ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa- Category A calculation. Help!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uswaleh
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Spouse visa- Category A calculation. Help!

Post by uswaleh » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:38 pm

My husband will be making the application for his visa next month hopefully. We are in the process of fulfilling the requirements.
I was looking through the Appendix 2 and it seemed to have confused me. Basically I have two jobs. One is at hourly rate flexible (with agency), which I believe comes under non salaried. I have 6 months of payslips so the calculation would be (total gross income throughout the six months / 6) x 12. My second job is part time but permanent contract which would fall under salaried. With this I also have 6 months of payslips. However as I was on holiday in one of the months my pay was less. How would the calculations be made in this instance .

Secondly I’m hoping to apply under category A, is it possible.

Thanks

uswaleh
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Spouse visa- Category A calculation. Help!

Post by uswaleh » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:35 am

Also to add my flexible job is weekly paid, I do 40hrs a week. Part time is 15hrs a week, paid monthly.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:57 am

How much you earning from last 6 months.

Give the figures of your wages separately of 2 jobs.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Invisible2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Invisible2 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:29 pm

uswaleh wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:38 pm
My husband will be making the application for his visa next month hopefully. We are in the process of fulfilling the requirements.
I was looking through the Appendix 2 and it seemed to have confused me. Basically I have two jobs. One is at hourly rate flexible (with agency), which I believe comes under non salaried. I have 6 months of payslips so the calculation would be (total gross income throughout the six months / 6) x 12. My second job is part time but permanent contract which would fall under salaried. With this I also have 6 months of payslips. However as I was on holiday in one of the months my pay was less. How would the calculations be made in this instance .

Secondly I’m hoping to apply under category A, is it possible.

Thanks
You can apply under category A.

Your first jobs income will be worked out by adding the last 6 months wages together, dividing by 6 and then multiplying by 12.

Your second jobs income will be worked out by taking the lowest monthly payment from the past 6 months and multiplying by 12.

Add these two calculations together and what amount do you get? If it's over £18,600 then you should be good.

uswaleh
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by uswaleh » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:04 pm

Thanks so much for the reply.

Basically for my second job I get £450 a month. But in September I was on paid holiday, so for that month I received £375. The holiday pay (£75) was given the month later. In this instance do I still calculate with 375 as it was the lowest in last 6 months?

Invisible2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Invisible2 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:13 pm

You need to take your 6 payslips leading up to the date of application, and the lowest out of those 6 will be used if salaried employment.

Example if you were to apply before the end of next month (assuming you are paid at months end) then you would need payslips for August 2017, September 2017,October 2017, November 2017, December 2017, January 2018. Whatever the lowest on any of those pay slips are would be used for the calcultion.

So if the £375 month is included that will give you £4,500 meaning the 6 payslips for your other (non salaried) job need to add up to a minimum of £7,050.

Dreamteam31
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Post by Dreamteam31 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:34 pm

Invisible2 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:13 pm
You need to take your 6 payslips leading up to the date of application, and the lowest out of those 6 will be used if salaried employment.

Example if you were to apply before the end of next month (assuming you are paid at months end) then you would need payslips for August 2017, September 2017,October 2017, November 2017, December 2017, January 2018. Whatever the lowest on any of those pay slips are would be used for the calcultion.

So if the £375 month is included that will give you £4,500 meaning the 6 payslips for your other (non salaried) job need to add up to a minimum of £7,050.

Hi i am in a similar situation where i would like to apply in April 2018 and i want to use two jobs also. My salaried job i am earning £17,400 a year (£1450 monthly) and i have been in that job for 3 months, My other job my income is vary as i am paid every 4 weeks sometimes £293 or £286 and im with this company for 2 years. If i am to applied using two jobs, on the Appendix 2 form theres only space for 1 job where do i fill in the other job. Will i be able to combine these salaries and apply? Also do i have to apply after i received my 6months payslip which is the 27 April? Thank you