ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Test for Dependant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

babaty2k02
Member of Standing
Nigeria

English Language Test for Dependant

Post by babaty2k02 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:22 pm

Hi All.

Please I would like to be guided as I have conflicting information. We will be due for ILR next year, but not sure if my wife will have to show English Test qualification. Please advise.

Thank you.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: English Language Test for Dependant

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:35 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:42 pm

Not only english test but also life in uk test (known on forum as LIUK)

The english test is really easy (If she communicates day to day in English at almost any level)

LIUK not particularly difficult but needs preparing. In itself it's fun learning. Start now and then it won't be under pressure.

babaty2k02
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by babaty2k02 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:06 pm

seasky wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:42 pm

The english test is really easy (If she communicates day to day in English at almost any level)

LIUK not particularly difficult but needs preparing. In itself it's fun learning. Start now and then it won't be under pressure.
Already passed LIUK

babaty2k02
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by babaty2k02 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:09 pm

She holds a BA degree taught in English (not UK degree) - any relevance?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:32 pm

babaty2k02 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:09 pm
She needs B1 English test OR she needs UK NARIC UKVI red route. They both cost the same - £150'ish. English test is quicker.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:44 pm

babaty2k02 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:06 pm
seasky wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:42 pm

Already passed LIUK
If passed LIUK then English test is dead easy

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:46 pm

babaty2k02 wrote:
Degree in English from correct Uni etc is OK. Reasearch the credentials needed.

For me it was easier to do the english test then to run after proof of my taught in English Masters

babaty2k02
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by babaty2k02 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:47 pm

I saw this on the FAQ

Q7: What documentary evidence(s) do I need to include if I fulfill the requirements by either Q3 or Q4?
a) If you are fulfilling the requirement on the basis of a degree taught or researched in English and obtained in UK (i.e.- UK qualification), then:
1. Your original degree certificate.
b) If you are fulfilling the requirement on basis of a degree taught or researched in English and obtained overseas (i.e.- overseas qualification), then:then:
1. Your original degree certificate, and
2. a statement obtained through the NARIC's Visa and Nationality Service.

c) If you are fulfilling the requirement on the basis of an approved test, then:
Certificate showing that you have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or an equivalent level qualification. (If you sat a Home Office approved test you may not have a certificate, but should ensure that you state the necessary details in the form).

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:03 pm

babaty2k02 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:47 pm
I saw this on the FAQ

Q7: What documentary evidence(s) do I need to include if I fulfill the requirements by either Q3 or Q4?
a) If you are fulfilling the requirement on the basis of a degree taught or researched in English and obtained in UK (i.e.- UK qualification), then:
1. Your original degree certificate.
b) If you are fulfilling the requirement on basis of a degree taught or researched in English and obtained overseas (i.e.- overseas qualification), then:then:

c) If you are fulfilling the requirement on the basis of an approved test, then:
Certificate showing that you have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or an equivalent level qualification. (If you sat a Home Office approved test you may not have a certificate, but should ensure that you state the necessary details in the form).
What is your question?? It is very clear what is required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:03 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:32 pm
babaty2k02 wrote:
She needs B1 English test OR she needs UK NARIC UKVI red route. They both cost the same - £150'ish. English test is quicker.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

babaty2k02
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by babaty2k02 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:16 pm

[/quote]
What is your question?? It is very clear what is required.
[/quote]

My question is that on (b) above, with the original certificate, I just need a statement obtained from NARIC. On the NARIC website to obtain the statement I need to fill the Immigration Tier my wife is on and which Immigration Route. The options under which Immigration Tier = Tiers 1 - 5, Settlement, Nationality. Which do I choose?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:19 pm

babaty2k02 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:16 pm
My question is that on (b) above, with the original certificate, I just need a statement obtained from NARIC. On the NARIC website to obtain the statement I need to fill the Immigration Tier my wife is on and which Immigration Route. The options under which Immigration Tier = Tiers 1 - 5, Settlement, Nationality. Which do I choose?
Char (CR001 not Casa)