ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sick family member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

earthshine
Italy

Sick family member

Post by earthshine » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:24 pm

I hold permanent residence and would need to bring over my sister who is severely ill (lacks mental capacity) and cannot be looked after in my home country. Is there a specific application for this?

secret.simon

Re: Sick family member

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:52 pm

Are you an EEA citizen or a non-EEA citizen? What nationality/ies does your sister have? Can you prove financial dependency of your sister on you?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

earthshine
Italy

Post by earthshine » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:00 pm

I’m an Italian citizen... my sister is supported financially in part by me and in part by my elderly parents who are too ill to take care of her now

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:07 am

What nationalities does your sister have? Is she an Italian citizen as well?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

earthshine
Italy

Post by earthshine » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:36 pm

Yes, she is also Italian. I may have dua nationality, Italian and British, should my naturalisation for British citizenship be successful

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:30 pm

As your sister is an EEA citizen, she can move to the UK in her own right, as long as she can get Comprehensive Sickness Insurance (private health insurance) and is otherwise self-sufficient through her dependency on you.