ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I travel to UK as a Visitor while Tier 2 CoS is being processed?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KeiKei
Newly Registered
Australia

Can I travel to UK as a Visitor while Tier 2 CoS is being processed?

Post by KeiKei » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:39 am

Hi All,

I am an Australian and awaiting my CoS allocation for the Tier 2 Visa (have been 'refused' December and January with 32 points. Not confident I will get it in Feb either...)

I need to be in the UK (not for work purposes) mid-Feb/March and was wondering if anyone knows if there would be any problems for me to enter the UK as a tourist (Australians get 6 months free entry as a tourist), while the CoS application is still being processed? I am worried I might be denied entry at Customs, or worse, the Visa refused. I don't think I would be breaking any rules, but just want to check!

Any advice would be much appreciated!

KeiKei
Newly Registered
Australia

Australian applying for Tier 2 Visa from Germany?

Post by KeiKei » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:42 am

Hi All,

Another question... I have my a Residency Permit for Germany (Working Holiday Visa) and was wondering if I can apply for the Tier 2 Visa from Berlin? According to UK Immigration, I am allowed to make my application from a country of residence, but just want to check if anyone has done this before, and if so, what needs to be done?

Is it just a case of applying online and then booking an appointment with the British Consulate in Berlin? Can't seem to find info anywhere...

Cheers!

Noname36
inactive
Australia

Re: Can I travel to UK as a Visitor while Tier 2 CoS is being processed?

Post by Noname36 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:09 am

I’m actually in the exact same position and a tad concerned I won’t be let in myself because my tier 5 visa only recently expired. I’m sure as long as you have a flight booked to prove you’re leaving the UK again (within that 6 months) you’ll be absolutely fine. I don’t think applying for COS will make a difference to this at all, especially since you haven’t even applied for your visa yet.

vinny

Re: Australian applying for Tier 2 Visa from Germany?

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:37 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:34 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

KeiKei
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by KeiKei » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:16 am

Noname36 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:09 am
I’m actually in the exact same position and a tad concerned I won’t be let in myself because my tier 5 visa only recently expired. I’m sure as long as you have a flight booked to prove you’re leaving the UK again (within that 6 months) you’ll be absolutely fine. I don’t think applying for COS will make a difference to this at all, especially since you haven’t even applied for your visa yet.
I ended up emailing UKVI (for the ridiculous fee of £5.40!), just to be safe! They said it's fine as long as you don't overstay the 180 days tourist visit allowance.

You should have no problems as long as you didn't overstay your Tier 5 expiry date. I re-entered the UK 10 months after mine expired and it was fine, the only annoying thing is that they ask you heaps of questions about why you're there and about your funds etc. Best to have your return ticket and bank statement printed out!

Noname36
inactive
Australia

Post by Noname36 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:09 am

KeiKei wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:16 am
Noname36 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:09 am
I ended up emailing UKVI (for the ridiculous fee of £5.40!), just to be safe! They said it's fine as long as you don't overstay the 180 days tourist visit allowance.

You should have no problems as long as you didn't overstay your Tier 5 expiry date. I re-entered the UK 10 months after mine expired and it was fine, the only annoying thing is that they ask you heaps of questions about why you're there and about your funds etc. Best to have your return ticket and bank statement printed out!
Thank you for that! I think I will be all good too then. I left about a month before my tier 5 expiry date (I knew I’d be applying for tier 2 so I played it really safe because I didn’t want to give them anything that could potentially raise red flags against me). Plus i’ll have a return ticket for 2 weeks later.