ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries on Standard Visit Visa..

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uk_boy

Queries on Standard Visit Visa..

Post by uk_boy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:14 pm

Hi Gurus,

Am a Naturalized British Citizen, holding a British passport staying with my family, wife and small daughter [all british passport holders]. My wife is pregnant with my second child and my Mother would like to come over for some support. So, am planning to file for her standard family visit visa for six months.

I will sponsor and bear all her expenses right from her travel tickets to accomodation to possibly everything.

Got some queries below, if you guys can advise would be great.

1. Is it advisable to mention on the cover letter that my wife is pregnant and my mom would like to come over for some help. Will it make her case any stronger?

2. As my father passed away couple of years back, do I need to provide his death certificate when applying for my moms standard visit visa?

3. My father passed away couple of years back and she lives with my Elder brother, who takes care of her. She has no regular income or any assets on her name. She's got around £10,000 in her bank account. Is it enough to provide only the bank statement?

4.My brother can provide his bank statements, will it be of any help.

5. For strong family ties, can somebody provide some sort of template or a standard letter? I tried searching but could not find any. If somebody can point me to a thread or some letter format, would be great.

6. My mother has been to dubai a couple of times where my younger brother lives with this family. Can I also provide his bank statements and passport to prove family ties?

Please advise and if you guys can give more pointers for the applicaiton to be more appropriate and stronger would be great.

Regards...

uk_boy

Re: Queries on Standard Visit Visa..

Post by uk_boy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:15 am

Hi Gurus,

Can somebody please advise...

One more query along with the one stated above.

- Do I also need to provide marriage certificate..

Please advise gurus

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:03 pm

I am not a Guru, but have successfully applied for a visitor visa for my parents (and in law) multiple times.
See my answers to your questions below
uk_boy wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:14 pm
Hi Gurus,

Am a Naturalized British Citizen, holding a British passport staying with my family, wife and small daughter [all british passport holders]. My wife is pregnant with my second child and my Mother would like to come over for some support. So, am planning to file for her standard family visit visa for six months.

I will sponsor and bear all her expenses right from her travel tickets to accomodation to possibly everything.

1. Is it advisable to mention on the cover letter that my wife is pregnant and my mom would like to come over for some help. Will it make her case any stronger?
You can mention that your wife is pregnant, but stating that you need your mother for help would be seen as "work" and is strictly not allowed as a visitor. In our case, we mentioned the pregnancy,
but also clearly mentioned that the visit is not for childcare or other help, but merely for moral support as a family in this joyous occasion.

2. As my father passed away couple of years back, do I need to provide his death certificate when applying for my moms standard visit visa?
Yes

3. My father passed away couple of years back and she lives with my Elder brother, who takes care of her. She has no regular income or any assets on her name. She's got around £10,000 in her bank account. Is it enough to provide only the bank statement?
Yes, but also get your brother to provide the letter stating the fact that she lives with him and will continue to live with him after the UK visit. It would help if your brother could provide his payslip/bank statements as part of his letter even if he is not sponsoring this visit.

Yes, as said above.

5. For strong family ties, can somebody provide some sort of template or a standard letter? I tried searching but could not find any. If somebody can point me to a thread or some letter format, would be great.
you could explain the circumstance back home in a cover letter, your brother could mention the same in his letter.

6. My mother has been to dubai a couple of times where my younger brother lives with this family. Can I also provide his bank statements and passport to prove family ties?
Probably best not to overcomplicate things. Keep it simple

Please advise and if you guys can give more pointers for the applicaiton to be more appropriate and stronger would be great.

In addition to the above, we also included a travel insurance (we used ICICIlombard from India) to cover the duration of the trip and attached this to the application. You can state in the cover letter that you will sponsor the visit including travel and accommodation, etc. Any unforeseen circumstance requiring medical treatment will be covered by the insurance. In case you haven't thought of this already, you should be mindful of the fact that, although visitor visas are issued for 6 months period, staying in the UK for the entire duration of the visa would be considered as residency and may impact any future applications. Within the 6 months (if visa issued), you can make multiple short visits. Try to keep it to less than 2-3 months.

