ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying Naturalisation - Cancelled without Prejudice Stamp-

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

srinidhi82
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Applying Naturalisation - Cancelled without Prejudice Stamp-

Post by srinidhi82 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:54 pm

Hi,

My wife is in the process of applying for naturalization. During her last GNIB registration on july 27,2017, the office made an error on the validity of her stamp date and we realized the mistake when we applied for her re-entry visa. SO she had to go back to GNIB office and they rectified the stamp on her passport by
1. Cancel the stamp which had error by putting "Cancelled without Prejudice"
2. Issue a correct stamp with proper validity date on the stamp on 27 September 2017
3. Her GNIB card has issue date on 27 july 2017

Question i have is that should i put a separate note saying about this scenario when submitting her citizenship application . Because her new corrected stamp was on 27 September 2017 and the cancelled stamp was issues on 27 July 2017, hope they don't see this as a gap in her registration in the year prior to applying for citizenship

Any advise here is appreciated.

Thanks
Srinidhi

Ali0857
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Applying Naturalisation - Cancelled without Prejudice Stamp-

Post by Ali0857 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:25 am

Bro may be the explainin note will solve the confusion BUT Your wife waited 5 years for this day so I guess wait another 2 months more just for the safe side.. atleast you guys will sleep in peace and less stress less worries ...

Thats my Advice to you. And i really want you to take the advice and thank me later ..
๐Ÿš™...................................๐Ÿš“ ๐Ÿš“..๐Ÿš“...๐Ÿš“
๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฎโค๏ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ฐ

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:20 am

Ali0857 wrote: โ†‘
Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:25 am
Bro may be the explainin note will solve the confusion BUT Your wife waited 5 years for this day so I guess wait another 2 months more just for the safe side.. atleast you guys will sleep in peace and less stress less worries ...

Thats my Advice to you. And i really want you to take the advice and thank me later ..
the gap is in last year so waiting two months will not solve the issue however "Cancelled without Prejudice" means future visa will not be effected and it does not effect the validity of other visas.

from ali opinion you have to wait till September 2018 before submitting application.

my advise is you send an email to citizenship office im pretty sure they will tell you that you can apply and count that period in your residency calculation then make sure to print out that email and attach their email reply to the residency calculator print out you will send with your application !
thanks

srinidhi82
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by srinidhi82 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:25 am

I emailed them , got a replay from citizenship office stating that i need to explain this scenario in a seperate note and attach the email for which i got a reply from.

Thanks

bobu2kadu

Post by bobu2kadu » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:36 pm

Hi,

Does this mean the application will be on the go slow queue, I have seen many people on this forum with similar "explainable gaps" not get the second letter for a year or more.

Warm Regards
Bobu

srinidhi82
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by srinidhi82 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:25 pm

well technically there is no gap here in the stamps ... not sure if this will delay the process.

can you pls refer me to the posts where the explainable gaps applications are delayed?

bobu2kadu

Post by bobu2kadu » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:50 pm

srinidhi82 wrote: โ†‘
Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:25 pm
well technically there is no gap here in the stamps ... not sure if this will delay the process.

can you pls refer me to the posts where the explainable gaps applications are delayed?

Hey there,

Please go through the topic name "Delay in application ...2016". Its on the main page. Also try searching by yourself and read other online forums, these days the department just needs "reasons" to delay your application due to the heavy rush for Irish passports post Brexit. I am not trying to discourage you but the wait may be in years rather than months. :)

Warm Regards
Bobu