ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bathroom11
United Kingdom

Re: Check the status of your application online - New service

Post by Bathroom11 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:18 am

For all users here that's is home office policy time line :
If you are European with UK degree you most likely get it in less than a month
If you are none European with masters degree in UK ( basically rich person whose family paid for him/her) most likely month or a two
If you are European with no degree then between 2 to 4 months
If you are none European with no degree in UK basically between 5 to 6 months
If you were given ilr based on refugee status or having any minor conviction then could take years

Obviously it's not a must there are rare cases which don't match with my analysis but trust me that's how home office works, anyway good luck everyone one I hope we all get a positive result sooner it's most horrible feeling ever the waiting game

demis1981
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by demis1981 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:17 am

I guess I am an exception to your estimated timeline
I am EU, with degree and MSc and no answer yet after 3.5 months :( :(

Bathroom11
United Kingdom

Post by Bathroom11 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:26 am

demis1981 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:17 am
No conviction or used the system I mean benefit or bankrupted or somebody chased you with Bill or the number of days you spent out of UK because you have to give evidence to show that you didn't exceed that number of days surely should be something just try to remember

demis1981
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by demis1981 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:34 am

hmmm definitely there are no CCJs as I checked my credit report , I never received benefits. I did the criminal record check and there was no conviction. The only thing that I had was a drink and drive allegation. I went to the court early in August and I was found not guilty and the allegation was dismissed. However the criminal record was not updated and I highlighted this in my application.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:38 am

Bathroom11 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:18 am
If you are none European with masters degree in UK ( basically rich person whose family paid for him/her) most likely month or a two
If you were given ilr based on refugee status or having any minor conviction then could take years

Obviously it's not a must there are rare cases which don't match with my analysis but trust me that's how home office works, anyway good luck everyone one I hope we all get a positive result sooner it's most horrible feeling ever the waiting game
These are official figures from Home office?

Bathroom11
United Kingdom

Post by Bathroom11 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:54 am

mrgs1 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:38 am
Bathroom11 wrote:

No these are my personal figures :D

Bathroom11
United Kingdom

Post by Bathroom11 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:59 am

demis1981 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:34 am
hmmm definitely there are no CCJs as I checked my credit report , I never received benefits. I did the criminal record check and there was no conviction. The only thing that I had was a drink and drive allegation. I went to the court early in August and I was found not guilty and the allegation was dismissed. However the criminal record was not updated and I highlighted this in my application.
Here you go you see there was something , I know you have been found not guilty but the home office they would know about it that's why you have some delays I told you guys my figures are every close anyway good luck I think you will be alright but because of the incident it's self will give u a little bit of delay

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:40 pm

Bathroom11 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:26 am
demis1981 wrote:
No conviction or used the system I mean benefit or bankrupted or somebody chased you with Bill or the number of days you spent out of UK because you have to give evidence to show that you didn't exceed that number of days surely should be something just try to remember
I am EU aply me and my son MN1 EU 85 day nothing yet I am mor 6 years work security no stop Same company same school for my son same address the last 5 years

Bathroom11
United Kingdom

Post by Bathroom11 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:52 pm

Ciaocico wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:40 pm
Bathroom11 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:26 am
demis1981 wrote:
I am EU aply me and my son MN1 EU 85 day nothing yet I am mor 6 years work security no stop Same company same school for my son same address the last 5 years
Because you have got 2 applications and that's why going to take double of the time always there's a reason

Jegz82
Newly Registered

Post by Jegz82 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:05 pm

ALI97 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:04 pm
Hi
My children's mn1 application under section 3 (1) approved today after 13 months ...children born outside UK not had ilr even their dependent visa was expired in April 2018.one sibling and parents British via tier1
Chased home office few time even via MP as well.
Kind regards
Hi ALI97

Good stuff, congrats!!
Hopefully they must have began to work through the backlogs, hoping my one also gets decision soon - applied on Nov 16 ;(
thanks

