ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Upper tribunal dismissed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Vaksa
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Upper tribunal dismissed

Post by Vaksa » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:14 pm

My appeal was dismissed at upper tribunal , my lawyer says nothing he can do !!!
Shortly I have 2 children 9.5 , and 7 , both were born here , me and my husband from different countries , overstayed , trying to regulise ourselves for last 5 years , spent fortune to lawyers and court , now upper tribunal dissmissed !! Can we be deported , I have only to my children now about the situation , both crying say they want to live here , what have I done , it's not their fault 😭Please help

2017Freedom

Re: Upper tribunal dismissed

Post by 2017Freedom » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:44 pm

Try to submit a fresh claim based on private family life ( even I'm sorry I don't know all the circumstances ) but at least you have to have some sort of application in ..

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:55 pm

Vaksa wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:14 pm
My appeal was dismissed at upper tribunal , my lawyer says nothing he can do !!!
Shortly I have 2 children 9.5 , and 7 , both were born here , me and my husband from different countries , overstayed , trying to regulise ourselves for last 5 years , spent fortune to lawyers and court , now upper tribunal dissmissed !! Can we be deported , I have only to my children now about the situation , both crying say they want to live here , what have I done , it's not their fault 😭Please help
You need to write your full timeline before anyone can give you advice on here.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:07 am

Why did they refuse you. Unless you have a poor immigration history, or your lawyer was too crap or the judge was too mean-spirited, i thing it was harsh for your appeal to have been dismissed.

Probably need to save up for a section 1(4) application for the 9 years 5 months old. That may improve the prospect of success.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:17 am

Did they refuse the children too or just the parents?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Vaksa
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Vaksa » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:41 am

Ok basically I came to uk on student visa in 2004 , , met my now husband then , he was overstayed , we got married in 2008 , had a first child , applies for him in 2009 , they refused .
Then other child came along in 2010 , I still had a visa till 2011 , for some idiotic reasons I didn't extend it then .
In 2012 we applied for family outside in migration rules , my daughter as them 5 , and my husband was here 9.5 years.
So they have refused because :
1.the child is not 7
2. He not in the U.K. For 14 years .

Ok , we have aplied with a good lawyer , as it seemed .
Refusal .
1. Yes the child is 7 , so what , it's still reasonable for all your family to relocate , even though we both from different counties .
2. You need to be in the country for 20 years !!???? ?!!!
Where is any humanity ?
No right to sppeal , had a Judge review , then applied to first tier tribunal had a court after one year of waiting .
Had the meanest judge in the whale world , I cried in the court , he said no .
Dismissed .
Sent the desission within few weeks .
Applied to upper tribunal , they have refused , said the judge didn't make any error.
So I spoke to my children on Friday when received a letter . They are very confused " mummy why do we need to be ckicked out of the country , we are British right , we were born here "
I can't explain the feeling .
What do I do where is the justice , human rights , they are not 3!!! My daughter is 9.4 , and my son is 7.3 . They couldn't sleep last night , this isn't they're fault , they belong here , they obviously speak English between themselves .
Fresh application probably wouldn't make any difference , as first born is not 10 .

Vaksa
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Vaksa » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:07 am

Oh yes , and in our human rights application we had a judge who is a part time criminal judge !

My question is what can I do now , is there anything at all ? At the moment I can't just leave , my kids said they wouldn't leave their friends here 😭😭

Vaksa
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Vaksa » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:11 am

We are already been going to sign every month to the home office , what would happen now , will they ask us to leave , or we can be deported ? Can they come to us , as obviously they know the address , what would my children feel if that happens ??😱😨😨😨the lawyer said technically they can !😨

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:14 am

Did you not compile an expert report explaining the effect of removal on the child?

It is an error of law for a judge to simply say it is normal for child to return with parents. He or she is required to give reasons weighing against you.

The caselaw states that the fact that they have lived here for 7 years is a fact which should be given significant weight and that absent any countervailing factors, there is a presumption that leave will be granted.

If the judge failed to adopt such approach, then he or she erred in law.

Vaksa
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Vaksa » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:37 am

It says 7 years , but it's still reasonable for a child to live the country with both parents . And he included the case with Pakistan I can't remember the name , now the upper tribunal came back as no error was made , its like everyone is against me

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:43 am

Doesn’t look hopeful.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Vaksa
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Vaksa » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:01 am

But there is always a way ! Must be something we can do

bella27
Newly Registered

Post by bella27 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:35 am

Almost similar to our situation never loose hope you should apply FLR PP , for me i never talk to my kids i did want to confused them even on meeting HO ask us if we have tell them we say no we can not as the believe their British. we was put on reporting every two week then it was change to six mth . we still waiting for our FLR application but our daughter was granted 30 mth she will be 10 this march.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:52 am

bella27 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:35 am
but our daughter was granted 30 mth she will be 10 this march.
If she was born in the UK, then register her when she’s 10.

Vaksa
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Vaksa » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:14 pm

Wow , thanks for that , why only 30 months ? She should be British , and you didn't get anything ??
Any permit , its rediculous how they not considering children's interests al all , and say they do !

Vaksa
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Vaksa » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:15 pm

She was born here in the uk , but she would be 10 in October , what do we do now?

bella27
Newly Registered

Post by bella27 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:18 pm

vinny wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:52 am
bella27 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:35 am
but our daughter was granted 30 mth she will be 10 this march.
If she was born in the UK, then register her when she’s 10.
Thank you for the link, she was born here and she never go any where.

Vaksa
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Vaksa » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:25 pm

The problem is we have applied for FLR when she was 7 , and were refused , as it's reasonable , and the court refused but she is now 9,5 and she said she would stay to leave here with her friend , this would be a very stressful seruanion for her

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:29 pm

That is inconsistent with the law. If children are granted leave, so should parents, otherwise the children's rights could not be properly exercised.

Vaksa
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Vaksa » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:34 pm

Any suggestions for our case please , if we haven't got any valid application , and we can't apply for my daughter to register her a british before October , can we be ckicked out of the country ??

bella27
Newly Registered

Post by bella27 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:19 pm

In our case we did not have money for all family of 5 , so we only pay for our daughter with cover letter for to consider us , but never consider even to mention us, after the grant her we thought we could wait for us to apply when she become British but we was not able to wait as they send letter for revocation of my driving licence we did not have choice is to make application. You have to do something on our case they was moving very faster every week sad letter it was hard time.

Vaksa
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Vaksa » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:41 pm

Oh Dear , thanks for the info

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:34 pm

vinny wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:43 am
Doesn’t look hopeful.
In all honesty, i am not sure those two cases highlighted are authority. In the case of the first, there is the second appeal test question. The Cart Criteria was met. In the case of the Second, Judge Southern case is not an authority, and in my view it does not appear to have applied the case law according to its letter and spirit.

I believe the leading case in this matter is, MA (Pakistan).

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:03 pm

Thanks, Obie.

Yes. That’s the authority.

The OP had mentioned
Vaksa wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:37 am
It says 7 years , but it's still reasonable for a child to live the country with both parents . And he included the case with Pakistan I can't remember the name , now the upper tribunal came back as no error was made , its like everyone is against me

I was searching for cases with parents of different nationalities to see if there was anything useful or helpful.
Vaksa wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:41 am
even though we both from different counties .

Vaksa
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Vaksa » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:41 pm

Guess it was bad luck !😟