ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

insainet
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by insainet » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:33 pm

MAS99 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:30 pm
I am not sure if I posted earlier but I had my private ceremony on 05th Jan 2018 and received passport on 12th Jan

Over the moon.. All done and dusted now.. No need to worry about anything hopefully.

Good luck to all of you.. Keep patient but chase UKbA
Congratulations! May I ask if you did receive any text message from DX regarding the delivery of passport before 12/01?

Thanks

KS2

Post by KS2 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:49 pm

Is it just me or does it appear application made in November/December seem to be being processed in 1-2 months ?

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:09 am

insainet wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:33 pm
MAS99 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:30 pm
I am not sure if I posted earlier but I had my private ceremony on 05th Jan 2018 and received passport on 12th Jan

Over the moon.. All done and dusted now.. No need to worry about anything hopefully.

Good luck to all of you.. Keep patient but chase UKbA
Congratulations! May I ask if you did receive any text message from DX regarding the delivery of passport before 12/01?

Thanks
Yes I did.. on the day when they were going to deliver..

mmali

Post by mmali » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:06 pm

mrgs1 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:08 pm
mmali wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:25 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:19 pm
Thanks CR001
I have given all the dates of my fingerprint in my BC application , a friend of mine said sometime if you provide the dates of your fingerprint in your application they do not sent fingerprint invitation letter. Is this true?

Nonsense. You are required to submit biometric (fingerprints and digital photo) with every application you submit to HO.
My solicitor have sent my wife original British Passport along with my application.If i need it how can i get it from Home office.
Suggest keep checking with your solicitor that the letter is not there for biomerics. You have 15 days to enrol them. Why did your solicitor send the original passport of your spouse? A certified copy would have been sufficient. Also, you could have saved money by simply applying through NCS at the council as you would have been able to keep all your original documents and you would have been able to apply for citizenship and passport at the same time.
Finally got my Fingerprint done on 08-01-2018.But the Home Office just sent acknowledgment letter and the biometric letter. I was thinking The Home Office will send my wife passport. But they hold my passport,BRP and my wife passport. Despite in the form in Ticked the box that I will return the BRP .It looks that they will not send anything until decision is made.
My question If i need my wife passport after few months or six months (If the decision is not made within timeline) ,Is there any way i can get it back without withdrawing my application?

Thanks
https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned
Hi,
I sent my original passport which will expire in 2019 along with my Naturalisation application to Home Office on 14/12/2017 .On 24/12/2017 my country invalidated the written type passport and start issuing the new one (Digital).I applied for one and received it today.
My question is do I need to send it to the Home Office or no?

En1gma
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by En1gma » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:06 pm

KS2 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:49 pm
Is it just me or does it appear application made in November/December seem to be being processed in 1-2 months ?
I applied begging of December and people who applied 2-3 weeks after seemed to have had a response from HO.

Soooooo frustrating for this to happen in the land of queuing :x ... I am wondering, do certain types of naturalisation applications, for example, from ILR spousal ?

mmali

Post by mmali » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:59 pm

I applied for BC on 13-12-2017, From December timeline 2017 only four person got approval .So it only few week.I think be patient.

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by smallpie » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:11 pm

@ mmali,
Regarding your updated passport by your home country..

I personally will update homeoffice with the new passport...with a covering letter, together with the new passport.

( recorded signed for postal method)

It doesn't cause you any harm doing so.

All the best.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

mmali

Post by mmali » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:36 am

Thanks SmallPie, I will send it soon.

Nightknight
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Nightknight » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:41 pm

I have realized that some applications take only 3 weeks, a month or two to be processed while others take up to 6 months and lets say in the ideal world that neither of those applicants have any bad character attributes .. the question is, if they take only 3 weeks to do their checks and approve some applications, why do other applications take months and months to be processed !!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:31 pm

Nightknight wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:41 pm
I have realized that some applications take only 3 weeks, a month or two to be processed while others take up to 6 months and lets say in the ideal world that neither of those applicants have any bad character attributes .. the question is, if they take only 3 weeks to do their checks and approve some applications, why do other applications take months and months to be processed !!
It appears to the online applications that are taking 3 weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

calavera99
Turkey

Post by calavera99 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:42 pm

Hi Guys,
I made my naturalisation application via NCS over 5 years of work visas + 1 year of ILR in November 2017. I have few questions and help would be highly appreciated.

While I am still waiting for a response to my BC application,

1-I applied and got my first ever UK driving license. I still don t have a vehicle and I am not planning to have one soon but I got my license.

2-I will quit my job in Feb, and before starting to work again ( I have a couple of offers) I want to take 1-2 months off for traveling mostly out of UK

3-I realised I am not on the council tax records, neither on utulities (moved here 2 months ago, used this address to HO, and submitted my biometrics already) as I reimburse it to my flatmate who is also the landlord. I will live here until June and planning to move to a place I buy.

