ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WHERE TO START

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

progazna
India

WHERE TO START

Post by progazna » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:58 pm

Hi all,
My wife arrived in uk with family permit (non eea). Please guide me where to start.
Do i have to apply for her NINO first then resident card. How can she get the NHS number.
Our 1 year old daughter is NL citizen do i need to follow any procedure for her.
I am self a qualified person in uk and working have a registration certificate.
Is it possible to register my wife and daughter by GP without nino or nhs number.
Also how to open a bank account for my wife is it before nino and rc possible.

All helps highly appreciated.
Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: WHERE TO START

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:05 pm

progazna wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:58 pm
Hi all,
My wife arrived in uk with family permit (non eea). Please guide me where to start.
Do i have to apply for her NINO first then resident card. How can she get the NHS number.
Our 1 year old daughter is NL citizen do i need to follow any procedure for her.
I am self a qualified person in uk and working have a registration certificate.
Is it possible to register my wife and daughter by GP without nino or nhs number.
Also how to open a bank account for my wife is it before nino and rc possible.

All helps highly appreciated.
Thanks
Did your wife enter as your spouse under UK Immigration Rules, or as a family member of an EU national? You mention a 'family permit' but you've chosen the flag of India. :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

progazna
India

Post by progazna » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:20 pm

Thanks for reply
She came as a family member of an EU national. Flag is not correct might be NL

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Post by dan1988uk » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:27 pm

progazna wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:20 pm
Thanks for reply
She came as a family member of an EU national. Flag is not correct might be NL
1. Your wife has to call the NiNo number, they will ask about her visa and tell them that it’s EEA Family permit. My wife received some papers at home to fill and after a while her NiN arrived at home.

2. At the medical center they will only ask for ID and proof of residence, same for the bank, so create/change an account to her name ( internet or electricity or gas)

3. Your daughter is EU citizen and she is dependent on you, no need to do anything for her.

4. After all this you apply for your wife’s residence card using the EEA (FM) form.

progazna
India

Post by progazna » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:54 pm

Thanks for your kind reply. Its clear now but 100 pages eea form to fill up or can apply online.
To fill up the form do i have to print out 100 pages or any easier options.
Thanks

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Post by dan1988uk » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:23 am

progazna wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:54 pm
Thanks for your kind reply. Its clear now but 100 pages eea form to fill up or can apply online.
To fill up the form do i have to print out 100 pages or any easier options.
Thanks
You can print, fill and send all the pages applicable to your situation, i.e. if you are a worker your don't have to fill the part where they talk about the EEA sponsor being jobseeker or student.

amro2012
Mood:
Brazil

Post by amro2012 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:12 am

Hello
There is online application form,is this correct to use it or it must be paper form as am in the same situation?
thanks

progazna
India

Post by progazna » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:19 am

Hi,
There is no online application for residence card well for PR. I think have to fill up paper form. if you not agree with me pls send the link here so that i can apply it online.

amro2012
Mood:
Brazil

Post by amro2012 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:47 am

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/eea-qr

Here the link and I don't know if it's ok for residence card and PR or No?

Any advise

progazna
India

Post by progazna » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:13 pm

Page cannot be found from your link
I think the best way to follow advise from dan1988uk

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:31 pm

progazna wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:13 pm
Page cannot be found from your link
I think the best way to follow advise from dan1988uk
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... orm-eea-fm
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

progazna
India

Post by progazna » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:48 pm

Thanks to CR001
This is a pdf doc which have to print for fill up. so no online application for RC non eea family member.
guide me if i am not correct.

progazna
India

Post by progazna » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:50 pm

Send your completed application form, supporting documents, and payment of £65 (plus £65 for each family member included in your application, if applicable) to:

Home Office EEA Applications PO Box 590 Durham DH 99 1AD
EEA(FM): guidance notes – v2.0 - December 2015 Page 2 of 19

You can only apply by post. You cannot apply in person at our Premium Service Centres for a registration certificate or residence card as a family member.

