ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got FLR in 6 days

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ajay Kumar Singh

Got FLR in 6 days

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:59 pm

I couldn't believe it. Just collected passports and documents, all are safe and and returned in same way as I sent :) Details given below:

Sent by RM on 10th Feb 05 by Special Delivery, and recvd by HO next day.
Payment deducted from Credit Card on 11 Feb 05.
Ack sent on 12th Feb.
FLR Issued date 17th Feb (on passports)
So total 6 days. That was too quick.
Feeling relaxed now :)
Thanx all for help.

Cheers
Ajay

rckybhardwaj

Post by rckybhardwaj » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:43 pm

Congrats ajay for getting FLR,
So did u get 3 year stamp on your passport.

Cheers

paresh1

Post by paresh1 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:09 pm

Congrats Ajay. All the best.

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:26 pm

yeh i got 3 yrs stamp :P
teen saal tak shanti :)

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:57 am

excellent stuff for you there Ajay, at least now you can sleep easy. i guess its just confirmation that they adopted the same 'ringfencing' policy for FLR as they are using wiht initial HSMP,

DeepThroat

Post by DeepThroat » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:10 am

Congrats Ajay ,

Can you please share your application details and the way you presented it.

Thanks.

baskey

Re: Got FLR in 6 days

Post by baskey » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:11 am

Ajay Kumar Singh wrote:I couldn't believe it. Just collected passports and documents, all are safe and and returned in same way as I sent :) Details given below:

Sent by RM on 10th Feb 05 by Special Delivery, and recvd by HO next day.
Payment deducted from Credit Card on 11 Feb 05.
Ack sent on 12th Feb.
FLR Issued date 17th Feb (on passports)
So total 6 days. That was too quick.
Feeling relaxed now :)
Thanx all for help.

Cheers
Ajay

Congrats Ajay, Could you please share your documantation list, would be much helpful for many of us........

Regards,

Baskey

Ayesha_Khan

Post by Ayesha_Khan » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:21 pm

wow ...

congrats Ajay ....

i hope they start looking at jan cases now :(

Sher

Post by Sher » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:33 pm

Hey Ajay,
Did Labour's vote bank just increase by one ..... 3 years hence ? :wink:

BTW ..... could u, F2K, elaborate as to what does 'ringfencing' mean :?:
nJOY !
may u grow by leaps and pounds !

:roll:

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:44 pm

Here is the list of documents. I posted it earlier also when i asked forum members to comment on the listm=, but unfirtunately that thread is gone..

1. FLR(IED) form, which covers me and my wife
2. My passport
3. Wife’s passport
4. 2 passport size photographs of each applicants
5. HSMP approval letter (Original Copy)
6. Wife’s Police Registration certificate (Original copy)
7. Marriage Certificate (Original Copy)
8. Bank Statements (Originals & Printouts)
9. Employee’s references, offer letter etc. (Original Copies)
10. Payslips (Original Copies)
11. NI Card issuance letter (Original) and NI card (Photocopy)
12. Scottish Widows Group Pension Plan documents (All originals)
13. Private Tenancy Agreement and rent receipts( All Originals)
14. Utility Bills; BT Telephone Bills (Originals), London Energy Bills (Originals)
15. E-mail printouts of job search.
16. Self Addressed Special Delivery Envelope

Presentation was simple one pager. I said that i want to get my HSMP extended further for 3 years. I also explained the reason of coming late, and attached few e-mail exhanged with job agents. I also did the calculation of availabe bank balances on seperate sheet. That's all rest was luck ;)

Sher,
Any party is okie as long as i'm safe n sound here ;) Not soo much interested in such dull politics back home it used to be fun :)

baskey

Post by baskey » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:25 am

Ajay Kumar Singh wrote: 16. Self Addressed Special Delivery Envelope
Is that HO wants to save money on the return envelope and postal charges as well... :wink: .

Ajay,

Did they returned your documents on your self addressed Spl. delivery envelope?? or used their own envelope and stamps. Who knows, since you have sent with self addressed envelope, no pain for the HO clerk to post you back and hence got ur documents back quickly.. :o :o :o .

Let all follow ajay and see we get our doc back quickly... :o

Regards,

Baskey

NationOne

I GOT MY FLR(IED) < 5 days.

Post by NationOne » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:38 am

I GOT MY FLR(IED) in less than 5 days.

Posted: 10-Feb-05
Dont know when they received it coz I sent payment via Postal Order.
FLR granted: 15-Feb-05 (date on approval letter)
Passports recieved: 23-Feb-05 (I did not include a Sp. Delivery envelope)

My docs.
---------
1. Passports of myself and my dependants.
Please note that the validity of entry clearance is mentioned as two years in all our passports. According to the guidance notes, this should be for one year only.
2. Two Passport Size Photographs each of myself and my dependants
3. Letters from current employer – Offer Letter, Confirmation Letter, Salary Review Letter.
4. Salary Slips from May 2004 to January 2005.
5. Bank statements from June 2004 to January 2005 – Savings Account (Salary Account), and Executive Account.
6. Marriage certificate of myself and my spouse
7. Birth certificate of my dependant child
8. National Insurance allotment letter.
9. Copies of NHS cards of myself and my dependants.

Ayesha_Khan

Post by Ayesha_Khan » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:18 am

WOW !!

congrats NationOne ....

I wish i had waited for another month to apply :cry:

gps

Congratulations

Post by gps » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:38 pm

Hi Ajay,

What a good news. Many Congratulations.
I have few questions -

1) what reasons u gave for coming late to UK ? any proof for that ?
2) How many salary slip u got till u filed for FLR ?
3) was Police registration not requied for main applicant ?
4) Can we move money from India to UK bank to show more balance ? or
it has to be only UK's earning only.
5) Do companies give offerletter till the expiry of the EC only ?

