ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa - Financial Requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mr Smith
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UK Spouse Visa - Financial Requirements

Post by Mr Smith » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:08 am

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to pick some brains on the forum, I wanted to know that if I am in full time regular PAYE employment, but also do some work part time on a Self Employed basis along side my regular job, can I use this also as part of meeting the financial requirements for a spouse Visa application?

I have read through the official information, but find it rather confusing with all the different aspects and ifs and buts of it all.

Much appreciated, thanks!!

vinny

Re: UK Spouse Visa - Financial Requirements

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:46 pm

Paragraph 13(e) seems to allow the combination. Self-employment is subject to paragraph 7.
Mr Smith wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:08 am
I have read through the official information, but find it rather confusing with all the different aspects and ifs and buts of it all.
Many would agree that the rules are too complex.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ajwilo
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ajwilo » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:22 pm

Mr Smith wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:08 am
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to pick some brains on the forum, I wanted to know that if I am in full time regular PAYE employment, but also do some work part time on a Self Employed basis along side my regular job, can I use this also as part of meeting the financial requirements for a spouse Visa application?

Much appreciated, thanks!!
Hi,

Yes - you can combine PAYE earnings with self-employed earnings. The one combination they won't allow, is self-employed earnings with savings. Remember, you just have to meet the requirement. If you meet it exactly to the £, it's the same as if you meet it with £15k to spare. So if you meet it with your employed income, don't declare your self-employed income as well.

If you need to declare your self-employed income in order to meet the requirement, remember the extra documents you'll need to provide. They include bank statements for the entire previous tax year showing your self-employed income being paid into your account; copy (print-out) of HMRC tax return for previous tax year; letter of confirmation from certified accountant saying that you did indeed earn what you claim to have earned; unaudited accounts from accountant (it's just a sheet of paper stating what you earned minus expenses); some evidence showing ongoing self-employment - this includes letter from person/organisation stating that they engage your self-employed services, and recent bank statement (no older than 3 months prior to application) showing income from self-employment.

Mr Smith
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mr Smith » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:30 pm

Thanks both of you for the replies, it is much appreciated. If I combine my full time work and the part time Self employed work I do along side it, I meet the financial criteria for my Fiancee and her Daughter once we are married.

This whole Immigration thing is such a maze of information, I'm glad I found this forum!