We recommend that you send your documents by Royal Mail Signed For™ or Special Delivery.

aarshad01
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aarshad01 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:07 pm

the most easiest way to apply for NON EEA family members is to apply online -EEA QP adding youre family members and take appointment for European passport return services - it cost you bit extra but you will hold your passport. also in online application it wouldn't ask you anything extra like in paper format - best of luck

progazna
India

Post by progazna » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:49 pm

Not possible cos I am already applied QP before my wife came to uk and got the registration certificate. There is no other way than 100 pages form to fill up. Also suffering big problem with proof of address. we are renting a room in shared
house with all bills included. So proof of address is now very difficult to prove. Any advice or suggestion requested.

aarshad01
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aarshad01 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:51 pm

register for NI , and you will get a proof from address from their, also if you already have a registration certificate you can apply again for it adding your family member, there is no law stopping you to apply again! if this make sense to you as its only make it not filling the 100 pages, also when you get a BIO metric from HO, this will also be a proof of address for you! rest you have no other choice until unless you rent house by your own and add whoever you like on your bills !!

progazna
India

Post by progazna » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:13 am

Thanks aarshad01

Apply again for registration cert means i will get it again and pay 65??? and also pay for my adding wife 65???? please correct me if i am riight.

open a joint bank account they ask me to apply for her a provisional driving license as a proof of address but in dvla site they wrote you can apply after 180 days if i am not wrong. pls advice for both issues
Thanks

aarshad01
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aarshad01 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:28 pm

I just applied like this for my mother, as my solicitor advised me to do like that, i know it cost me a bit but i have peace of mind,as my mother is holding her passport, and wife doesnt have to send her passport. luckily my mother got her Biometric also within 7 working days after applying for her RC.

i dont know about the DVLA as its not my priority at the moment for my mother, but i opened her joint account with me, and applied for her NI aswell now waiting for her NI.

since i have rented accommodation from council, i have bit different situation then yours regarding proof of address.

the best for you is, applied whatever way you like, and get use biometric letter as a proof of address or NI letter. unless youre taking some benefits and you want to add your family member into that. i dont know completely about benefits so cant advice you

progazna
India

Post by progazna » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:45 pm

Thanks for your reply
did you apply first your reg cert then later again reg cert with adding your mother???? In that case did you holding 2 reg cert for yourself????

please let me know

aarshad01
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aarshad01 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:18 pm

my wife is EEA National we all got RC in OCT 2017, this is my 2nd RC, 1st one i got in 2013 since my wife didnt work completely 5 years so i didnt apply for PR, so at the moment i applied for my mother EEA FP as a dependent she came to UK recently. and Jan 2018 i applied for my mother n wife together EEA QP, so applied for my wife again adding my mother in the application.

i answered you very comprehensively. Best of luck

progazna
India

Post by progazna » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:38 pm

Thanks for your reply

I applied as a QP in sep 2017 got reg cert in oct 2017 so i have now a reg cert without any renewal date. If i am understanding you might be able to apply again as a QP and adding my wife. sorry if i am asking too frequently.

aarshad01
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aarshad01 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:32 pm

you can apply as many times as you like, its like buying a same thing from a shop, unless you pay each time.
youre paying for RC, its not for free. Home Office cares only you pay the price and you fulfill the requirements.
hope answered the question!! if youre still confused then better apply for EEA FM

progazna
India

Post by progazna » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:42 pm

Thanks aarshad01

I am a bit confused after reading this pls read the following from uk.gov

Who cannot apply online
Some applicants cannot currently use the online form.

Apply using the family or extended family paper form if you are:

a family member of a qualifying EEA national (your sponsor) and you are not applying at the same time as them
Apply using the EEA (QP) paper form if you are:

a student or self-sufficient person who is financially responsible for any other family members or is reliant on a family member for financial support
applying on the basis of retained rights
applying under the Surinder Singh category

aarshad01
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aarshad01 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:16 pm

brother i cant make you understand anymore, ur just confusing your self by digging more n more. i gave you practical example by my own. rest you can consult with a solicitor face to face. when he will change you consultation fees you will understand !

progazna
India

Post by progazna » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:58 pm

Thanks brother,
I will follow your advice. Now i am stuck with 2 questions online which is not clear to me.

1.Were you in a relationship with each other when you started living together?

Is it mean before my marriage or after.

2.Have they lived with you at an address not already given during the relevant qualifying period?

your answers appreciated.