 2008, I have officially added a middle name to myself and got the "Name change certificate" from my home country. Now, I would like to add my middle name in my U.k documents also. (National insurance number card, Driving license, I.L.R sticker, banking statements). How can I do it?.

Is it better if I wait till I get naturalization and change it afterwards in order to make things easy or could I do it straightaway now?

Pls, reply me.

Thanks in advance
Rena

Rosey
Newly Registered

Post by Rosey » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:30 am

????

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: Please Help-Change of Name

Post by Rozen » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:01 pm

Rena wrote:Hi Everyone,

I got I.L.R last year. In March 2008, I have officially added a middle name to myself and got the "Name change certificate" from my home country. Now, I would like to add my middle name in my U.k documents also. (National insurance number card, Driving license, I.L.R sticker, banking statements). How can I do it?.

Is it better if I wait till I get naturalization and change it afterwards in order to make things easy or could I do it straightaway now?

Pls, reply me.

Thanks in advance
Rena
You need to write a covering letter to all these departments (DVLA, NICO, your bank, etc.) informing them of your change of name, and attach a copy of the "Name Change Certificate" with each letter. I'd advise you do it straightaway, before naturalization.

You can go to www.deedpoll.org.uk to get an idea on how to write the covering letter. Good Luck!

Rena
Newly Registered

Post by Rena » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:12 am

Thank u Rozen...I really appreciate your informative guideline.

what about home office? Do I hav to go there personally with my passport?

Thanks in advance!