ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

letter sent by friend to Mr. Tony Blair regarding June appli

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abp19682003
Newly Registered

letter sent by friend to Mr. Tony Blair regarding June appli

Post by abp19682003 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:05 am

hello friends,

my friend who is also a consultant here has sent a e-mail to uk prime minister regarding the working stryle of Home Office and has tried to reach the feelings of june to november applicants to him. i think we, other june to nov. applicants should also sent e-mails to Mr. Blair regarding this to do something in this matter. to send e-mail to Mr.blair, open the following link:

http://www.pm.gov.uk/output/Page869.asp

atul

============
following is the letter my friend has sent to Mr. Blair.

Honerable primeminister Mr. Blair,

Hope you will be fine and wish you all the best for the comming election.I am sending this e-mail regarding the current working style of Home Office for HSMP category. they have put aside all the applications from June to November 2004 and have started clearing file from december onwards which is very unfair to those thousands of applicants who have applied during june to nov. you can see their worry and disappointmentness on various ineternet discussion boards. till November 2004 they regualarly update their website and also reply the e-mails and phone calls regularly but now a days they dont reply the e-mails and phone calls soon. So you, honerable prime minister, please consider our feelings and worry of these thousands of HSMP applicants accross the worldof june to nov.and help us regarding this. hoping your kind co-operation.

thanking you.

yours truely,
paresh

Alagomeji

Post by Alagomeji » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:29 am

Guys.... I am not sure this letter was in our best interest. I fear the literary content (or the lack thereof) might indicate to the people in charge that quite a number of HSMP applcants do not meet the english language requirements.

Aside from this, the moral and message of the letter is the truth. I wonder if someone might send a really articulate letter through the medium, possibly with some data (e.g. links to the unchanged date on the website). As much information as possible should help. Just my two cents.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, BUT UNBOWED

INVICTUS ; William Ernest Henley. 1849–1903

zombie1979
Newly Registered

Post by zombie1979 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:50 am

Well.We do need to admire the person's motives.He has definitely made me think.I think the PM would be unwise to generalise the level of English as spoken by the majority of applicants from one person's email.

Instead of/In addition to writing to the Prime Minister do you think it would make more sense to write to the minister in charge of the H.O.The media is another outlet which would gladly take up this case.This might be the silliest idea of resolving processing time delays---by igorning a large chunk of applicants.

Some food for thought.After December,they are processing applications extremely fast (say with a two week period).Also judging by the trends in the number of applicants,the number of applicants in the period from Dec-Feb would be a lot higher than the number of applicants in June-Nov.If they had spent the same amount of time/effort on going through the applications sequentially(as they should),I would estimate they would have reached Sept or even october by now.Of course I maybe wrong and the aim of my email is not to speculate what would have happened but rather what we can do.I think it is very unfair to people.I know someone who has lost out on a very good job offer because the company told the person that they want someone in the country immediately.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:09 am

the problem with the UK government is that they set themselves targets and then mark themselves based on those targets, so u can imagine they will only set targets they know they can reach and do all they can to achieve them. i am sure if someone asked the question to Charles Clarke in the house of commons, his answer would be 'currently we are clearing 90% of the the applicants within 1 day of receipt of the application and this is over and above the targets we set in the October review....' there will be no mention of the poor applicant from June the 25th still waiting for a response, simply because when he/she applied there were no targets set at that time, so as far as the HO is concerned they are doing "Very Well".
True about pple having to lose out on jobs because their applications were still in the queue, even the 'urgent' queue was sacrificed to meet the new targets. the one good thing about it is that they did move quite quickly thru the dec/jan and current feb applications and they have hopefully cleared the urgent queue, so hopefully they will move at the same pace with the backlogged applicants.
the one problem i can foresee is that next month (march) they will probably get in more applications than normal as pple will be trying to get their applications in before the new charges come into place on the 1st of April :cry:

lightpace

Post by lightpace » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:24 pm

i am still at a loss to understand the rationale for using a certain month as benchmark for beginning to meet up set targets when indeed you still have backlogs!
so, fine you meet up your set targets from dec through january and subsequent months but for goodness sake, you cannot just wish away the backlog left behind! i really dont see the wisdom in it except they feel those june-nov. applications are no longer valid or inconsequential :shock:
i believe it is morally right for the HO to quickly come up with an explanation of the apparent illogical trends because a contract was actually entered into which should be honoured aside from tying down people's immediate and future plans. 9 good months going on 10 isnt funny at all. :oops:
"A friend is one who comes in after the rest of the world has gone out"
- Bradley Tyler

Ali_UK

Post by Ali_UK » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:39 pm

Hi,

I think the best way to get answer from HO is to send an email/letter under the freedom of information act asking what is their criteria for accessing the application before Nov 04 and after that.

They must have to reply back within 20 days after the receive of the request. They have to reply in this time frame because of law.

Regards

Ali

vp73
Newly Registered

Post by vp73 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:08 pm

hi

good suggestions but how do we bell the cat, that's the question.

or put in another way who will do it

regards

AxA
Newly Registered

Post by AxA » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:27 pm

I think that the letter should not be sent to Mr. Tony Blair or one of the ministers, but to a tabloid like "The Sun" or some other. I think that the prime minister is well aware of the situation due to the fact that they are doing this to get better results for the upcoming elections. It is outrageously unfair what is happening, something should be done.

Best regards,
A.

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:14 pm

Don't forget that British public opinion is running very much against immigration at the moment, so drawing public attention in that way could do more harm than good. The headline might well read, "Civil Servants struggle with hordes of prospective immigrants"

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:57 pm

Recycle-walas have not empited our recycle bins since X-mas.
I wonder if there is any site where I can direct my complain to Mr. Blair against local council. ;)
Kidding...

Now serious thoughts. What about contacting opposition parties about this issue. This can be a major issue as UK's politics revolve around only one issue and that is Immigration. Remember sacking (a.k.a resignation) of David Blunkett over VISA fast traking Issue.

Possibilities are infinte ;)

I was curious if Atul's friend got any reply from Honerable primeminister Mr. Blair ?

paresh1

Post by paresh1 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:24 pm

I fully agree with Lynn132. In the current situation drawing public attention is the last thing we should think about. Because politicians are bound to give it a wrong colour for their motives. Instead, it will be better to pressurise home office alone for their unfair attitude towards dealys in processing June- Nov '04 applications.

Crossover12
Newly Registered

Post by Crossover12 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:06 am

Hi friends,
There seems to be some progress, the date now being processed is 10th June-04. This update on the HO site for HSMP is exactly after 9 weeks.
Does this mean that there has been some effect on all the mails being received at HO or the mail to the UK PM.
Congratulations to all for whatever effort everyone has taken.
I just hope now that the site is updated regularly.
Hoping to make the crossover soon.

paresh1

Post by paresh1 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:12 pm

Hi Atul,

Will you pl. inform us about the reply your friend received or will receive from PM (if at all he gets a reply).