ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for MN1 while using online form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lanrezy
Nigeria

Documents for MN1 while using online form

Post by lanrezy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:06 am

Hi Everyone,

I have my ILR (Tier 2 Migrant route) appointment in the next few days and I intend to apply using the MN1 online form for my 2 daughters (Born in UK) Immediately hopefully after my ILR is successful.

I have filled the online MN1 form till the end and I just want a bit of clarification from experienced members.
In the past I have read that Parent's passport have to be submitted as well as BRP but in this case these are what are listed.

1. Child's passport
2. Proof of Parental responsibility (Birth Certificate)
3. If the child told us that their parent is settled in the UK then you must provide us evidence of their settled status. This could include a BRP, a letter from Home Office, an endorsement in their passport or another document certifying permanent residence.
4. Child's parents marriage certificate
5. Two referee declarations
6. Child current BRP (if any)
7. If the child told us that their parent is a British citizen then you must provide us evidence of their status. This could include British passport, a certificate of citizenship or their birth certificate.

Question 1: Based on the documents listed, I cannot find anywhere that the parents passport are required for settled status or that it is compulsory to include BRP ( a letter from Home office will be enough), does anyone agree with me or have different opinion?

Question 2: Are we required to send both Original and photocopies of all documents? As I cannot find anywhere asking for photocopies. Definitely original must be sent.

I will appreciate it if anyone can answer my 2 questions.

Kind Regards

lanrezy
Nigeria

Re: Documents for MN1 while using online form

Post by lanrezy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:07 am

Also required is

8. A signed declaration by both parents consenting to the application

Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:57 am

Question 1: Based on the documents listed, I cannot find anywhere that the parents passport are required for settled status or that it is compulsory to include BRP ( a letter from Home office will be enough), does anyone agree with me or have different opinion?
Passport and BRP is required.
Question 2: Are we required to send both Original and photocopies of all documents? As I cannot find anywhere asking for photocopies. Definitely original must be sent.
Only originals.

You could make it easier for yourself and apply using the paper form through NCS at the council where you can apply for citizenship and passport at the same time and you get to keep all your original documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:40 am

lanrezy wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:06 am
Hi Everyone,

I have my ILR (Tier 2 Migrant route) appointment in the next few days and I intend to apply using the MN1 online form for my 2 daughters (Born in UK) Immediately hopefully after my ILR is successful.

I have filled the online MN1 form till the end and I just want a bit of clarification from experienced members.
In the past I have read that Parent's passport have to be submitted as well as BRP but in this case these are what are listed.

1. Child's passport
2. Proof of Parental responsibility (Birth Certificate)
3. If the child told us that their parent is settled in the UK then you must provide us evidence of their settled status. This could include a BRP, a letter from Home Office, an endorsement in their passport or another document certifying permanent residence.
4. Child's parents marriage certificate
5. Two referee declarations
6. Child current BRP (if any)
7. If the child told us that their parent is a British citizen then you must provide us evidence of their status. This could include British passport, a certificate of citizenship or their birth certificate.

I will appreciate it if anyone can answer my 2 questions.

Kind Regards
As suggested by CR001. apply via NCS (JCAP). Theyll make sure everything is correct. I remember when I had applied I had few mistakes in the form and they corrected.
They took all the copies required and return originals. So not a bad idea
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

lanrezy
Nigeria

Post by lanrezy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:58 pm

Thank you for your kind suggestions