ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation question (Witnesses)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gorgeous
Ireland

Naturalisation question (Witnesses)

Post by gorgeous » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:10 am

Hi guys,

I'm applying for naturalisation based on my civil partnership with an Irish Citizen, and it requests three Irish people to sign the naturalisation form. Can my partner sign it as well? Considering that he is already signing the Affidavit?

Thanks!

chels
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Naturalisation question (Witnesses)

Post by chels » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:07 am

I applied on the same basis (January 2017) and remember wondering the same thing. In the end I went with 2 additional people (i.e. other than my partner) just to be on the safe side as I didn't want anything to hold up my application unnecessarily

...Although its been almost a year now so I reckon my anticipation of a speedy process was wishful thinking! :lol:

Ali0857
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Ali0857 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:28 am

I don't think anybody contact witness.. but for the safe side jus ask any of your irish friend .. i asked my boss n his brother to sign ...

Now a days they r lookin for a reason to refuse the application.. my friend got his citizenship application refuse ( after a year and 3 month) bcz he overstayed only 2 days in his country . N he got a letter sayin you are 2 days short accordin to residency calculator...

So be careful recheck everythin n don't give thm a chance :)
๐Ÿš™...................................๐Ÿš“ ๐Ÿš“..๐Ÿš“...๐Ÿš“
๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฎโค๏ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ฐ

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:49 am

Ali0857 wrote: โ†‘
Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:28 am
I don't think anybody contact witness.. but for the safe side jus ask any of your irish friend .. i asked my boss n his brother to sign ...

Now a days they r lookin for a reason to refuse the application.. my friend got his citizenship application refuse ( after a year and 3 month) bcz he overstayed only 2 days in his country . N he got a letter sayin you are 2 days short accordin to residency calculator...

So be careful recheck everythin n don't give thm a chance :)
Was his overstay during the previous consecutive year or in the years before? This is crazy though!

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:51 am

P.S. That's why I am holding off from applying, because I have one month overstay in the previous year and two and half months overstay in year 2015.
Do you think the overstay in 2015 won't matter and only the one in the previous year counts the most?

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:23 pm

Ali0857: if the letter is saying he is 2 days short according to residency calculator then its not a matter of him overstaying his visa for 2 days it is simply that at the time of his application he didnโ€™t qualify to apply if he would have applied 2 days after(while legally resident in state) from the date of his application then result might have been different he simply didnโ€™t have enough days in his legal residence to apply although i understand that refused application after 3 years of wait PAINFUL!.

But this is what i donโ€™t understand how come your friend go over second stage of the process when he was not qualify to begin with ( im sure they sent him second stage letter in three years ??)

Also overstaying visa is recognised as unlawful residence in the state and this can be consider when making decision

Ali0857
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Ali0857 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:59 am

Alixlboy wrote: โ†‘
Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:51 am
P.S. That's why I am holding off from applying, because I have one month overstay in the previous year and two and half months overstay in year 2015.
Do you think the overstay in 2015 won't matter and only the one in the previous year counts the most?
Bro I'll highly recommend tha please wait 2 months more thn .. n make 110% sure tha your days has been completed..
๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฎโค๏ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ฐ

Ali0857
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Ali0857 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:07 am

Mal111 wrote: โ†‘
Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:23 pm
Ali0857: if the letter is saying he is 2 days short according to residency calculator then its not a matter of him overstaying his visa for 2 days it is simply that at the time of his application he didnโ€™t qualify to apply if he would have applied 2 days after(while legally resident in state) from the date of his application then result might have been different he simply didnโ€™t have enough days in his legal residence to apply although i understand that refused application after 3 years of wait PAINFUL!.

But this is what i donโ€™t understand how come your friend go over second stage of the process when he was not qualify to begin with ( im sure they sent him second stage letter in three years ??)

Also overstaying visa is recognised as unlawful residence in the state and this can be consider when making decision

Well bro its not 3 years .. its 1 year 3 month . And he said he got 1 letter in oct 2016 sayin " We hv received your application " and thn he got 2nd letter after 15 months sayin " your days are not complete.. and also told him tha he can apply again .
I know my Friend made a mistake too but why they didn't refuse his application within a month or 2 ... just unbelievable ...
๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฎโค๏ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ฐ

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:11 am

yea I read the time wrong altho 1 year 3 months is still way too long this should have detected in the first few weeks of submitting application.

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:31 pm

Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:59 am
Alixlboy wrote: โ†‘
Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:51 am
Bro I'll highly recommend tha please wait 2 months more thn .. n make 110% sure tha your days has been completed..
Thanks for the brotherly advice and I am highly obliged. I am going to wait and apply after 2 months (in sha Allah!)

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:37 pm

Also, did your friend have a gap of 2 days in the previous consecutive year or the years before? This is truly crazy the way they are handling the naturalization applications these days. Brexit can also be blamed I think. A sudden rush of applications from the UK side was neither expected nor welcome by the Irish Immigration I think and they are refusing a lot of applications of non-UK people without any reason as well, which is crazy, because it was never like that before.

Ali0857
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Ali0857 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:39 am

So I asked my friend and he sent me pic of the letter on whatsapp ...which says clearly

6 weeks absence is allowed and my friend went home for 6weeks and 1 day in 2016 and same in 2015 6weeks and 1 day over .. So INIS count his absence on 43 days of each year ..

So total of 86 days absence

He applied well over 2 months ..but INIS said Your residency was calculated and you are still 12 days short bcz you stayed more thn 6 weeks and those days are not reckonable for the purpose of bla bla bla terms ..

