ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(o) form 2018 6years discretionary leave

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

TounSii
Newly Registered
Tunisia

SET(o) form 2018 6years discretionary leave

Post by TounSii » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:45 am

Hi all
I’m a bit confused I’m filling form SET(0) after
3years visa x 2 times discretionary leave
Do I need to include all proof since 2012 for me and my wife that we live together (like bills council tax bank statements)
- also they asking are you getting any benefits?
Me my wife we have kids and we getting only child benefits & child tax credits should I answer YES or No ( only myself applying) .

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: SET(o) form 2018 6years discretionary leave

Post by CMOSUK » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:00 pm

TounSii wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:45 am
Hi all
I’m a bit confused I’m filling form SET(0) after
3years visa x 2 times discretionary leave
Do I need to include all proof since 2012 for me and my wife that we live together (like bills council tax bank statements)
- also they asking are you getting any benefits?
Me my wife we have kids and we getting only child benefits & child tax credits should I answer YES or No ( only myself applying) .
Yes, just out of curiosity, who is actually claiming the benefits, you or your wife?

To my understanding , yes, you would need to show cohabitation documents for the period of last grant, in this case 3 years as DLR is granted (under transitional Arrangements) for a period of 3 years at a time.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

TounSii
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Post by TounSii » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:18 pm

Well the claim is joint claim,child tax credit calculate my income but I can see clearly that is in my wife name but they included my name as joint claim for both child benefits & and child tax credit ( which any family in uk they have depends on the father income)

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:17 pm

TounSii wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:18 pm
Well the claim is joint claim,child tax credit calculate my income but I can see clearly that is in my wife name but they included my name as joint claim for both child benefits & and child tax credit ( which any family in uk they have depends on the father income)
It should be OK either way, again as you were granted DLR before 9 July 2012, and as long as you don't have the '' no recourse to public funds'' conditions attached to your BRP and letters. You would be entitled to claim public funds as per the DLR policy guidance.

Discretionary leave

Hope this helps.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

TounSii
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Post by TounSii » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:53 pm

CMOSUK wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:17 pm
TounSii wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:18 pm
It should be OK either way, again as you were granted DLR before 9 July 2012, and as long as you don't have the '' no recourse to public funds'' conditions attached to your BRP and letters. You would be entitled to claim public funds as per the DLR policy guidance.

Discretionary leave

Hope this helps.
Thank you for your reply .