ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship/ILR for child born in UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vinoit
Mood:
India

Citizenship/ILR for child born in UK

Post by vinoit » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:02 pm

Hey Experts,

I am currently in Tier 2 General visa. I am eligible for ILR this August. My boy born(2016) here in the UK and he is in Tier-2 dependent visa valid until Feb 2019( We applied because we went to India last year).

We planning to send him to India with my Mother for 3-4 months. But wondering, will this effect by any means of his eligibility for ILR or Citizenship?

I heard that once I switched to ILR, I can apply Citizenship for my boy as he born in the UK. Is that right?

Thanks for your help in advance. :)

Thanks,
Vinoth :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship/ILR for child born in UK

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:04 pm

We planning to send him to India with my Mother for 3-4 months. But wondering, will this effect by any means of his eligibility for ILR or Citizenship?
No.
I heard that once I switched to ILR, I can apply Citizenship for my boy as he born in the UK. Is that right?
Yes. He also does not require ILR first. A UK born child has an entitlement to apply to register as British once EITHER parent is granted ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinoit
Mood:
India

Re: Citizenship/ILR for child born in UK

Post by vinoit » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:48 pm

Thanks a lot for your response. It's really helpful. :)