He applied OCT 2016

Application rejected few days ago .. Jan 2018

No sign of any letter in 2017 at all ...
๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฎโค๏ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ฐ

Ali0857
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Ali0857 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:54 am

SO GUYS IF YOU WENT ON HOLIDAYS

For EXAMPLE 6 WEEKS AND 3 DAYS .. SO COUNT YOUR ABSENCE OF 45 DAYS ...

BCZ MANY PPL BELIEVE THA ITS ABSENCE OF 3 DAYS BCZ 6 WEEKS A YEAR ARE ALLOWED ..IN THIS CASE THEY ARE 100% WRONG ...
๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฎโค๏ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ฐ

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:00 am

Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:39 am
So I asked my friend and he sent me pic of the letter on whatsapp ...which says clearly

6 weeks absence is allowed and my friend went home for 6weeks and 1 day in 2016 and same in 2015 6weeks and 1 day over .. So INIS count his absence on 43 days of each year ..

So total of 86 days absence

He applied well over 2 months ..but INIS said Your residency was calculated and you are still 12 days short bcz you stayed more thn 6 weeks and those days are not reckonable for the purpose of bla bla bla terms ..

He applied OCT 2016

Application rejected few days ago .. Jan 2018

No sign of any letter in 2017 at all ...
This is insanity. They took a long time to refuse the application, while it would already have taken a lot more than 12 days to actually start and process the application from the applicant. How stupid I wonder!!

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:00 am

Thanks for letting us know anyway! Stay blessed.

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:33 am

Below is the copy/paste reply that I have received from them twice. Anyone knows what that really means? What are they even trying to say? Do family emergencies count as an exception to the disastrous 6 weeks rule or not? As my absence was due to a family emergency.

Dear xxx,

Thank you for your email. A reasonable and generous period of up to 6 weeks
is allowed to provide for absences from the State for normal holidays and
other short term and temporary nature absences, such as for a family
bereavement. The onus is on the applicant to ensure that their registration
with GNIB is kept up to date. Absences of more than 6 weeks in any year
need to be listed and a brief note explaining the reason for each absence
need to be submitted your application for naturalisation. Absences
totalling 6 weeks or more in any year will be deducted in their entirety
from your reckonable residence in the State

Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:15 am

its pretty clear in their reply emergencies are out side the scope of 6 weeks count but you have to provide details on your application and they may ask you for proof for medical bills an such

any unnecessary period spent out side state over six weeks should be deducted from the residency calculator but here is the complication if that absence is inside the year prior to application and you go over 6 weeks for example by 1 day I don't think deducting 1 day or in fact deducting 43 days will solve the issue I think INIS consider the rule of continues residence is broken and you have to wait further 365 days from the day you were back in the state and then apply for citizenship.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:28 am

sorry I misunderstood the citizenship office email u posted I think they are saying if your out of six weeks or more deduct the whole period from the residency calculator

however I stand on my absence in previous year comment.

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:47 am

Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:28 am
sorry I misunderstood the citizenship office email u posted I think they are saying if your out of six weeks or more deduct the whole period from the residency calculator

however I stand on my absence in previous year comment.
Yeah, they said that any holidays longer than 6 months would be deducted in entirety I.e. if it's only one day over, then 6 months plus 1 day will be deducted.
Also, you are right on your point about the previous year consecutive to the application. It has to be continuous in the terms that there cannot be more than 6 weeks holidays, otherwise, continuity will be broken.
However, do you still think that emergency absences in the years previous to the last consecutive year, can be an exception, provided that we can provide proofs about it?

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:17 pm

well you have to email them and ask for specifics
some thing like following
'' please note I was absent from the state for over 6 weeks in xx year this was due to a medical emergency when I will apply for citizenship I will detail the reason of this absence with evidences as well, please advise if that period should be excluded from the residency calculator.

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:43 pm

Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:17 pm
well you have to email them and ask for specifics
some thing like following
'' please note I was absent from the state for over 6 weeks in xx year this was due to a medical emergency when I will apply for citizenship I will detail the reason of this absence with evidences as well, please advise if that period should be excluded from the residency calculator.
Yeah, I think that's the only way left. In the past people used to get away with that easily. For example, my friend spent 6 months in row and got his application approved. He simply provided the written explanation.

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:44 pm

Thanks for your help anyways

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:13 pm

Ok, so this is something that I clearly do not get.

Is it 6 weeks in a period of 365 days or 6 consecutive weeks?

Also, I presume that going home one wouldn't get their passport stamped, only when coming back into Ireland, right? So, how do they know that you were in your country?

For example, whenever I go to my country I never get my passport stamped when leaving the EU, but I do when coming back, and there's just this stamp there alone in my passport. How do they know where I'm coming from if it doesn't say anything?

This is a bit of a grey area for me.

Thanks!

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:33 pm

gorgeous wrote: โ†‘
Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:13 pm
Ok, so this is something that I clearly do not get.

Is it 6 weeks in a period of 365 days or 6 consecutive weeks?

Also, I presume that going home one wouldn't get their passport stamped, only when coming back into Ireland, right? So, how do they know that you were in your country?

For example, whenever I go to my country I never get my passport stamped when leaving the EU, but I do when coming back, and there's just this stamp there alone in my passport. How do they know where I'm coming from if it doesn't say anything?

This is a bit of a grey area for me.

Thanks!
FYI - Please click the below link and read the new rules. I believe we going to have to fight against this newly introduced ''evil'' rule first and foremost. It is extremely confusing and makes no sense whatsoever, as anyone can have an emergency and this is also against the 'freedom of movement' of the EU people and their spouses.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland ... -1.3369835