ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer Letters for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vivek86
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Employer Letters for ILR

Post by vivek86 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:46 pm

Hi,

I am on Tier 2 General, and I am thinking of applying for ILR by 2nd week of March 2018. I have few questions regarding my application.

1. When is the earliest date I can get letters from my Employer for Absence confirmation and other details?

2. Does the HR person need to physically sign all the letters confirming my pay and absence ? My HR is in the US, can someone please confirm if the confirmation letters are acceptable as long as they are on employers letterhead and it has HR person's name and contact details?

3. P60 Forms have the address details of the US office but the name is in the format of 'Company Name UK''. Is it safe to Submit Income history document from HMRC? or the P60 with US office address would be ok?

Can someone please respond to my above questions?

Thanks.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Employer Letters for ILR

Post by makky86 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:10 pm

1. When is the earliest date I can get letters from my Employer for Absence confirmation and other details?
Previous employer: Any time

Current employer: Within 1 month of appointment date
2. Does the HR person need to physically sign all the letters confirming my pay and absence ? My HR is in the US, can someone please confirm if the confirmation letters are acceptable as long as they are on employers letterhead and it has HR person's name and contact details?

Can you requets them to send you original pay slips. You must have local HR so ask them.
3. P60 Forms have the address details of the US office but the name is in the format of 'Company Name UK''. Is it safe to Submit Income history document from HMRC? or the P60 with US office address would be ok?
P60 is NOT NOT required. Dont add uncessary docs which are not erequired.

What other docs you're providing?
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

vivek86
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by vivek86 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:18 pm

Thanks for your reply. Few clarifications as below
1. My Previous employer has been acquired by another organisation so I am thinking to provide a self declaration letter for the holiday dates.

2. My Pay slips are available online through a portal so I'll be downlaoding them. We don't have a local HR, it's a US firm so everything is managed from the US.

3. I have seen few threads stating P60 or HMRC Pay history forms have been submitted for Tier 2 to ILR application process.
Other documents I will be including with my application
- Life in the UK test certificate
- UK - Masters degree certificate
- 3 Months Bank statements (I understand fund maintenance is not required)
- 3 months Pay slips(will be printing off from the portal)
- Employer confirming I am still required for the job
- Employer confirmaing my Salary
- Employer - Absence letters from Current employment(nearly 4 years)
- Self declaration letter - Absence for 1 year in previous employment
- Passport
- Visa - BRP card
- SET(O) Application form
- P60 forms( now you have said its not required)

Can you please reply back to confirm if the above documents are sufficient or have I missed anything?

vivek86
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by vivek86 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:56 am

Can soemone please reply to my above post?

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:07 am

1. My Previous employer has been acquired by another organisation so I am thinking to provide a self declaration letter for the holiday dates.
Have tou contacted the new organsitatino ? Its worth emailing them and attaching it as proof.
2. My Pay slips are available online through a portal so I'll be downlaoding them. We don't have a local HR, it's a US firm so everything is managed from the US.
Ask your HR in US to post origianl pay slips.

P60 forms( now you have said its not required)
Not required

vivek86
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by vivek86 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:51 am

Hi,

1. I'll try reaching out to the New organisation requesting a letter to confirm my annual holiday allowance for the first year of my Tier 2 period.

2. I think I can only download the payslips from the portal because we don't get it in a paper format.

Concerns
- My Pay slips have the US Office address, is that still acceptable ?
- The letters I get from HR confirming my absence and other details, do I have to get a physical signature and post the letters from US over to me? or I can get it just with her name and contact details?

Thanks

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:05 pm

- My Pay slips have the US Office address, is that still acceptable ?
Yes, as long as same amount is shown in your bank statement.

- The letters I get from HR confirming my absence and other details, do I have to get a physical signature and post the letters from US over to me? or I can get it just with her name and contact details?
Yes, it has to be original with someone' signature. This way you are avoiding unncessary delayws

vivek86
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by vivek86 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:06 pm

Thanks. I have 2 more questions

1. SOC code
Initially, I was offered the position as 'Implementation Manager' and the relevant SOC code for "Implementation Manager" role is 2134 but the law firm has entered the title as 'Salesforce Consultant on the sponsor system.

After a year, my job role was changed to 'Sales Engineer' and there was a change in salary which my HR checked with the law firm and said we should be good. Now I am in the process to check whats been recorded in the sponsor system so that we can update the system to reflect the salary and bonus.

Concern - Can I still use the code 2134(which is meant for Project Managers) and mention the title as "Salesforce Consultant" on the letters from my employer so that it matches with the sponsor system details.

If we add bonus to the sponsor system, would that be an issue at this stage because we did not add it in the first place?

Sorry, the organisation is US based and we did not have anyone here to update the sponsor system.

2. When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date you entered the
UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.
Is this the start date of my first Tier 2 General visa ?

Regards,
vivek

vivek86
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by vivek86 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:05 pm

Can you please reply back to my above post?