ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I stay in the UK for a couple of months after current T2 visa expiry but only have a job offer before expiry date

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bojie
Newly Registered
China

Can I stay in the UK for a couple of months after current T2 visa expiry but only have a job offer before expiry date

Post by bojie » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:00 pm

Dear officer,

When I change sponsor of my T2 visa, can I stay in the UK for a couple of months after my T2 visa expiry but I have a new job offer before the expiry date? Can my new sponsor process my visa application During the couple of months after the expiry date?

For example, my current job contract will finish on 28 Feb 2018 while my T2 visa will expire on 14 March 2018. If I only have a new job offer from a new employer before 28 Feb while I don't have a new T2 visa. Can I stay in the UK for a couple of months to let my new sponsor to process my visa application after 14 March?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can I stay in the UK for a couple of months after current T2 visa expiry but only have a job offer before expiry dat

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:15 pm

You must apply for your new visa BEFORE your current visa expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bojie
Newly Registered
China

Re: Can I stay in the UK for a couple of months after current T2 visa expiry but only have a job offer before expiry dat

Post by bojie » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:27 pm

If I get a COS letter before my visa expire, Can I apply a new T2 visa after the expiry date?

bojie
Newly Registered
China

Post by bojie » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:28 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:15 pm
You must apply for your new visa BEFORE your current visa expires.
If I get a COS letter before my visa expires, can I apply a new T2 visa after the expiry date?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:43 pm

You need to APPLY before your visa expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.