ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents to Sheffield delayed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Documents to Sheffield delayed

Post by Khokhar1980 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:52 am

I had applied for my UK spouse visa and did my biomatric on 4th January 2018. But unfortunately I couldn't submit my all original docs to shielfied within 2 weeks of biometric. I'm really worried and scared that what will happen and if will it delay my visa process or will refuse. I shall be heartily thankful for proper guidance.
Please help..

sakhtar
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Documents to Sheffield delayed

Post by sakhtar » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:11 pm

Hi,

Why couldn't you submit your papers to Sheffield within 2 weeks? What was the hold up?

2 weeks from the date of 04/01/18 when you had biometrics would mean that the papers would have had to be delivered to Sheffield by 18/01/18. Can you not send them off ASAP and hope for the best?

Otherwise, if you leave it any longer they may not accept it?

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:03 am

Instead of 18 they reached there on next day and as my husband was waiting for updated tax receipt so it got delayed due to that. I sent it through lawyer. He was telling that it is ok. But I was really worried.

Invisible2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Invisible2 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:40 pm

Documents need to reach Sheffield within 20 working days from biometrics being submitted which means in your case the documents must be received in Sheffield no later than Wednesday 31st of January.

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:11 pm

Thanks to Allah almighty...it is big relief for me. If it is really the case. Coz my lawyer in UK told me that 2 weeks means 18th January. And same was told to me when I went for biometrics...they told me that within two weeks I need to send docs to Sheffield...
So it was extremely stressing for Me. Are you sure about information which u r providing me because on website settlement documents time is 2 weeks as well..... :shock:
Also let me know would it be there any acknowledgement letter from UKVI....that they have received my docs.. how can I confirm that they have received my docs ?????

Invisible2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Invisible2 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:47 am

Khokhar1980 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:11 pm
Thanks to Allah almighty...it is big relief for me.
Firstly it was me that answered your question, not Allah, so if you are going to thank anyone then...
Khokhar1980 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:11 pm
Are you sure about information which u r providing me because on website settlement documents time is 2 weeks as well..... :shock:
Yes I'm sure.

All supporting documents should be recieved at the following address within 20 working days for a standard settlement application. This is calculated from the date of biometric enrolment.

Settlement Applications
International Operations and Visas
PO Box 5852
Sheffield
United Kingdom
S11 0FX

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:03 pm

Thanks alot to u ...well ...I had applied from Islamabad Pakistan . Not within uk . I think time limit is pretty different from pakistan. Isn't???
Do u have any information regarding acknowledgement letter ????

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:15 pm

Ignore the above poster and always primarily thankful to Allah (world visa & nationality officer). And be informed it's 15 days to submitt the documents from biometrics. See link below:

http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pakistan/how_to_apply.html
Submitting supporting documents -
You or your representative/sponsor should then send a completed application package within 2 weeks of enrolling your biometric information (but not before) to:

UK Visas and Immigration International

PO Box 5852

Sheffield

S11 0FX
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:22 pm

Yes i know...so according to that my last date was 18th January...coz my biometric date was 4th January but my docs delivered to shiefield office on 19th of January...in that regard..i was asking in that regard....
And how would I get to know that shiefield has received my file ???
Won't they send any aknowledgembt or email?????

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:29 pm

Khokhar1980 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:22 pm
Yes i know...so according to that my last date was 18th January...coz my biometric date was 4th January but my docs delivered to shiefield office on 19th of January...in that regard..i was asking in that regard....
And how would I get to know that shiefield has received my file ???
Won't they send any aknowledgembt or email?????
The only confirmation before the arrival of acknowledgement letter is tracking the royal mail/post office/courier service - whatever you used to send documents.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sakhtar
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sakhtar » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:42 pm

It should be fine insha'allah. I had a similar issue where my document delivery was messed up by the parcel courier. I rang the stupidly priced telephone number and they said they'd email me to find out if they have the documents. 2 days later they emailed.

I would chase them up and escalate it, you can find the number or email online. It's better to be proactive.

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:27 am

Yea..I have got that number as well...I will call them today...I think we have to tell them our GWF number ...