ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship for toddler who doesn't have a passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pillaipraveen
Newly Registered

British citizenship for toddler who doesn't have a passport

Post by pillaipraveen » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:48 pm

Dear all,

I will greatly appreciate your comment on my case explained below.

I am an Indian citizen on Tier 2 General Visa and I will apply for ILR on 19 Feb 2018 at a premium application centre. My son was born in the UK on 30 Nov 2017 and he doesn't have an Indian passport since I didn't get a chance to apply for one since he was born only a month ago. He does have a UK birth certificate and also an Indian birth certificate. My son also doesn't have a Tier 2 dependent visa at the moment.

Based on the case/status described above -

1. Can I register my son as a British Citizen soon after securing ILR on 19 February 2018?
2. If this is not possible, then for my son to register as a British citizen is this what I should do? Get an Indian passport, get a dependent visa and then apply for British citizenship?
3. If 1. is possible, then given its 3-4 months to register my son as a British Citizen, would it be possible for my son to travel to India and re-enter the UK in late April with the help of any documentation that shows that his citizenship is being processed?
4. Is there a premium / fast track service to complete citizenship registration?

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,
Praveen.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British citizenship for toddler who doesn't have a passport

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:51 pm

1. Yes, once you have your ILR BRP card.

2. See #1 above.

3. No, he will need a visa to re-enter the UK. Having an application for citizenship pending does not give him any rights. He won't even be able to board a plane to come back without a visa. You will also need an Indian passport.

4. No there is not. Postal, online or through NCS at the Council.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pillaipraveen
Newly Registered

Post by pillaipraveen » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:51 pm
1. Yes, once you have your ILR BRP card.

2. See #1 above.

3. No, he will need a visa to re-enter the UK. Having an application for citizenship pending does not give him any rights. He won't even be able to board a plane to come back without a visa. You will also need an Indian passport.

4. No there is not. Postal, online or through NCS at the Council.
Thank you very much. But in the application, it asks for child's passport details. What should I provide there?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:54 pm

He doesn't need a passport if he is UK born.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pillaipraveen
Newly Registered

Post by pillaipraveen » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:55 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:54 pm
He doesn't need a passport if he is UK born.
Great. Thank you very much.