ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can Assess to my Child ruin my ex-wife's humanitarian leave to remain ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chapelle
Newly Registered

Can Assess to my Child ruin my ex-wife's humanitarian leave to remain ?

Post by chapelle » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:15 pm

Hi all,

I have some worries as to the above subject.
Basically,my wife and I have been separated for over a yr and half based on domestic violence, she and my 2yr old son were previously my dependent on a tier 2 visa but now DLR, granted somewhere October last year.
We both are now on a new RESET clock of leave to remain, as mine has moved into FLR-FP parent route of another child( BC) until we gain right of settlement (ie ILR).
I am not really concerned about the stories she must have put forward to HO in order to have her current status, I happy that my son is still in UK. But my worry is, if she finally allow me contact to see and support my child and finally get a divorce, will that affect her DLR during the extension? I have been making all effort for a year to reach her and may soon get a clue of her whereabout which can enable request the court for child contact.

Please your advice is very needed.

chapelle
Newly Registered

Re: Can Assess to my Child ruin my ex-wife's humanitarian leave to remain ?

Post by chapelle » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:14 pm

Hi all,

Please can anyone with some experience or knowledge help me with some advice please?

All my aim for this query is not to make things difficult for my ex if eventually I have assess to my child.

To be specific, will my assess to my child ruin her recourse to public fun if any?

Thanks in advance.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:37 am

Her status will be fine, but if she was a victim of domestic violence from you, the court may not allow you to see her.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

chapelle
Newly Registered

Post by chapelle » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:08 am

Thank you Obie for your response.

Just to clear, the court found me not guilty and afterwards I refused to stay with her under same roof. I was not given any restraining order or warning but she just disappear with my son still.