ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

extension of PBS dependant, main applicant now ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asjakkas2
India

PBS dependant visa status after main applicant gets ILR

Post by asjakkas2 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:20 pm

Hello all experts ,
my wife has got dependant visa in November -2017 which is valid until December 2019. I am currently on Tier 2 General visa and eligible for ILR in June -2018.

my question is
1. once I get ILR from Tier 2 Migrant based on 5 year work permit route, Do I need to reapply my wife's visa as a dependant?

2. Can she continue on PBS dependant visa until it expires in December -2019 then can she apply to extend.?

Following is mentioned in document of "family member of PBS migrant" page 32

This page explains how to consider applications from family members of points-based
system (PBS) migrants where the PBS migrant has indefinite leave to remain (ILR) or British
citizenship.
If the PBS migrant holds ILR, this must be as a PBS migrant, and not for example under the
long residence rules.
If the PBS migrant is a British citizen, before that they must have held ILR as a PBS migrant.
Change to the Immigration Rules: 9 July 2012
From 9 July 2012, dependent partners of PBS migrants must complete a 5 year
probationary period before they qualify for ILR. If the PBS migrant obtains ILR or British
citizenship before their partner has completed their 5 year probationary period, the partner
can still apply for further leave to remain as a PBS dependant rather than as the partner of a
settled person. If their application meets the requirements, leave to remain can be granted
for up to 3 years.
If the PBS migrant has ILR on the basis of long residence, their partner cannot extend their
leave or gain settlement as a PBS dependant and must switch into the partner of a settled
person category and apply for limited leave. For more information see related link.

Does this mean My wife can continue on dependant and can extend in december 2019?
Any one knows answer to this because I know quite a few of us have been and will be in same situation?

vinny

Re: PBS dependant visa status after main applicant gets ILR

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:21 pm

1. No.
2. Yes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

asjakkas2
India

Re: PBS dependant visa status after main applicant gets ILR

Post by asjakkas2 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:02 am

hi Vinny,
thanks a lot for quick reply

asjakkas2
India

extension of PBS dependant, main applicant now ILR

Post by asjakkas2 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:44 pm

Hello all experts.

my partner has got dependant visa in November -2017 when I was on Tier 2 General visa. I have now Indefinite leave to remain. My partner's extension is due on 29/05/19.

my question is
1. Which category my partner will extend her visa

2. Can she continue on PBS dependant visa until she is eligible for ILR?

3. If yes can anyone please guide me to get correct application form.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: extension of PBS dependant, main applicant now ILR

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:53 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

asjakkas2
India

Post by asjakkas2 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:11 pm

thanks CR001.
I am not sure to open new thread or continue here, apology if doing mistake.

My wife is just been here for 1.5 year. in terms of supporting document, I have bank statement, driving licence, credit card statement from last and current address. But We dont have any address proof where we both have name on it same time for previous address.
But I have moved address 1 months ago. I can provide council tax, utility bill with both of us name on it.

so question is
if I use some bank statement/credit card statement from previous address as proof and some utility bills from current address with both names on it. will it be good support for application.

thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:18 pm

Yes, it doesn't have to be in joint names. Individual names is fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

asjakkas2
India

Post by asjakkas2 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:10 am

Thanks
Casa, really helpful

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:59 pm

asjakkas2 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:10 am
Thanks
Casa, really helpful
CR001 :wink:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.