ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DLR to ILR SET (DL) only

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Taareen365
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

DLR to ILR SET (DL) only

Post by Taareen365 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:50 am

Came to uk in 2000 applied asylum but was refused in 2001 and then absconded, in March 2012 I was given discretion leave to remain for three years, then applied before expiry and was given extension in January 2016 for another three years.
I applied for extension in 2015 by post on form DL, I have to apply for settlement now once I complete six years and I should be using form DL but there is no PEO option in it.few members on this platform has applied through set O form and got their settlement and all of them have family attachments, they provided marriage certificate n children birth certificate where as in my case I am single no kids either.
My query is can I apply by filling set O n going through PEO ?

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: DLR to ILR SET (DL) only

Post by CMOSUK » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:00 am

Taareen365 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:50 am
Came to uk in 2000 applied asylum but was refused in 2001 and then absconded, in March 2012 I was given discretion leave to remain for three years, then applied before expiry and was given extension in January 2016 for another three years.
I applied for extension in 2015 by post on form DL, I have to apply for settlement now once I complete six years and I should be using form DL but there is no PEO option in it.few members on this platform has applied through set O form and got their settlement and all of them have family attachments, they provided marriage certificate n children birth certificate where as in my case I am single no kids either.
My query is can I apply by filling set O n going through PEO ?
Hi,

My understanding is you should always use the correct form, in your case, Form FLR(DL) as you were granted DLR from a previously failed asylum application, this is a postal only application.

I understand there are members who have used, with the same category of leave to remain as you from a previously failed asylum application, Form SET(O) and the premium appointment (PSC). Some have succeeded in their ILR application, some have been deferred for further checks, while some have had their applications invalidated due to using the wrong form.

I must add, it is at the discretion of the immigration case worker and their understanding and guidance whether they accept it or not, as DLR is granted outside of the immigration rules. My understanding is, you should always use the correct form for your visa type to reduce, on the balance of probabilities, the wrong form or a refusal. You risk losing your fee if you are refused, where as an invalid application will trigger a 14 day grace period where you must submit the correct application form within that time, without losing the fee's.

I'am sorry if this isn't the answer you are looking for, but again, i cannot comment on others that have used it in this way.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

Taareen365
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Taareen365 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:04 am

Thank you so much for your reply and your advice, you couldn't be more precise n logical then that. Will apply by using form DL.
Any idea how long does it take by postal applications?

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:08 am

Taareen365 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:04 am
Thank you so much for your reply and your advice, you couldn't be more precise n logical then that. Will apply by using form DL.
Any idea how long does it take by postal applications?
This all depends on how complicated your case is, and how busy they are but at the moment expect 6+ months through postal.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.