ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does my partner have to leave country to get a spouse visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

andy slater
Newly Registered

Does my partner have to leave country to get a spouse visa

Post by andy slater » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:16 pm

Hi there,

Me and my partner have almost lived together for 2 years now and are looking at applying for an unmarried partner visa. She is South African and is currently hear on a 5 work permit after coming over on a 2 year visa.

Could anyone tell us whether she will need to return home if we are accepted for an unmarried partner visa.

Cheers

Andy

transpondia

Post by transpondia » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:55 am

UP's can apply successfully from within the UK *IF* the applicant entered legally the last time they entered.

This is different from the other family formation visas for historical reasons extending back to the original intent of the UP visa.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:15 am

transpondia wrote:UP's can apply successfully from within the UK *IF* the applicant entered legally the last time they entered.
Admitted "legally" for more than 6 months.

andy slater
Newly Registered

Post by andy slater » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:45 am

Good stuff, she entered legally last time after going home to get her passport stamped for her work permit so there shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for the info.