ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET O APPROVED AFTER 15 YEARS IN THE UK 2x3 DLR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alz3eem2002
inactive
United Arab Emirates

Re: ILR SET O APPROVED AFTER 15 YEARS IN THE UK 2x3 DLR

Post by Alz3eem2002 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Thanks Mkhari,

When I received the confirmation that I was accepted they said my file would be sent to Liverpool premium service and they sent me some dates in the beginning of January. So I had the option of both.

But luckily I decided for not to go an attend myself. This worked out better as if I went there and wanted more information then I would need to go and sent them again. Which is a waste of money then.

But what I was aware is that when I sent the confirmation within 5 days they responded that they needed more information. And when I sent the more evidence for my CRB, it took them 5 days also. So I think they have to respond within 5 days.

mkhari
Pakistan

Post by mkhari » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:34 pm

many thanks
MKHARI

luqi2020
South Africa

Post by luqi2020 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:39 pm

Alz3eem2002 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:51 am
FINally alhamdullilah received the good news on Friday. Recievd the ILR approval.

2 x 3dlr Set O application (Outside immigration rules after a failed asylum process).

Came to England in 2002.
First DLR in August 2008
Applied for further 3 years in august 2014.
The hassle starts here....................
-My solicitor applied the wrong application form in August 2014 and got sent the application back in December 2014 and the H.O asked to submit the correct form within 14 days.
I was shocked that solicitors never knew what form to submit. The excuse was that no one knew what form to submit and there was a lot of confusion within the solicitors. (Excuse me you are a solicitor which I paid you for guidance and should be able to contact the Home office to know which forms to submit).
Anyway the Home accepted it and granted me the 2nd DLR on February 2015.

Theoretically the 6 years finishes on august 2017. So I went to the solicitor and paid more to see a senior solicitor. Still a confusion wether use a SET O or FLR (DL). She decided then to use SET O.

I was told I cant use premium service.I thought lets wait 6 months why not.

In December 2017 I thought Why not try and ask for a premium service and see the result. Applied and got accepted.

Looking at the forum topics people who received 2x3dlr after a failed asylum case are the ones which are put in dilemma. Some say use flr dlr and some set o.

I believe and its my opinion only is to use SET O and go for premium.
I was always told you cant, your wasting money. In my opinion anyone with a similar case can apply and there is a lot of people in this forum who got it.
If you don't succeed its because the case worker doesn't know the rules. Ask yourself why do people with the same case (failed asylum case) get approved and not you. Yes there is a lot who say that form FLR (DLR) clearly states that people with asylum cases can use it BUT Set O doesn't tell you that you cant use it.

Anyway received a letter on the 5th of January stating you have a criminal conviction, caution, court proceedings, which you have not disclosed in section 7 I think. If I don't reply within ten days my application would get refused. I was in shock as I never thought I had any.
So applied for Disclosure Scotland for CRB £25 which came back clear (this normally takes 14 days but after I pledged them to expedite it they got it done in 3 days.

Then applied for £10 PNC police check (ACRO) AND THIS NORMALLY TAKES 40 DAYS. but after also telling them my situation it got released in 4 days. The result was that 11 years ago I had a warning I forgot about and never thought it would be counted as a caution.
Anyway responded back to the H.O on time.

Thanks to CMOSUK and the rest of you guys for the guidance and support.

On the 26th January 2018 I received an email from the solicitors with the good news. The premium service team has approved my ILR application and should receive my biometric card within 7 working days.

Sorry for the long paragraph above but I thought I should share my experience with everyone with the same case to give back to the forum.

When I applied for the ILR LAST AUGUST I WAS TOLD by the solicitor that I may receive a further 3 YEARS DLR due to the lapse I had when submitting the wrong last dlr application.

I was in a panicky mode as this would mean I had to wait another 3 years due to a fault made by a non caring solicitor who just wants to be paid.

My experience might not be the worst but it was mentally and physically diffusing

Thank you everyone and now I can apply for a spouse visa for my wife who she was waiting for 5 years for this news back home to be able to bring her over.
Hi dear.
Many Many congratulations . Enjoy your freedom :D :D
i had similar case and i was granted last week through PEO. Alhamdolliah.