ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistake on citizenship invitation letter and more!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aamir_maky123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Mistake on citizenship invitation letter and more!

Post by aamir_maky123 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:49 am

Last year February i did a joint application for naturalization and passport through a council's nationality checking service in London . Council Staff checked the forms, inspected the original documents, photocopied and attested the copied and posted it to the UKBA.

I received my citizenship invitation letter towards the end of April. I booked my ceremony with the local council for the 10th of May 2017.

Later i realized there is a mistake (wrong nationality) on the invitation letter which I received from the UKBA. I called my local council and spoke to them about it. They gave me an email for the citizenship dept and asked me to send them an email for the potential amendment.

After sending them an email, my ceremony was cancelled and i was asked to post them the citizenship invitation letter back along with the original supporting documents i-e my bio-metric card, passport, bank statements etc. So the process begins again.

I thought this potential amendment may take a couple of days. Contrary to that I was send my original documents back, followed by corrected citizenship invitation letter in July. I had my ceremony on 9th of August 2017 and passport was issued on the 14th of August 2017.

My daughter was born in Pakistan on the 12th of June 2017. Now if it wasn't for the mistake made by the Home Office on the citizenship invitation letter I would have had my ceremony on the 10th of May. She was born on the 12th of June, I would have applied for her British passport online and she would have it in a couple of weeks or months as i would have had my ceremony before she was born. Instead I have to pay over 2300 Pounds in fee for her settlement visa.

Can I argue on the basis that Home Office made a mistake and she can potentially be eligible for passport?

Has anyone been in a similar situation or heard of a scenario like this?

Shouting out for a hardcore solicitor!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Mistake on citizenship invitation letter and more!

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:57 am

aamir_maky123 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:49 am
Shouting out for a hardcore solicitor!
Members are not permitted to post recommendations, names or contact details for solicitors.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.