ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Telephone interview Spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

En17
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

How do I apply for spouse visa priority service?

Post by En17 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:30 pm

Hi all,

I have completed the application form on visa4uk website for my spouse. I haven't yet submitted it. I want to apply via the priority service but can't find any guidance on this. Will there be an option on visa4uk website when I submit my application or do we need to do it at the visa centre when wife goes to submit biometrics? We are applying at Mirpur, Pakistan. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

randyjan
Newly Registered

Re: How do I apply for spouse visa priority service?

Post by randyjan » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:51 pm

I was In the same situation applied for priority even the application was set as priority but on payment screen on the priority service wasn’t available, then my wife paid on her biometrics she had it in india jalandhar, they did not take card payment so make sure you take cash with yoib

En17
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by En17 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:31 pm

Is there an option on visa4uk to opt for priority service? Am I right in understanding that the application will be submitted online and on the day of biometrics request the staff at the visa centre to upgrade to priority and make the payment in person?

I am quite anxious to find out the proper way to do this as we initially applied last April and decision wasn't made till November and it was refused.

Thanks

En17
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by En17 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:46 pm

Does anyone recommend using the vfs global website to apply for priority service?

On vfs global it mentions that if the visa is not straight forward then they may not be able to process within the given timescale. One of the reasons an application is considered not straightforward could be "if you have been refused before" which is the case in my situation and they have advised that you may not want to opt for a priority service because of this.

Has anyone had any experience with this. If we are applying for the second time does anyone advise against going for the priority service?

Thanks

sakhtar
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sakhtar » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:34 pm

Hi,

Not sure on the applying for second time bit. However, yes the only way to apply for priority is using the VFS Global website. You should print the confirmation and include it in the first few pages of the documents you send to Sheffield.

They have to tell you that it's not guaranteed to be a month due to unexpected delays. We applied online 22/12/17. Biometrics were 29/12/17 in Mirpur, PK. Received confirmation the application was being processed on 16/01/17. So now it's just a waiting game!

Good luck

En17
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by En17 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:53 am

Thanks Sakhtar.

So even though it says standard on the application, I should apply for priority via vfs and put the confirmation receipt in the docs I will be sending to Sheffield?

Does my partner need a copy to take to the visa centre in Mirpur or will they already know when checking the GWF application number?

Thanks again for your help

sakhtar
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sakhtar » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:51 pm

En17 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:53 am
Thanks Sakhtar.

So even though it says standard on the application, I should apply for priority via vfs and put the confirmation receipt in the docs I will be sending to Sheffield?

Does my partner need a copy to take to the visa centre in Mirpur or will they already know when checking the GWF application number?

Thanks again for your help
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, I couldn't see that you had responded..

Yes, that's what our solicitor did. Paid separately on VFS website then included that in the first few pages when we send docs to Sheffield.

Yes, you will need to send to your partner: The application form (the one with the GWF barcode on it), the VFS confirmation of payment and their confirmation of biometrics appointment. So 3 documents they will need to print and take to the Mirpur centre when they go for their appointment.

Hope this helps!

En17
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by En17 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:11 pm

Hi,

I have an urgent question.

I am applying on behalf of my wife. Once I have completed the application form and ready to print it. Do I need to send the original printed application form with barcode on it to my wife or can I scan and email to her so she can print it in Pakistan?

Thanks

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:28 pm

You can save it as pdf while printing the application and email it your wife. You'll also have to send this application copy with your wife's signature with documents to Sheffield.

Also your wife will need to take priority receipt to her biometrics appointment if you're paying priority fre online.
Biometrics Karachi 04/08/17
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused on subsisting relationship)
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn 26/02/18
Decision overturned 29/03/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

En17
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by En17 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:43 pm

Many thanks

En17
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by En17 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:34 pm

Hi,

Just another question.

I have emailed the application form to my wife and she has printed it, signed and will take it to VAC on day of biometrics which in on 5th. She has also scanned this and sent it to me, however the scanned copy with her signature appears with a grey background when I printed it (this has something to do with the scanner over there and there isn't a way to edit the background on Adobe etc, we tried a few times but it kept coming back as grey background). Will this go against us? Can they refuse or argue on basis that the form isn't the original one or that the background isn't white? Is it okay if I sign the application form that is being sent to Sheffield on her behalf or is this a no no?

Thanks

En17
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by En17 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:06 am

Hi All,

My wife had biometrics on 5th February 2018 and documents we're sent to Sheffield the same day.

I am an IT contractor but employed through an Umbrella company. This makes filling out the application form and providing documents a little different to a standard employee, however the same rules apply ie: 6 months wage slips etc.

Today I received a call from home office asking for more information regarding my job. As the umbrella company act as my employer (they do the payroll and pay me after deducting taxes), I don't actually work at their office. I work at the end clients site on a day to day basis but this is on a contract and the end client isn't my employer. During the interview they asked me if I had a job interview to which I replied no as I just chose an umbrella company of my choice and it's the recruitment agency who source the work for me and forward my CV to clients. They also asked the address, to which I replied I can check in my diary as I wasn't sure due the fact that I don't work in their office. They then asked about the end client and their address which I answered without any problem and also names of people I work with at this site, start and finish times, day/hourly rate etc. I answered all these questions without any problems.

Should I be worried about anything? The lady conducting the interview did admit that my circumstances are different from standard employees hence the checks and questions?

Do you think they will contact the end client? I don't have problem with this but I like to keep my personal life away from work.

I did pay for the priority service so is it normal that they have got in touch so soon and if anyone has experienced this, approximately how long after the phone call should I expect a decision?

I appreciate any advice regarding this matter.

Thanks

En17
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by En17 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:39 pm

I've just received another phone call and it seems they are confused as to whether I am employed or self employed but they seem to be leaning towards that I am self employed which is 100% not the case as I double checked this with the umbrella company and this information is widely available on the internet.

I called up my umbrella company just to confirm again and response was that I am an employee if the umbrella company.

I also mentioned to the lady on the phone that they should call the company for further clarification.

I am quite worried now that they will refuse based on the lack of knowledge they have on this issue.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Telephone interview Spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:11 pm

You stated in a post in November last year, that the spouse visa was refused due to insufficient evidence and that you were a Director of a Limited company and an employee at the same time.

immigration-for-family-members/spouse-v ... l#p1562567

Is your situation still the same in respect to your employment??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

En17
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by En17 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:21 pm

That was a previous application that was refused.

I am no longer a director, have no links with now dissolved LTD company.

I have been an employee of this umbrella company since last April now.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:26 pm

HO would have checked the details of the previous application and this could be where the confusion in your circumstances is originating from.

Did you explain the detail in a covering letter or just submit everything hoping it will be ok??

It is not for HO to 'search the internet' about things, it is your responsibility to make it clear to them and submit what is necessary.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

En17
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by En17 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:32 pm

I made it clear in the sponsorship letter that previous visa was refused and now I am with an umbrella company.

From the telephone conversation, i believe that they have acknowledged the fact that I'm working for this company but because I am a contractor and it is not a permanent position they as no contract position is ever permanent that I must be self employed.

I really do hope they call my company and clarify this and I'm certain they'll be able to explain it clearly exactly why I am employed and not self employed.

If this was to be the reason for refusal, do you feel there are grounds for an appeal?