ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee made a mistake

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mydoubts
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Right forms and referees for british citizenship

Post by mydoubts » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:34 pm

Hi,

Me, My husband and my child (born outside UK) has ILR. In few months, we will qualify for Citizenship. I have few doubts regarding the form and fees:
1. Regarding the fees, I have gone through the UKVI document, since it has listed fees regarding other categories, I have doubt regarding that. Do I have to look for form AN Naturalisation fees alone or the registration fees also for the adults? For my child I believe only registration fees applies. Am I correct?
2. Is it just the Form AN for me and my husband to fill in ? And MN1 for my child born outside the UK?
3. Regarding the referee in the forms, if I get the referees signatures 2-3 months earlier before applying. is it ok?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Right forms and referees for british citizenship

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:38 pm

1. Adults £1282 each. Children under 18 £973 each.

2. Separate AN form for each adult applicant. Separate MN1 for each child applicant.

3. Yes but try to get them as close to your application date as possible.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mydoubts
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mydoubts » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:07 pm

Thanks. Regarding the professional referee for the child, do he/she have to know the child for 3 years (my child is 3 years old) ? . Can they be a person working in local children's centre?

And, will we able to apply for our passport as well at the same time as naturalisation application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:17 pm

Thanks. Regarding the professional referee for the child, do he/she have to know the child for 3 years (my child is 3 years old) ? . Can they be a person working in local children's centre?
This is fine as long as on the list of acceptable referees and engaged with the child.
And, will we able to apply for our passport as well at the same time as naturalisation application?
Yes but only if you apply using NCS at the council.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mydoubts
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Residency requirements for naturalisation

Post by mydoubts » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:51 am

Hi,

I became ILR (based on tier2 dependant) this year under 2 year rule. In the last 5 years I have absences of 325 days in total. In those absences, majority is from 220 days absences in single year in one go as I travelled to my home country to deliver my child.

Based on these, can anyone tell me is this a problem in applying for citizenship as absences in a year are over 180 days? I will be applying for naturalisation in few months.

Thanks

EEA National
Bulgaria

Re: Residency requirements for naturalisation

Post by EEA National » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:24 am

mydoubts wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:51 am
Hi,

I became ILR (based on tier2 dependant) this year under 2 year rule. In the last 5 years I have absences of 325 days in total. In those absences, majority is from 220 days absences in single year in one go as I travelled to my home country to deliver my child.

Based on these, can anyone tell me is this a problem in applying for citizenship as absences in a year are over 180 days? I will be applying for naturalisation in few months.

Thanks
Hello,

According to the Naturalisation Booklet (Section 6(1) of the British Nationality Act 1981) to satisfy the residence requirements you need to be physically present in UK on the day 5 years before the application is received by the Home Office and not have had more than 450 days outside the United Kingdom in the five year period before making the application. Also you need to have no more than 90 days outside the UK in the 12 months preceding the application.

I think you are confused with the requirements for ILR application. But you have that alreasy, right?

Regards

mydoubts
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mydoubts » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:26 am

Hi thanks. I have ilr. And exactly my doubts arises if there is any 180 days rule as in ILR main application, to qualify for naturalisation ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:34 am

There is NO '180 days per 12 month' rule for citizenship.

It is clearly stated that you must not have 450 days in the WHOLE 5 years (or 270 days in the 3 years if your spouse is a BC) immediately prior to applying and no more than 90 days in the 12 months immediately before applying.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mydoubts
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mydoubts » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:26 pm

Thanks.

mydoubts
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Referee for passport application when using jcap

Post by mydoubts » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:24 pm

Hi
For my naturalisation form, I am planning to use my driving instructor as professional referee and my friend as second referee. Both of them are british. I am going to apply for passport at the same time via ncs. NCS website clear says that they don't need me to complete section 10i.e countersignatory in passport form. But if I use driving instructor as professional referee then will they accept the reference for passport form as well? I have this question since driving instructor is not in the passport countersignatory accepted profession list. Please someone reply.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Referee for passport application when using jcap

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:23 pm

As I understand it the referees for AN application are sufficient, plus the NCS validates your applications. Therefore no need for two sets of referees.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

mydoubts
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mydoubts » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:55 am

Hi
I can understand referee in naturalisation is enough but will they accept my passport form as well as my referee is a driving instructor who is not in the passport countersignatory accepted profession list.

mydoubts
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mydoubts » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:56 pm

Hi
Kindly someone clarify my question. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:58 pm

You need a referee that is on the citizenship referee list as far as I understand.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mydoubts
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Eligible date for naturalisation

Post by mydoubts » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:41 pm

Hi

I have got my ILR brp issued on 25-Jan-2017 and my husband got his BRP issued on 10-Feb-2017. Can someone please tell me whether we are eligible to apply after 10-Feb this year for naturalisation i.e 11- Feb or 12-Feb? Thanks.

secret.simon

Re: Eligible date for naturalisation

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:46 pm

mydoubts wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:41 pm
I have got my ILR brp issued on 25-Jan-2017 and my husband got his BRP issued on 10-Feb-2017. Can someone please tell me whether we are eligible to apply after 10-Feb this year for naturalisation i.e 11- Feb or 12-Feb? Thanks.
Assuming that both your husband and you have got ILR, you can apply at any time after completing one year of ILR.

As naturalisation applications are not joint, you can apply any day after 25th Jan 2018 and your husband can apply any day after 10th Feb 2017.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

mydoubts
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Eligible date for naturalisation

Post by mydoubts » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:48 pm

Thanks for the reply.

mydoubts
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

doubts in filling AN form

Post by mydoubts » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:46 am

Hi
can someone please clarify filling Form AN:

1. Can I type in electronically on the AN form instead of handwritten?
2. in referee section, when I fill in my name in the name box is it ok if I write my name with pen as referee will write it with pen his/her details?
3. If something is left to be filled during the ncs appointment, can I fill in with pen if I typed in electronically the rest of the form?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: doubts in filling AN form

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:55 am

1. Yes.

2. Referees must complete the referee section themselves.

3. Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mydoubts
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mydoubts » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:03 am

Thanks for your reply. in referee section, on the top there is a name field where my name should be filled. does my name also need to be filled by referee?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:04 am

The referees should complete the pages themselves as they are signing them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mydoubts
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Referee made a mistake

Post by mydoubts » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:38 am

Hi
One of my referee who is a british has put his running age instead of his completed current age. Is that an issue?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Referee made a mistake

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:43 am

What do you mean 'running age'???
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mydoubts
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mydoubts » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:44 am

Say his age is 41 completed. He has put 42

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:45 am

I don't think it is an issue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)