ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel after PR experience

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jbkhan32

Travel after PR experience

Post by Jbkhan32 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:50 pm

Recently I traveled abroad first time after getting my PR status and on a way back at heathrow airport border force officer asked me too many nonsense questions even asked me to fill a landing card.Most strange thing which he did was a entry stamp on my passport and also immigration officer wrote a biometric PR card number on the top of entry stamp.
I don’t understand why he stamp my passport and why he wrote PR number on the top of entry stamp on my passport?
Please let me know if someone knows about it
Thanks

GMB
United States of America

Re: Travel after PR experience

Post by GMB » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:17 pm

Which queue did you use? UK/EEA or Other?

Jbkhan32

Post by Jbkhan32 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:37 pm

Other passports

GMB
United States of America

Post by GMB » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:06 pm

I was told way back by one of the Border Force officers to always use the EEA/UK queue if travelling on an EEA RC or PR card. According to him, the officers on the Other side tend to only work that side, and the ones on the EEA/UK side stick to those lanes. So if you come through the Other lane (which you're allowed to), the person there won't have as much experience with EEA documents, nor the rules that apply to them. So they'll tend to do what they know, which is apply the non-EEA rules to you just like they do with everyone else. So do yourself a favor and use the EEA/UK queue in future. Much easier.

wingpin
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by wingpin » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:24 am

Also if you're eligible try applying for Registered Traveller, I highly recommend it. Makes entering the UK a breeze, really great service. Not cheap but worth it :D

Jbkhan32

Post by Jbkhan32 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:48 pm

Thanks.