ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Company changed name - will this affect my wife's spouse visa application?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dhoombro
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Company changed name - will this affect my wife's spouse visa application?

Post by dhoombro » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:28 pm

Hi,

I'm a British citizen and I've started a new job from this January 2018. However, my company just wants to change their name from February 2018 and it's a small company but same manager and same address.

I intend to apply for my wife's spouse visa application on July 2018. I was wondering will the name change affect my application? If so, what is it that I need to prove that my employer's company has changed name. Please help asap as I'm quite concerned about this. Many thanks.

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Company changed name - will this affect my wife's spouse visa application?

Post by CMOSUK » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:45 pm

dhoombro wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:28 pm
Hi,

I'm a British citizen and I've started a new job from this January 2018. However, my company just wants to change their name from February 2018 and it's a small company but same manager and same address.

I intend to apply for my wife's spouse visa application on July 2018. I was wondering will the name change affect my application? If so, what is it that I need to prove that my employer's company has changed name. Please help asap as I'm quite concerned about this. Many thanks.
If the company changes it's name, you may request a letter from them just to clarify it's name change, but also more importantly, clarify when you have been employed with them.

If you plan to apply in July 2018 and you started in January you will need to show at least 6 months wage slips that would equal to 18,600 for the 12 months.

This is my understanding of it.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

hussaincute
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hussaincute » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:48 pm

I am in the same situation. I don't know if change of company name and headoffice address affects the 'be with same employer' clause. Can someone please guide?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:32 pm

As per my guess if company name changes which also change the company registration number then I think it's a change of employer. However, if company registration number remains same while only name changes then company explaination letter might work out.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

hussaincute
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hussaincute » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:19 pm

Thanks for your reply. I work for a company which has a parent company and under parent company, there are several different companies. Now, my company is separating from its parent company and name is being changed and head office address too. Please note here that the company I am talking about is a multinational public limited company. The change of name means that the new named company will be launching on stock market in upcoming months and worth billions.

I can't find any official information on what is considered to be same employer anywhere. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks