ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help regarding PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sajid29
United Kingdom

Help regarding PR

Post by Sajid29 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:20 pm

Thanks everyone in Advance .
I just need some information regarding applying for PR .My Wife have PR since 2015 and since then she is on and off at work because of kids so i work full time . I will apply for PR soon . Do i need her PR only or home office will ask for work proof between 2015-17 ? If All clear then can i apply straight for passport with my wife or need to wait one year before apply for the passport ?

Sajid29
United Kingdom

Re: Help regarding PR

Post by Sajid29 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:03 pm

Anyone please i need information .

GMB
United States of America

Post by GMB » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:10 pm

It doesn't matter what your wife did since she acquired PR in 2015. Having PR/DCPR means the person no longer has to exercise any treaty rights at all. On the form EEA(PR) it just asks the applicant to send in their sponsor's DCPR as proof.

Naturalization - if she's now a British citizen then there's no waiting period once you have PR. If she's not, then you have to wait one year, but it will be one year from the date they determined you acquired PR, which will be the end of your five-year period, not the date of your PR card. This date will be on a letter that will be sent with your PR card.

Sajid29
United Kingdom

Post by Sajid29 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:38 pm

Thank you very much for the reply .
I have no knowledge about immigration .i thuaght my wife still need to work for me even she has PR already because i have RC in 2013 .May be i am absolutely wrong but my wife is waiting for my PR before she apply for British citizenship .
If my wife became british this mean she is no longer Eu so i will lose rights so we decided to wait untill i get PR .? Am i right or wrong ?
(I thaught may be from 2013-2017 my wife need to work but she stop in 2015 .)
So i have to attached her PR and other related duccuments ?

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:01 am

Sajid29 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:38 pm
If my wife became british this mean she is no longer Eu so i will lose rights so we decided to wait untill i get PR .? Am i right or wrong ?
You and the home Office were wrong about this, according to the EUCJ late last year. However, I suggest your wife waits until you get settled status under the new scheme.