Can you please advise if I need to update HO about any (or all) points above?

Thank you

calavera99
Turkey

Post by calavera99 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:42 pm

Hi Guys,
I made my naturalisation application via NCS over 5 years of work visas + 1 year of ILR in November 2017. I have few questions and help would be highly appreciated.

While I am still waiting for a response to my BC application,

1-I applied and got my first ever UK driving license. I still don t have a vehicle and I am not planning to have one soon but I got my license.

2-I will quit my job in Feb, and before starting to work again ( I have a couple of offers) I want to take 1-2 months off for traveling mostly out of UK

3-I realised I am not on the council tax records, neither on utulities (moved here 2 months ago, used this address to HO, and submitted my biometrics already) as I reimburse it to my flatmate who is also the landlord. I will live here until June and planning to move to a place I buy.

Can you please advise if I need to update HO about any (or all) points above?

Thank you

Nightknight
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Nightknight » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:44 pm

May I ask why online applications are fast track ones .. they are all applications at the end of the day arent they !!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:49 pm

Nightknight wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:44 pm
May I ask why online applications are fast track ones .. they are all applications at the end of the day arent they !!
I don't know, I don't work for HO or have knowlegdge of their internal processes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nightknight
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Nightknight » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:54 pm

Thank you anyway, I appreciate your quick respond though

Ceebee
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Ceebee » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:09 pm

Nightknight wrote:
I suspect the time it takes to process online applications will be less due to the application data already being in digital form i.e. no deciphering and data entry required by UKVI.

IcikePicike
Hungary

Post by IcikePicike » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:42 pm

Nightknight wrote:
From what I've seen here, read in posts, experienced, etc, the easier to process the application, the faster it will go through.
They probably try to encourage people to apply online and they are aware there are forums like this where it's discussed so I'd hazard a guess they are prioritising them as a form of nudge for future applicants. Just a guess.

IcikePicike
Hungary

Post by IcikePicike » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:53 pm

I do very much wish people would stop advising not to contact solicitors but rely on NCS instead. Just buy fewer shoes for a few months, people! I'm sure you can save up the money and not take your chances with the NCS that seem to make one mistake after another!
If your solicitor messes up, they have to fix it, where does it leave you when the average mouthbreather at the council gives you the wrong advice? Hm? Incredible.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:25 pm

The vast majority of NCS applications are successful, why would you want to pay money to a solicitor? We don't get to hear all the successful applications via NCS because not everybody posts their application on here, same as the thousands who apply we no nothing of. If people are careful it's a straightforward application like, just like Spouse,ILR were.

mmali

Post by mmali » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:17 pm

Hi,
Today I got a notification this morning regarding a member on December 2017 Naturalisation Timeline that a member name (ariskar) got approval and he/She used online application system too. But later on I logged in into my account to see the details .That member has disappeared.
Has anyone noticed that and why it is deleted ?May be the moderators will have a clue ,if it is deleted or censored.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:55 am

mmali wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:17 pm
Hi,
Today I got a notification this morning regarding a member on December 2017 Naturalisation Timeline that a member name (ariskar) got approval and he/She used online application system too. But later on I logged in into my account to see the details .That member has disappeared.
Has anyone noticed that and why it is deleted ?May be the moderators will have a clue ,if it is deleted or censored.
No one has posted in the December timeline thread since 18th January. If a member has deleted his post immediately after posting, there is nothing we can do.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mmali

Post by mmali » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:59 pm

Hi Everyone,
Today I received an e-mail from Nationality Biometrics confirming my Biometrics enrolment and it also confirmed that my application is now held in a queue waiting to be case worked.
I applied to BC on 13/12/2107 and have done biometrics on 08/01/2018.Now I do not know if this e-mail is a good indication regarding processing my application.
Any idea!

Kurabor
United Kingdom

Post by Kurabor » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:29 pm

Hi everyone. I have applied for British citizenship on 27th of April 2017 but I still haven't received my decision yet. After 6 months home office send me a letter saying they need more time to make a decision on my application. Now is been 9 months but still nothing received from home office. I contacted my local mp they say to him same thing.if some one can help I would be appreciate . Thanks

iffi786

Post by iffi786 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:55 pm

Kurabor wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:29 pm
Hi everyone. I have applied for British citizenship on 27th of April 2017 but I still haven't received my decision yet. After 6 months home office send me a letter saying they need more time to make a decision on my application. Now is been 9 months but still nothing received from home office. I contacted my local mp they say to him same thing.if some one can help I would be appreciate . Thanks
Can u plz explain bit more which route applied under and what is ur case history.
Thanks

Kurabor
United Kingdom

Post by Kurabor » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:03 am

iffi786 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:55 pm
Kurabor wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:29 pm
Can u plz explain bit more which route applied under and what is ur case history.
Thanks
10 years +ilr. No criminal record at all . I also send my dbs certificate and my spouse and daughter passport aswell