Pl reply.

Regards,

salman_7777
Newly Registered

Post by salman_7777 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:40 am

Hi Ajay/NationOne,
Do you mind sharing the yearly salary , you are earning ? And whats the validity period of 3 year extension on your passport ? Does it start on the day, they pasted on your passport ?

cheers !

ethan

Congratulation

Post by ethan » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:25 pm

Congratulation on the extension of your FLR so quick. My first year HSMP will expire in the middles of June. I am planning to appy for FLR in the middle of next month. However, I have some questions here. If possible, I would be grateful if you could help me.

1. Salary? Currently my salary is not very high £15k. I am married and have got a 6 months son (next month) and Living in London. Is it enough for extending?
2. We are from China and have to register to Police. My son was born here, does he need Police register?
3. It seems the processing time for both of you are short. However, it said it needs 12 or 13 weeks? I just worried about if fail, will they force us our in a limited days.
4. No contract for my current job? Does anyone have sample of appointment with terms and conditions?
5. Do you think I need to seek lawyer for help!

Thanks a lot!

ethan :oops:

ethan

one more question

Post by ethan » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:56 pm

Currently, we share flat with the other couple. Because my wife sign the contract, my friends pay to us and finally we pay to the landlord. Therefore, how we explain this situation.

Thanks a lot!

ethan :oops:

slor
Newly Registered

FLR Evidence

Post by slor » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:12 pm

I had a very similar timescale to others (posted in 8 Feb, received passports on 23 Feb, though I had to pick them up Saturday from the West End post office as I was at work, of course, hope you guys at HO notice that when you send something recorded delivery). All the supporting evidence I sent was my last 6 months' wage slips along with my photos. Why is everyone sending so much extra information? If I was a HO worker, I would be asking whether y'all are paranoid or have something to hide with the application.

ethan

Thanks slor

Post by ethan » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:04 pm

Dear Slor,

Thanks for your encouragment! however, maybe your case is too smooth and has not meet any question. Therefore, you think it is easy. We just want to make everything more clearly and do not want to get any time delay from HO. And we hope not get any trouble from HO. I beleive that we do not have any need to hide. however a sufficient is much more important!

If I were working HO, I would think that why you just provide pay slip? Was your pay slip fake one? Sorry, I know yoj have got the extension.

Anyway, I still want to thanks for your explaination and give us more confidence.

deborahCO

Post by deborahCO » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:16 pm

Ethan: I wish you all the best with your application, but as you have so many, many questions posted on the boards you might want to hire a solicitor to help you. They could answer all your questions, help you prepare your application and give you the peace of mind you seek. No one on these boards can do that for you. You seem very uneasy about doing this yourself and getting it right, so take it easy on yourself and hire some help!

Good luck!

DeepThroat

Post by DeepThroat » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:35 pm

slor,
Are you kidding that you got your extension with so little info. DO NOT mislead people on this board. Are you for real?
Cheers

slor
Newly Registered

Clarification

Post by slor » Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:30 pm

Touché, Kumar. (for those who haven't seen our posts responding to each other, he's got me on this one). I read the FLR (IED) form and the guidance notes. I was employed, I had been making money, and I couldn't have been bothered fishing out my bank statements. Look, any professional company's pay slips are original and official, have an accountant's name certifing their authencity, etc. and this is only a 30-person business. All that they ask for is proof of your earnings, and my name and national insurance number are clearly printed on each wage slip should they wish to cross check it.

Seriously, that's all they ask for, that's all they got, and that's all that it took. Who has had their FLR denied who wasn't a student or a weird case on the basis of lack of employment? Direct me to that forum if its exists.

zeke

Post by zeke » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:49 am

Friends,

I am delighted indeed for our friend Ajay Kumar Singh, but I am now confused.

Maybe I shouldn't be -- maybe I should be taking my own advice and go to the "Search" button of these boards---

--so, please indulge me--

I thought that the Further Leave to Remain which is granted after the first HSMP year is for 4 years (perhaps soon to be 5 years, according to what I understand from recent press releases about UK immigration reform).

Sooo-- how is it that our happy friend Ajay got FLR for 3, not 4 years??

Or am i just tooo too confused? :oops:

Thank you all --
Be Well!

hsmphopeful

Post by hsmphopeful » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:37 am

I agree with slor. Sending unrelated stuff like driving test passes is useless. The HO doesn't care about your driving skills - what they are concerned is whether you legally earn money and pay taxes and do not receive public funds - that is the whole point of managed migration - it's not to make us feel better but to benefit country's economy (which is perfectly legitimate and reasonable). I will soon be sending my FLR(IED) and will only send the payslips and bank statements. As a higher rate taxpayer who got a job a month after arriving in London I should be OK. On a related note, knowing the cost of living in this place of the world I am sure someone who earns more is more likely to be granted extension than someone who earns less - not because he is a "better" person but because that's what the country needs - more people paying taxes than receiving benefits...
My 2p.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:06 am

Slor is absolutely RIGHT, there is no need to send a high volume of documentation when applying for FLR, if they wanted that level of documentation they would have clearly stated so. All they ask for is for you to prove you Economic Activity, and for this all you need to do is to show, Bank statements, Payslips and P60 (if you have gt one at the time of application), showing them ,Tenancy agreements, driving licences, mortgage payments, council tax payments, correspondences from work colleagues etc, are not only irrelevant but as also a WASTE of TIME, the caseworker ends going thru more documents than necessary in his bid to find the correct documents he needs. If everyone just applied using the Payslips, bank statements and P60 ONLY, the FLR process will definitely be quicker.