ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for Schengen Visa Under Free Movement Directive

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tammu786
Newly Registered

Documents for Schengen Visa Under Free Movement Directive

Post by tammu786 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:15 pm

Dear All,

Hope you are doing good.

I am a British national. Currently in UK but secured a job in Germany & would move to Germany this month-end. Wife & Parents are in India. So was planning to bring them to Germany under free movement directive.
So I believe I need to get their Schengen Visa( Short Term - Single Entry- Generally issued for 3 months).

In form, I got to see below note.

If you belong to this category and you do not wish to provide any information, please select “Yes”. You must submit documentary evidence of your family relationship.

If I choose yes, then many sections would be disabled for entry.

What is beneficial in order to get this visa sureshot? Should we give all information or just the nominal?

I was planning to show below documents:
1. All pages of my UK Passport
2. Passports of Wife & Parents
3. Marriage & Birth Certificates
4. Letter to German Embassy to declare purpose of travel (i.e. due to job relocating & requesting family to join).

Should we show offer letter, my bank statements ?
I have booked a B&B for myself for couple of weeks, so haven't made any accommodation arrangements for family yet.
Plane tickets/ Medical Insurance etc are also not done at this moment.
Should we show applicant's bank statement at this point?

Another major concern is .. Many people mention that they submit legalised marriage certificate.
My birth as well as marriage certificate is issued by govt body (i.e. Municipal Corporation of Mumbai.) designated to issue such certificates.

Within India, I never faced any issue with these documents. Once we have been to europe trip as well that time also same marriage certificate was provided & visa was issued.

So bit confused, who actually need to legalise these certificates?

If it's a must exactly who will legalise?

I know I have asked so many questions, sorry for that but need to sort out this asap.

Am I missing anything for Parents?
Do get spouse information abundantly but for parents less.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mgb

Re: Documents for Schengen Visa Under Free Movement Directive

Post by mgb » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:26 am

Parents can be a problem. You have to prove that they are dependent on you for a visa and the next problem is health insurance. If you find no other solution a so called privat health insurance is around 800 euro per person per month for elderly people in Germany.

tammu786
Newly Registered

Post by tammu786 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:15 pm

Thank you mgb for giving a heads up with insurance.

tammu786
Newly Registered

Post by tammu786 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:32 pm

Guys,

Any other thought on my queries?