Jegz82
Newly Registered

Post by Jegz82 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:24 pm

Bathroom11 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:54 am
mrgs1 wrote:
Bathroom11 wrote:

:) I disagree with this all with due respect
I'm a non-eu Masters degree holder (not rich (but aiming to be ha ha)- I paid my own fees ;))
application is based on 5 yr highly skilled worker + more than 1 year ILR, legally entered UK no CCJ no offence etc
applied on 14/11/16, still no decision. 14 months!
It just some departments within HO take longer to finalize on good character checks, could be they dont have the info on records.
I did a subject access request - and there were two notes on my record saying " does not state which SRU team is dealing with my application" !! must be misplaced
also I moved address and did the address change online in Oct 17, but this month I found out they havent updated my file!!
I have also done a pre-action protocol for the excessive delay and requested them to give a precise time frame, no use, same standard response from them, they cant give me a precise time frame!
I have written to my MP, see what happens
thanks

Bathroom11
United Kingdom

Post by Bathroom11 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:07 pm

Jegz82 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:24 pm
Bathroom11 wrote:
mrgs1 wrote:
Bathroom11 wrote:

:) I disagree with this all with due respect
I'm a non-eu Masters degree holder (not rich (but aiming to be ha ha)- I paid my own fees ;))
application is based on 5 yr highly skilled worker + more than 1 year ILR, legally entered UK no CCJ no offence etc
applied on 14/11/16, still no decision. 14 months!
It just some departments within HO take longer to finalize on good character checks, could be they dont have the info on records.
I did a subject access request - and there were two notes on my record saying " does not state which SRU team is dealing with my application" !! must be misplaced
also I moved address and did the address change online in Oct 17, but this month I found out they havent updated my file!!
I have also done a pre-action protocol for the excessive delay and requested them to give a precise time frame, no use, same standard response from them, they cant give me a precise time frame!
I have written to my MP, see what happens
thanks
Then probably your caseworker has 5 years old can't take a decision alone :D haha I hope you will get good outcome soon btw so basically after 6 months from applying then contacted you to let you know your case will take longer because they can't confirm your good character? 2nd question are you single or married ? Because sometimes when you are single and don't have any family here so that's for them alarm that you still don't have direct connection here and if your married and your wife or husband from your origin country that's still alarm bells for them but if your partner is English or European that's make difference as you have connection here that's what I think dunno

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:12 pm

@bathroom11 - you are posting nonsense and your analysis is only your opinion.

This topic will be locked if it continues in this irrelevant manner.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bathroom11
United Kingdom

Post by Bathroom11 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:16 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:12 pm

I thought this forum for giving personal opinion or advice we are trying to share the pain we are getting through anyway sorry I am out of here

shinebright
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by shinebright » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:55 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:12 pm

Oh I have been waiting for a moderator to notice this, I totally agree, your analysis/opinions are not helping people, please don't spoil other people's chances who want facts and are here to learn from other peoples experience.

mo_1
Newly Registered

Post by mo_1 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:18 pm

Bathroom11 wrote:
mrgs1 wrote:
Bathroom11 wrote:

completely nonsense!! disagree with you ... every case is different you're judge things so quickly please be fair , some people who are poor they get their approval faster than rich some with no qualifications get faster than who got qualifications applied to European too just keep calm and don't judge so quickly please. home office do not deal like this
best luck to all :)

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:20 pm

mo_1 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:18 pm

completely nonsense!! disagree with you ... every case is different you're judge things so quickly please be fair , some people who are poor they get their approval faster than rich some with no qualifications get faster than who got qualifications applied to European too just keep calm and don't judge so quickly please. home office do not deal like this
best luck to all :)
HO is definitely doing some "profiling", for instance, a former assylum seeker's naturalisation application is more likely to be further scrutinised until a decision is made. The same may apply to people with cautions, penalties or some negative record in "good character requirement" category.

