ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage visa help… USA to UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mcarr1007
Newly Registered

Marriage visa help… USA to UK

Post by mcarr1007 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:19 pm

I searched this board and couldn’t find just what I was looking for. I imagine this question is common so I apologize for the redundancy. I was originally told that once married in the USA all I needed to do was take the required documentation to the NYC British consulate and get my spousal visa. As of 2008 it seems nothing is done in person anymore and this could take up to 14 weeks. Also the massive fees these visa services demand seem just plain unfair. Is there any way to do this myself and to expedite the process?

Thanks...

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:45 pm

Can you clarify which fees you are referring to?

You should have the option of either doing a DIY application online to the NYC consulate or through a courier/agency.

However there's no getting away from the settlement fee charged by the visa section itself.
Oh, the drama...!

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:25 pm

Also the massive fees these visa services demand seem just plain unfair
If you are talking about settlement visa fee of US$1082 (£515) charged by the British High commission then we all know thats very unfair charge and there is very little or say nothing can be done in regards to this. We got to pay this as a starting payment and the charges doesn't stop there you need to pay higher fees to get ILR (Indefinite leave to remain at the end of the 2 year spuse visa) probably double the price what you are paying for the spouse visa and God knows how much its going to be in 2 years time.. Well in the mean time good luck