These are my opinion and not professional advice. Please use this information at your discretion.

Regards...

uk_boy

Death Certificate...

Post by uk_boy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:46 pm

Dear Gurus,

Am planning to apply for my mom's visit visa to the UK for a period of 3 months. My Father passed away couple of years back and now my mother lives with my elder brother, who takes care of her.

When applying for her standard visit visa, do I need to include my fathers death certificate.
Is it mandatory to have this document?

Please advise at the earliest.

Regards...

uk_boy

Post by uk_boy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:57 am

Hi Guys,

Can somebody please advise on the above query, as I need to apply for VISA ASAP.

Regards...

uk_boy

Post by uk_boy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:48 pm

Hi Guys,

Can somebody please advise on the above query, as I need to apply for VISA ASAP.

Regards..

uk_boy

Post by uk_boy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:14 pm

Hi Guys,

Mods, I hope u guys are not hibernating in cold winter nights :lol:

Regards..

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:00 pm

So, you will only accept an answer from a GURU? should have gone to a Immigration solicitor and paid $$$ for advice. Just saying!

uk_boy

Post by uk_boy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:10 pm

vignezh wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:00 pm
So, you will only accept an answer from a GURU? should have gone to a Immigration solicitor and paid $$$ for advice. Just saying!
Anybody is more than welcome to advise buddy, all are Gurus here... :!:

A reply to the query would have been more beneficial.... 8) Just saying!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:16 pm

If no one has replied, then likely no one has an answer either way. If you feel the need to submit the death cert then submit it as evidence.

She needs substantial evidence to prove her ties to her home country though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

uk_boy

Post by uk_boy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:22 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:16 pm
If no one has replied, then likely no one has an answer either way. If you feel the need to submit the death cert then submit it as evidence.

She needs substantial evidence to prove her ties to her home country though.
Thanks Moderator.

The problem is we don't have the certificate, misplaced.

So, was worried that if it's a mandatory document and can lead to visa rejection, then I better get one done.

If not, then can apply Visa straight away.

Regards...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:24 pm

It is not mandatory. Simply state he is deceased and you don't have the death cert.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:00 am

uk_boy wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:10 pm
vignezh wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:00 pm
Anybody is more than welcome to advise buddy, all are Gurus here... :!:

A reply to the query would have been more beneficial.... Then you should have checked the replies to your original questions particularly the one about the death certificate, no. 2 to be precise. should have gone to specsavers 8) Just saying!

arcelli ann
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by arcelli ann » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:12 pm

vignezh wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:03 pm
I am not a Guru, but have successfully applied for a visitor visa for my parents (and in law) multiple times.
See my answers to your questions below
uk_boy wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:14 pm
Hi Gurus,

You can mention that your wife is pregnant, but stating that you need your mother for help would be seen as "work" and is strictly not allowed as a visitor. In our case, we mentioned the pregnancy,
but also clearly mentioned that the visit is not for childcare or other help, but merely for moral support as a family in this joyous occasion.

Yes

Yes, but also get your brother to provide the letter stating the fact that she lives with him and will continue to live with him after the UK visit. It would help if your brother could provide his payslip/bank statements as part of his letter even if he is not sponsoring this visit.

Yes, as said above.

you could explain the circumstance back home in a cover letter, your brother could mention the same in his letter.

Probably best not to overcomplicate things. Keep it simple

In addition to the above, we also included a travel insurance (we used ICICIlombard from India) to cover the duration of the trip and attached this to the application. You can state in the cover letter that you will sponsor the visit including travel and accommodation, etc. Any unforeseen circumstance requiring medical treatment will be covered by the insurance. In case you haven't thought of this already, you should be mindful of the fact that, although visitor visas are issued for 6 months period, staying in the UK for the entire duration of the visa would be considered as residency and may impact any future applications. Within the 6 months (if visa issued), you can make multiple short visits. Try to keep it to less than 2-3 months.

These are my opinion and not professional advice. Please use this information at your discretion.

Regards...

Thank you for this advice..
I have almost similar case..
I am inviting either my mom or my sister to come before my expected delivery...