However, I doubt there is much of a economic class or educational profiling. That would be discriminatory and I think most of the "lower economic class" applicants would be in the same economic class as "regular front-line" caseworkers. Thus, I think it is unlikely that they would be treated unfavourably. Caseworkers who decide our cases are humans and are offering us and the country some service. It would be unfair to receive all this anger and discrimination accusations. Imagine how would you feel for your job, if you were a caseworker on roughly £20,000 p.a. (HO figures) and would visit this website and read comments as such. Without these state employees, our applications would take ages, hence we have to appreciate their service.

Lastly, the UK immigration system, as the UK society as well, in large part works a lot on the honour-trust basis. If someone has not treated others or the state negatively, deceptive or in breach of laws, the benefit of trust is with his/her side. This is the basis of a fair and prosperous society we should all want to be part of.

Many thanks to forum members and the hard working caseworkers helping with our cases. Good luck to everyone (inc. myself) waiting for an answer! :)

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:28 pm

Does anyone have any hint or news if an online checking system is planned to return in the coming weeks?

2nd class mail is notorious to fail (I didn't receive biometric letter twice) and knowledge of decision being made may help not missing deadlines in case of lost letters.

Also, people who applied online for naturalisation, do you know if it offer any status updates? (compared to post or NCS applicants till late 2017)

Many thanks in advance.

maz2018
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by maz2018 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:10 pm

kb8551 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:27 pm
Applied for citizenship (10 years long residence + 1 ILR) on 12th August (more than 5 months ago) through council's NCS service but still waiting for the decision letter. I'm based in London. Anyone else in the same situation?
"kb8551" Same here bro applied on 5 years route on 4th September 2017 through council service but yet no answer. also you can't check your application status online anymore and when you call them they always say its under process. :(

mrsjonas
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by mrsjonas » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:33 pm

maz2018 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:10 pm
kb8551 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:27 pm
Applied for citizenship (10 years long residence + 1 ILR) on 12th August (more than 5 months ago) through council's NCS service but still waiting for the decision letter. I'm based in London. Anyone else in the same situation?
"kb8551" Same here bro applied on 5 years route on 4th September 2017 through council service but yet no answer. also you can't check your application status online anymore and when you call them they always say its under process. :(
Same here, applied in September, still waiting.

Babag391
Newly Registered
Finland

Post by Babag391 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:05 pm

Same here 26sep 2017

magandyuk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by magandyuk » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:03 am

This link no longer works and just gives the following message:

Page Not Found

The application status checker is a pilot service and is currently unavailable as it is under review. If your application is within the published service standard time frames you will need to wait for a decision. If any further information is required for the application, we will contact you directly.

If your application is over the published service standard timeframes you can use the following link if you require an update - https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:52 am

magandyuk wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:03 am
This link no longer works and just gives the following message:

Page Not Found

The application status checker is a pilot service and is currently unavailable as it is under review. If your application is within the published service standard time frames you will need to wait for a decision. If any further information is required for the application, we will contact you directly.

If your application is over the published service standard timeframes you can use the following link if you require an update - https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk
Yes, everyone knows already as it stopped working on 12th December already.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:39 am

Applied on the 29th of August via NCS, got acknowledgement on 5th of September... Still waiting :(

Jegz82
Newly Registered

Post by Jegz82 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:48 pm

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ng-1100254

Table 1 - The number of British Citizen applications received between 01-Nov-2016 and 30-Nov-2016

v Route v Rounded Number of Cases
British Citizen 11,095

Table 2 - Of those British Citizen applications received in Table 1, the number which have been completed and the number still pending a decision.

Route Complete Pending Total:
British Citizen 11,030 60 11,095

Notes
"Based on Application Raised Date
British Citizen Case Types used as per 'Route' of the PRAU Matrix and listed in worksheet below

Please Note:
Data can only be provided up until 30-Sep-2017 as in line with published stats.
Total received figures rounded to the nearest 5 ( - = 0, * = 1 or 2) and may not sum to the totals shown because of independent rounding.
Intake volumes are based on cases input to CID up to the point of extraction and may change if run in the future.
Any case which has been completed after 30-Sep-2017 is deemed to be pending as in line with published stats
"