ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa for spouse (ILR) of British Citizen

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pentaya
India

Schengen Visa for spouse (ILR) of British Citizen

Post by pentaya » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:17 pm

Hi There

Need a bit of advice. I am a British citizen and my partner is on UK ILR. We both are working. We both would like to visit EU frequently for holidays and I wonder which is the best way to apply for Schengen visa?

What are the options for applying Schengen? Is it via spouse route or to apply on her own?

What I have heard is, the visa is free to apply for ILR spouses married to UK citizens. How true is this? Also, what we are looking for is a long-term visa such that we can frequently visit Europe.

Thanks
P

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Re: Schengen Visa for spouse (ILR) of British Citizen

Post by dan1988uk » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:04 pm

pentaya wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:17 pm
Hi There

Need a bit of advice. I am a British citizen and my partner is on UK ILR. We both are working. We both would like to visit EU frequently for holidays and I wonder which is the best way to apply for Schengen visa?

What are the options for applying Schengen? Is it via spouse route or to apply on her own?

What I have heard is, the visa is free to apply for ILR spouses married to UK citizens. How true is this? Also, what we are looking for is a long-term visa such that we can frequently visit Europe.

Thanks
P
The visa if free if issued under the Directive, visa will be for a maximum of 90 days in 180 days.

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:13 pm

Thanks, buddy. We are planning to visit France first and should go through TLS Contact which is an outsourced firm for French embassy.

In that case, all she would need is an application form, photos, my British passport & marriage certificate.

Please kindly confirm

Muzzique
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Muzzique » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:08 pm

Hi, That would be correct. However you will have to pay the TCS fee. It is just the agency fee you have to pay however. if you go to the embassy directly it will be free.

One way round this is to obtain a schengen visa from another embassy. I recommend the Greek embassy as you can turn up and apply without an appointment.

The schengen visa they issue is valid for travel and entry into France. I got a 1 year visa from them last time for my non-Eu wife on ILR. There was no cost and it took 3 days to process.

I then went to france and never actually went to Greece.

krish2587
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by krish2587 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:11 pm

Hi

Did you get multiple visa entry from greece ?

I was thinking of going to the swiss embassy as they also have a no appointment system direct at embassy.

Just soo many stories online saying if you turn up at another country they look to see your onward journey and if there isn't they can reject it as nulled.

krish2587
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by krish2587 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:20 pm

Muzzique wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:08 pm
Hi, That would be correct. However you will have to pay the TCS fee. It is just the agency fee you have to pay however. if you go to the embassy directly it will be free.

One way round this is to obtain a schengen visa from another embassy. I recommend the Greek embassy as you can turn up and apply without an appointment.

The schengen visa they issue is valid for travel and entry into France. I got a 1 year visa from them last time for my non-Eu wife on ILR. There was no cost and it took 3 days to process.

I then went to france and never actually went to Greece.
Hi

Did you get multiple visa entry from greece ?

I was thinking of going to the swiss embassy as they also have a no appointment system direct at embassy.

Just soo many stories online saying if you turn up at another country they look to see your onward journey and if there isn't they can reject it as nulled.