ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Error on ilr prior to citizenship..help needed!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kkhan69
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Error on ilr prior to citizenship..help needed!

Post by kkhan69 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:48 am

Hi everyone,

I currently hold BRP which was issued 2 years ago. Married to British citizen. I noticed an error on my middle name spelling which was originally misspelt on my passport when it got renewed. When I applied for ilr same misspelt name was then carried on my BRP. Error was made by Pakistani embassy (forgot to check, my mistake too). Ukba followed suit too (not their fault). Now what should I do as I am going to apply for nationality? I have managed to rectify spelling on my most recent Pakistani passport. AN form states use name as it appears on passport. Currently passport has correct name but BRP has misspelt one.

Ziad on passport...Correct
Zaid on BRP... Mis spelt.

Any suggestions as to which course of action should I take?

Thanks

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Error on ilr prior to citizenship..help needed!

Post by makky86 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:05 am

kkhan69 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:48 am
Hi everyone,

I currently hold BRP which was issued 2 years ago. Married to British citizen. I noticed an error on my middle name spelling which was originally misspelt on my passport when it got renewed. When I applied for ilr same misspelt name was then carried on my BRP. Error was made by Pakistani embassy (forgot to check, my mistake too). Ukba followed suit too (not their fault). Now what should I do as I am going to apply for nationality? I have managed to rectify spelling on my most recent Pakistani passport. AN form states use name as it appears on passport. Currently passport has correct name but BRP has misspelt one.

Thanks
When did you get new passport back with correct name? You were supposed to apply for new BRP straight away

https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

Check section Changes to your name or personal details

It looks like if you have not reported within 3 months you may be fined !!!

You must apply for a new BRP within 3 months. You can be fined up to £1,000 or have your stay shortened if you don’t.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

kkhan69
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kkhan69 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:22 pm

Thanks for your reply. I have received New passport last week.

kkhan69
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kkhan69 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:38 pm

makky86 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:05 am
kkhan69 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:48 am
Hi everyone,

Thanks
When did you get new passport back with correct name? You were supposed to apply for new BRP straight away

https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

Check section Changes to your name or personal details

It looks like if you have not reported within 3 months you may be fined !!!

You must apply for a new BRP within 3 months. You can be fined up to £1,000 or have your stay shortened if you don’t.
Noticed it says change of circumstances if someone has a visa. I have indefinite? Would NTL apply on me?